• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Heckler

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

*Runs in, drops trousers, wiggles pimply butt, runs out*
  2. Heckler

The Octopus Thread

<Strokes tentacles>
  3. Heckler

Modern Urban Legends?

A famous TV celeb who has been linked with this UL, who being deceased can't sue me.
  4. Heckler

Spy-Fi: The New Trend?

By Stewart Copeland of the Police no less.
  5. Heckler

Lost & Found

It has half the tensile strength of 'tennerglass' one would presume.
  6. Heckler

Fortean Headlines

I tried them once and didn't have any water to wash them down. Wound up with a stiff neck.
  7. Heckler

FT371

These days he's not as upstanding as he once was.
  8. Heckler

FT371

I'm guessing so.... It's a pleasure to be back amongst such august company.
  9. Heckler

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

My ten year old Carbon Fibre beauty has seen some real action lately, for a while in current job I was cycling a 30 mile a day commute. Haven't bought a new bike since the steel framed pizza bike a few years back (I know I know).
  10. Heckler

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

<pops head around door> Company went bust, unemployed, employed again, hate job, got new job, moved house. There you go you're all caught up.... <closes door>
  11. Heckler

FT371

Popped in to mention the young lady sat on the floor in the letters section reading FT is quite the magazine reader. An identical photo appears in the letters page of Dark Side magazine this month with her holding that periodical instead.
  12. Heckler

Oops! The Silly Mistakes Thread

Is reminded of the unpleasant squaddie pub phrase 'knocked her hip out' as in: "How did you get on with that bird last night." "Mate, I knocked her hip out."
  13. Heckler

Atheism

The idea that consciousness transcends at death is a comforting one, the concept that the loss of the self at the point of death simply means that you become part of the whole consciousness of the universe and sense of self during our life is simply a letter box through which we view that...
  14. Heckler

Charles Manson

Yes that will also be cruel (and without end).
  15. Heckler

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

No, they landed outside the lunar monsoon season.
  16. Heckler

Collapsing Terrain: Landslides / Landslips / Rockfalls / Etc.

Imagine the Real Estate blurb: "Close to commuting link".
  17. Heckler

Discussion Of Spam & Spammers

You'd think she could give Kylie a call and ask for some cash rather than Spam bomb us for coins?
  18. Heckler

Discussion Of Spam & Spammers

Danni appears to be spam bombing us with a documentary link.
  19. Heckler

It's made up of the detritus of meteor impacts, both the meteors themselves and the pulverised lunar surface that results and is extremely dense (i.e. larger fragments but still granular) and therefore load bearing beneath the top layer of much finer dust.
  20. Heckler

It's not rock, it's a thick layer of dust. I recall one of the astronauts comparing it to the high desert of the US.
  21. Heckler

Charles Manson

Surely the point of incarceration versus execution, is that society as a whole can be protected from individuals, who by their actions show they are unable to live according to the simple moral precept (religion aside) of "do not kill others" without lowering society to the same level as them by...
  22. Heckler

FT360

Haven't read the article but I'm reliably informed its author is an outstanding gentleman, a true genius of the sort that only appear once a generation and handsome to boot.
  23. Heckler

Charles Manson

His cultural importance was as a figurehead for all the fears of square white America in the late sixties, that their sons and daughters could drop out of their 'normal' lives and wind up at the hands of and as the tools of, a man like Manson. He grew up in a very unpleasant environment, spent...
  24. Heckler

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

"Bootiful, really bootiful"
  25. Heckler

Horror Shorts

Years ago I booked a last minute holiday to Greece and not possessing any shorts and the time of year being the height of summer naturally the shops were full of next seasons autumn stuff I decided to repurpose a pair of boxer shorts as shorts. I sewed up the port hole at the front and was very...
  26. Heckler

Upcoming Marvel Adaptations

I think Mrs. Heckler would pay folding money to go to the cinema just to watch Tom Hiddleston wrestle Benedict Cucumberpatch for a few hours.
  27. Heckler

Upcoming Marvel Adaptations

That would've been a dull battle.
  28. Heckler

I'll give you a short excerpt "I've got big hands.....said the boyfriend".:eek:
  29. Heckler

Multiple People, Each Using One Finger, Lifting A Person

It's a lovely thought that the extent of the Prince of Darkness's influence is to enable us to lift a colleague with one finger.
  30. Heckler

Stranger Things

Nigella Lawson as a self confessed user of drugs was barred from entry to the US IIRC.
  31. Heckler

Jack The Ripper (Compendium Thread)

The party was between pubs and found themselves in the darker back alleys of Soho. Our eye was collectively caught by a blood red neon sign that hearalded said Spankorama and naturally being inquisitive types we approached thinking what an excellent Fortean travelogue column it would make if we...
  32. Heckler

Look, the right combination of skills and a lot of luck has meant there haven't been any fatalities at a meet so far. Imagine it instead as something like a combination of Withnail and I, Sapphire and Steel and a low rent circus where there are only clowns.
  33. Heckler

<Shivers> There are some things best left unexplained....... <Stares off into distance>
  34. Heckler

Nine Ladies Stone Circle

When we go to Cumbria we always stay at the camp site just up the road from Castlerigg so I've been there a few times. I always feel a little sad when I go there, coachloads of tourists unload, climb on the stones, take selfies and then climb back on the bus.
  35. Heckler

There was a case sometime ago where the 'unintentional' sex with an animal defence was tested. A man was found stood at the top of a fence, trousers and pants around his ankles having sex with a horse, he claimed to have been taking a leak when the horse 'backed onto him'. Naturally the judge...
  36. Heckler

A handbag got stolen from one member that night (no longer posting, not due to said theft). At another London meet we discovered the 'Spankorama' in Soho (but made our excuses and left). There was an unfortunate outbreak of faux Irish dancing in a dog rough Irish gay pub that almost got...
  37. Heckler

BBC Ghostwatch (1992 Television Pseudo-Documentary)

Indeed, one of the magicians he worked with on the TV show was Ali Bongo.
  38. Heckler

Daniels was an incredibly talented magician who don't forget came up with new material, week in week out for years, there are few magicians who could do that. I got to see him live a few years back and his control of the crowd and off the cuff banter was sublime. I wonder what he really...
  39. Heckler

Star Wars

MAAAAHOOOOOSIVE SPOILER!
  40. Heckler

Or a few years back 'Goth at the BBC' musical compilation for Halloween which amply demonstrated that unless you widened the scope of what Goth was to include Shakespear's Sister there actually wasn't any Goth at the BBC.
  41. Heckler

Aleister Crowley

I saw Richard Harris in the Coal Hole many moons ago. Mrs. Heckler utterly star struck asked for his autograph and suddenly struggling for something to say as he signed said the the first thing that came into her head "My mom likes your films".
  42. Heckler

Tattoos

And that's what cooks my noodle, they aren't excessively speeding to be reckless or get a thrill, I don't think the inherent danger in their action to themselves or others even occurs to them, they genuinely believe they are incredibly good drivers and can easily handle those speeds due to their...
  43. Heckler

Tattoos

The whole 'street car' scene with its endlessly polished turds, clutch dump valves and under car illumination is by itself a bit sad but horses for courses and all that. Drive that piece of shit at fifty through a residential area like the twat you are, thinking you're Vin fucking Diesel and I...
  44. Heckler

One would certainly not wish to be involved in a friendly fire 'Blue on Blue' incident.
  45. Heckler

Oh yeah for sure, we had a few in London and one extraordinarily drunken one in Brighton. The latter one was a two day pub crawl. Always up for a couple of shandies with Fortean folks. I'll start a thread over on chat.
  46. Heckler

That reminds me, yonks ago we had a Fortean meet up event in the Ten Bells of people from this very forum. I'm probably the last person from that meet still posting which is a rather sad thought.
  47. Heckler

Time Machine in London Cemetery

John Carter is in inside and will be awfully grumpy to be dragged back from Barsoom again.
  48. Heckler

Serial Killer Films & TV

Seriously? Did he turn up to fix the cable and stay for sexy funtimes?
  49. Heckler

Horror Films

So why did everyone but Julia (and her various victims) have an American accent?
Back