• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. E

Mary White?

slightly OT but - when I was a kid growing up in Muswell Hill, North London, there was a rumour going round our school that one of the local woods (Queens Wood, opposite Highgate wood on Muswell Hill Road) was both haunted AND a hive of satanic activity. It was pretty creepy - I remember...
  2. E

psychic pspider

:shock: Ye Gods!! They are on the attack!! Reading these actually made me feel slightly panicky!! It's the thought of their wiggly legs running all over me, and crawling into my mouth while i'm asleep and, and LAYING EGGS!! Shudders and goes for a lie down
  3. E

Poltergeist Pint?!?

Yikes! :shock: I work in a bar, and although I've seen pints 'float' about on a wet bar/tables, I've never seen it happen on a dry one! That would have freaked me out big style! Maybe it was the universe's way of telling you you'd had quite enough! :wink:
  4. E

North West Weirdness

I'm a Manc (hmmm, perhaps I shouldn't confess this :shock: ) , but could get to Liverpool ... is the Ship & Mitre the pub, sort of near the art gallery, that does all the different types of beer? mmmmm
  5. E

North West Weirdness

Brilliant links! A NW Fortean Society-type-thing is a great idea! I know I'm a bit of newbie, but count me in if it gets off the ground..... :D
  6. E

Flying Spaghetti Monster & Pastafarianism

:rofl: I recommend the FSM forum (www.venganza.com), particularly the Pirate section, which has links to several hearty sea shanty sites!
  7. E

Sleep Strangeness

Like Redhead666 said, the ghost could represent something haunting from your past, or perhaps you subconciously associate the dream with a particular feeling or type of situation... As a child I used to be terrified by recurring dreams about being chased by werewolves (I think this...
  8. E

Witches & Spells

It's funny - was just browsing in my lunch hour, before yesterday I hadn't been on these boards for ages... Reading the first post on this thread made me want to post.... When I feel vulnerable - physically or emotionally, I've always imagined a barrier, like a sphere of light surrounding...
  9. E

Spirit Guide?

Flippin 'eck! :shock: That's a bit scary!
  10. E

The Horror Of Open Fields (Panic Induced In Open Spaces)

This thread has brought back a memory from a holiday I went on one summer to the North York Moors. I was about 6 - so it around 1984/85. It rained for the whole week - but my mum was a keen walker & had created us an itinery of walks that we had to stick to, rain or shine. One day was...
  11. E

Rain Woman and the Purple Baby

your mum might not really thank you for that though - otherwise, food diversion tactic!! :wink:
  12. E

Was I followed?

Well bigfoot did kidnap the Beastie Boys for 5 years. :eek!!!!: But I don't want to tar them all with the same brush... most bigfoot are probably happy with stalking from afar...
  13. E

Classic Archive Merged: Sleep Paralysis?

A friend of mine had a really similar experience a few times at his old girlfriends house - he would 'wake up' and see a shadow growing and spreading out from the corner of the room, when it had almost reached him he would start and properly wake up, and nothing would be there. That would still...
  14. E

Sneaker Software

Glitch in the Matrix? Follow the white rabbit! :D
  15. E

Childhood Memory

It's pretty strange isn't it? I was never frightened by it, and never mentioned it to anyone, I just got used to it as a child - I feel pretty sure that there is a physiological explanation but I'm buggered if i know what it is! I'm glad it's not just me though :)
  16. E

Childhood Memory

:shock: weird to read this! when I was a kid I also used to close my eyes and try to 'see' into the dark, and get images of all sorts of weird, flashing greeny-red shapes ... i used to scare myself by trying to see faces etc in the patterns.... when i got older i wondered if maybe it was to do...
  17. E

Strange Experience with BBC3 (Odd Static Image)

woah! freaky! Reminds me a bit of 'The Ring' ... no one saw a freaky kid with long black hair, a well and some horses did they? :shock: looks around anxiously and turns TV to face wall
  18. E

Guardian Angel?

well said Quix and Amaziod - I've been trying to formulate my opinions into a post (that made sense) for this thread and you guys have done it for me!
  19. E

Ghost in the machine?

:rofl: (microsoft-weary sigh)
  20. E

Dreams That Have Come True

I find this thread really fascinating. I've also had the sense of going back to the same place (dreamscape?) in dreams and kind of 'continuing' dreams where I left off... When i was a very young child (about 4 or 5) I had a really vivid dream of a beach with flat clean, sands and clear water...
  21. E

A Drink (Or Other Casual Encounter) With The Devil

Just a quick note to agree - American Gods is a fantastic book - everyone go out and read it! Also, speaking of the Devil, Neil Gaiman's depiction of Lucifer/Samael in the Sandman series (and in the spin off 'Lucifer' comics) is interesting.... I've mentioned this in another thread as well...
  22. E

Guardian Angel?

yup. especially about the makeup - pore-blocking agent of evil :D
  23. E

It Always Happens To Me (and my family)

I agree with the 'cycles' theory - in our family ew seem to have periods of good and bad 'luck'... also, with electrical appliances, if you buy them at the same time lots of products have a similar guarantee period, after which things seem to mysteriously go wrong ... our kettle and toaster...
  24. E

Guardian Angel?

Maybe it's all part of the universe's masterplan? Or, if there are angels maybe they have reasons of their own for what they do (a bit 'Sandman' I know, for anyone that's a Neil Gaiman fan)
  25. E

Childhood Memory

Komodo Schomodo (!) they're ok in a non-magical endangered species sort of way, but they don't fly, control the weather or sleep on big piles of gold! (sigh)... i think they've been known to eat people (or at least take a big bite) though :( I think I read somewhere that Komodo dragons have...
  26. E

Mysterious Howling

My mum's house backs on to an allotment, and I've heard some pretty awful sounding fox noises too, especially around mating season! Even when I knew what they were they still used to make me jump!
  27. E

Childhood Memory

Termite - that's really cool! When I was about 4 or 5 I was obsessed with Chinese Lions and dragons and even managed to amass a bit of a collection of pictures and models of them (hmm, not sure what happened to them?) .. I 've always thought the world would be a better place with real...
  28. E

Mysterious Howling

OOPS (Soz! slip of the old finger!!) :gaga: :oops: :shock: And I always thought badgers were quite friendly (too much Wind in the Willows and Animals of Farthing Wood when young, no doubt!). Glad to know I'm not the only one that had werewolf dreams as a child, Bannik!
  29. E

Mysterious Howling

Brrr Lobelia Overkill :eek!!!!: Am making mental note to search for silver defensive weapons before night falls (only found teaspoon so far: might be good for eye gouging)! When I was little I used to have a horrible recurring nightmare about being chased by werewolves (but was always...
  30. E

Cartoon Witch

When I was about four I was inconsolable one morning after dreaming that I had been kidnapped by the HobGoblin from the Spiderman cartoons :shock: He took me to fly around my Mum's bedroom (who was painting her toenails and ignored my cries for help)! Kids dream some pretty wierd things....
  31. E

A stealing and squeezing ghost?

Hi everyone, I've had the disapearing items too - books, letters and general household stuff, that always seem to reappear in places that I've checked at least 9 times before - my gran would say it was a boggart :!: have you tried leaving out a saucer of milk, Throw? :wink:
  32. E

mental connection

I've got a similar story... quite a few years ago, my great uncle (who was in his 50's) was taken ill very suddenly. He was rushed to hospital, his condition stabilised and everyone thought he would recover, but sadly he died a couple of days later. On the day he died my mum clearly heard his...
Back