• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Graylien

War Crimes Scandal: Did The Army Cover Up Torture And Murder In The Middle East?

Right. Anyone here actually live in the real world? You get kids from broken homes or borstal going in the army coz there's a recession on, they have no qualifications, and they don't want to work in a factory being boring. Give em guns, train 'em to kill, and send them somewhere extreme...
  2. Graylien

Kids Today

Well. I'd just use a dog. Put a large raincoat on it, and tape me drugs inside. I'd walk the bugger for a few months till the border guards got used to seeing it. Actually several dogs. But they'd all look pretty much the same. Something harmless looking like a giant poodle. I'd call them all...
  3. Graylien

Mince Pie Martians

Now, didn't those buggers have something to say about Bruce Forsyth or something? Give us a twirl!
  4. Graylien

Quitters: Members Who've Left The Forum

I'm not flouncing. I'm simply politely requesting that you delete all my posts. Please be assured that I'm not going to suddenly reactivate my account in a couple of weeks and demand that you suddenly reactivate my account and reinstate all my posts. I'm through with this place. I don't think...
  5. Graylien

To be honest, I'm perfectly happy with Reddit. I don't need the utter farce this board has recently become.
  6. Graylien

I think legally speaking, I don't have a leg to stand on. My posts legally belong to the administrators of the forum. And I have no copyright over them whatsover. But my personal preference would be that they are deleted entirely. From an IT point of view, this is surely relatively easy to...
  7. Graylien

To be honest, I find her comment unnecessary and offensive. You yourself are someone I have the greatest of respect for. But I'm done with the ridiculous farce this forum has become.
  8. Graylien

WTF is your problem? I have politely requsted that my account be deleted and I have politely explained the reasons why. But for some random reason you have decided to act like an insenstive twat. Fk you and Fk the horse you rode in on. Why on Earth you are a Moderator is completely beyond me.
  9. Graylien

This may well be because I am accessing the forum through an Android phone rather than via a Laptop or PC. But I have gone through the various menus, and I can't find an option to delete my account. This may perhaps be an issue with my Android phone, or perhaps it is an issue with the forum...
  10. Graylien

Let There Be More Light: The Pink Floyd Thread

Someone paid nearly 4 million dollars for a second hand 50 year old guitar? This confirms my suspicion that we are living in an artificial simulated universe. Such an event could not possibly occur in the real world.
  11. Graylien

The Everlasting Mystery Of Teaspoons

Morrisons have suddenly reduced the price of their latte spoons (basically incredibly long teaspoons) down from £1 to 20p. Normal teaspoons remain £1. Why are latte spoons so long? I'm a bit confused by coffee nowadays.
  12. Graylien

Pokémon GO Madness

Is Pokemon Go still a thing? In Norwich when it first launched I was constantly having to sidestep youngsters on the streets, as they were too busy staring at their phones hunting Pokemon to look where they were walking. Then after a couple of months everyone seemed to lose interest. Now with...
  13. Graylien

Definitive FT Article Index?

There's an eBay seller currently flogging what they claim to be a fairly complete index on a CD. I noticed it the other day when I was searching for back issues...
  14. Graylien

Worst Movie EVER?

Ah yes. The one with the giant flying stone head?
  15. Graylien

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I dreamt I was watching Countdown and Nick Newer started telling everyone about a particular breed of Cocker Spaniel that had three cocks and three pairs of balls. Not sure what that was about! Nick does tend to talk about rather random subjects though. The other day he started going on about...
  16. Graylien

First Issue Of Fortean Times

There's an eBay trader selling a second paperback book compiling issues 1-15 for £26.54. So that's about £1.77 an issue. I assume this was an official release...
  17. Graylien

Worst Movie EVER?

I quite like Star Crash. Haven't seen the sequel. My only issue with Star Crash is they got another actress to overdub Caroline Munro's voice, since they apparently couldn't afford to fly her back over from England for the dubbing session. I like Caroline Munro, me, and she has a lovely voice...
  18. Graylien

Worst Movie EVER?

I bought that from Poundland a while ago. Apparently when it was originally released they had another actor overdub Arnie's lines since they feared his strong Austrian accent would be incomprehensible to a US audience. The version I bought had restored Arnie's original dialogue. IIRC he was...
  19. Graylien

First Issue Of Fortean Times

Why was it called The News?
  20. Graylien

'Ghost Hunting' Shows Are Getting So Bad That It's Beyond Amusing

If you're interested in ghost hunting, I reckon you're best off saving up a few quid and joining an investigation yourself rather than watching any of those shows. They're essentially a form of Reality TV. And it's an open industry secret that Reality TV shows are highly scripted and edited to...
  21. Graylien

The Unbearable Strangeness Of Edmonds

If Edmonds is God then Lucifer is The Banker. They pretend to be mortal enemies fighting over humanity's destiny but in reality they're affable colleagues who go golfing together and enjoy a good laugh at the foibles of us mere mortals.
  22. Graylien

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

This did not happen to me. It happened to an acquaintance of mine who I was not especially close to. So it may be complete baloney. At the time we were both living in a youth hostel. One night my acquaintance smoked some joints and drank some beer. He claimed that a very evil looking dwarf...
  23. Graylien

Creationist Theme Parks

€75 to visit a replica ark? The only way I would pay that much is if the ark did indeed include two examples of each species of the world's animals. In which case it would be a most excellent zoo. Also I would like it to float rather than being marooned on land, in order to enhance the...
  24. Graylien

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

Why do we seem to be assuming that all "top secret" aircraft sighted in the US must be of US (or extraterrestrial) origin? Other countries are also quite capable of developing advanced technology.
  25. Graylien

Star Trek

Star Trek really need to stop letting actors direct films or episodes. Being a director and being an actor are completely different skillsets. OK, sometimes certain people can do both. Clint Eastwood for example. Just as certain people can both play the banjo and make excellent origami cranes...
  26. Graylien

The "TryPraying" UK Campaign: Religion For Atheists & Sceptics

Proving the non existence of something with 100% certainty is pretty much impossible. So using that as an argument that something unlikely may yet exist has no real merit. Can I be certain leprechauns don't exist? Folklore accounts exist of encounters with them. Even if I searched the entire...
  27. Graylien

Origin Of The Label "Hip Hop"

While visiting the launderette today I noticed a poster in the window advertising that Melle Mel and The Sugarhill Gang would be performing at the Norwich Waterfront this July, in honor of the 40th anniversary of Rapper's Delight. I've only been to The Waterfront once many years ago when a band...
  28. Graylien

Musicians / Actors / Artists Dying During Performances Or Productions

Peter Sellers died before Blake Edwards began filming the 1982 film Trail of The Pink Panther, so his few appearances in the film are actually scenes that were cut from earlier entries in the series. David Niven makes a brief cameo and was suffering the later stages of ALS that ended his life...
  29. Graylien

Royals

If the royals don't enjoy the scrutiny that goes with their immensely privileged lifestyles then they can simply resign. They no longer wield any meaningful political power so are essentially impotent on that front. As far as tourism or diplomacy goes, plenty of countries with no royalty enjoy...
  30. Graylien

These Things Don't Happen Much Anymore

I do have a long answer to your examples, but for now I'll make do with a short one. The fact that a particular phenomenon was only reported for a short time doesn't necessarily prove the phenomenon was false. For example, for a couple of years in the mid 1920's The Charleston was a very...
  31. Graylien

24/25th January 2019 East Anglia UFO & Humanoid?

The wikipedia article doesn't give a source for the report, but reads like it was lifted from the spookyisles piece. Which also doesn't name a primary source or a single witness or any of the doctors supposedly diagnosing radiation sickness. East Anglia is a pretty big region, covering Norfolk...
  32. Graylien

Astronomical News

Yes, that does suggest there's something pretty fundamentally inaccurate or missing in our current model of the development of the universe
  33. Graylien

Astronomical News

The short answer seems to be that it's impossible to know. We know the universe formed 13.8 billion years ago. That means that theoretically we can detect light from stars and galaxies up to 13.8 billion light years in any direction. However in practical terms the number of stellar objects we...
  34. Graylien

Woman Critically Injured In Padstow Obby Oss Incident

According to a follow up article the 34 yr old woman has since died in hospital from her injuries. The report suggests that aside from her encounter with the oss she may also have been assaulted roughly an hour prior to collapsing at the parade:
  35. Graylien

How 'Alien' Might Aliens Be? (Biologically; Mentally)?

Also developing advanced technology requires a reasonably complex shared language and the ability to think logically and to understand mathematics. You can discover fire or which berries taste nice pretty much by accident but you can't accidentally build and pilot a spaceship. Also you need...
  36. Graylien

Drone Mischief (Harassment; Crime; Pranks; Etc.)

Panorama have an episode devoted to the Gatwick drone incident in which they briefly consider there may have been no drone at all. The Gatwick Drone Attack Only 30 mins long but still rather a lot of padding involving people complaining about missing their flights rather than getting to grips...
  37. Graylien

Voices From The Cosmos

Both Reg Presley and Shaun Ryder have helmed TV shows about UFOs. Bez on the other hand apparently thinks aliens are time travelling humans from the future using 'exotic matter'.
  38. Graylien

What The Hell Is Mr Winkle?

There's a 2019 Mr Winkle calendar promising "adorable outtakes from his beloved character collection". Which I guess just means shots from old photoshoots that weren't used at the time.
  39. Graylien

Tim Good's Source For The Original MJ 12 Papers?

Bill Moore seems to have had a huge effect on the path Ufology took in the 80s and 90s. Both his early books (with Charles Berlitz) The Philadelphia Experiment and The Roswell Incident sold well and became entrenched in UFO folklore. The Philadelphia Experiment was always rather fringe, but...
  40. Graylien

Anyone Know What This Is For?

Google image search thinks it's a rifle.
  41. Graylien

Oxford Professor Claims Aliens Already Breeding With Humans

Well, correlation doesn't always imply causation. The rise in alien abduction reports also correlates with increasing ownership of colour TVs, but that doesn't mean aliens have come to watch our tellies. The good Dr has a rather dull talk up on Youtube. Rather oddly the Kelly Hopkinsville...
  42. Graylien

Horror Films

Not really a horror film but I couldn't figure out where to ask this. Does anyone know where I can watch Ridley Scott's Legend with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack? As I understand it, British and European audiences got the film with the original Jerry Goldmith score but USA audiences got...
  43. Graylien

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

Have these posters only just appeared? The website claims the sounds started in June 2018 though the web domain itself was registered in Dec 2018. So they first hear the noises last June and start recording them. In December they put the recordings up on their new website. And by April 2019...
  44. Graylien

Evaluating Evidence

Yeah, they should have moved on to DAB by now. Or podcasts. I've read a theory that the voices aren't spirits themselves. Rather the spirits are using fragments of speech being broadcast across various radio stations in order to assemble messages. (A bit like the old fashioned way of...
  45. Graylien

Cruelty To Animals

Some unpleasant happenings in the suburbs of Norwich at the moment. It appears someone may be systematically mutilating and killing cats. Two cats have been found with their ears sliced off and two dead animals have also been found. Two possible sightings of the perp have been recorded - on...
  46. Graylien

Brucie In A Bottle Bafflement

Boy Bruce, The Mighty Atom!
  47. Graylien

Worst Movie EVER?

Oddly your review would also be appropriate to Roger Corman's The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent. A film everyone should see once, then never again.
  48. Graylien

Brucie In A Bottle Bafflement

Is it just me who thinks Brucie in that drawing resembles Van Gogh?
  49. Graylien

Believe It Or Not. What Have You Changed Your Mind About?

Alien visitations. I now think the credible UFO sightings can be explained as secret military aircraft. As for the incredible sightings/encounters, they're either hoaxes or mystical experiences (whatever those actually are.) Also there seems to be some scattered evidence that various...
  50. Graylien

Is The Whole Truth About The Notre-Dame Cathedral Fire Being Presented?

A simple and doubtless silly question but what is actually burning? I thought cathedrals were largely made of stone? Or are the roof tiles made of something flammable?
Back