• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. CALGACUS03

Mumsnet Thread: Aibu - To Ask The Spookiest/Creepiest/Mysterious Thing You've Ever Heard?

Ongoing accounts here. If I should have posted this somewhere else, please feel free to move it.
  2. CALGACUS03

New Interactive Death Map Breathes Life Into Mediaeval London

I'm not sure whether this ranks as Fortean (if not; then mods please delete), but it is interesting in respects of the criminality of a far earlier age.. From today's Guardian newspaper: New interactive death map breathes life into medieval London Brutal range of revenge killings and fatal...
  3. CALGACUS03

Were 1 in 20 Waterloo Casualties Women?

(I ... associate the 1 in 20 figure with the dead following the battle of Waterloo. Supposedly the same ratio of combatents were found there to be women masquerading as men). Incidentally, I have no knowledge of the veracity of ... the above.
  4. CALGACUS03

Headsup on TV program tonight

Mods - I'm not sure that this is the correct place to post this - please move it if there is somewhere better. All, Tonight on Scottish television (7.30 - 8.00 GMT) the "Unsolved" television series is looking into the death of Willie McRae the Scottish nationalist who was found dead or...
Back