• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

The haunted new house

Okay, so years and years ago, when I was twelve, my parents and I stayed at my uncle's house in Wales. It had been built brand new to his specs a year or two before, so I was pretty surprised to find the place absolutely terrifying. We were there a week and I remember every night waking up to...
  2. A

Are People Here Scared Of Ghosts?

Sorry if there's been a thread on this before - it was a big of a vague one to search on :D I was bemoaning the lack of good hauntings in Toronto recently, only to realize that if I went somewhere I genuinely believed to be haunted, with a high likelihood of witnessing something, I'd...
  3. A

Man Sees 'Mark Of Beast,' Cuts Off Own Hand

http://www.ketv.com/news/15020509/detail.html I can't see why they wouldn't've tried to reattach a microwaved hand! I don't think it would've shrunk or anything!
  4. A

Vipassana Meditation

Just wondering if anyone had heard of this? http://www.ontario-dhamma.org/index.html It all sounds somewhat fishy as they offer a ten day residential course, totally free, the idea being that once completed participants may wish to make a donation to allow someone else spiritual calm...
  5. A

Peter Carroll - minorly weird book experience

Does anyone have any opinion of Peter Carroll or experiences of his brand of magic? When I first got my copy of Liber Kaos and flipped through it, I detected a weird charge coming off the book - it was only brief and was never repeated: just a transient wibble of power or energy. Naturally...
  6. A

Non-Professional Attribution Of A Medical / Psychological Condition

Has anyone else noticed how self-diagnosing Aspergers is becoming really popular? Is this a North American thing or has it turned up elsewhere too? Somehow, it seems to have become a desirable affliction, in that self-diagnosed sufferers (wrongly) believe that it confers genius without the...
  7. A

St Giles, Ashtead

Dunno if the ghost I saw in the churchyard of St. Giles in Ashtead, Surrey (England this would be), is one of those obliging types that turns up on regular dates, but back in 1986 around midnight on 9th October me and a bunch of friends saw a weird white swirly figure that vortexted down into a...
  8. A

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

Hello all! It's my first time posting here and just wanted to mention an experience I had, namely, back in May or June of 1992, I experienced what I can only think was a time slip. Going up to London with a new boyfriend, we caught a train to Waterloo and then headed down into the...
Back