• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. E

Panic! Or, How I Ran and Hid Like a Girl...

I'm sure there was a thread about unexplained moments of panic somewhere,but for the life of me I can't find it. If the mods want to shift this to the right place, then please do. Anyway, my story is this: About twelve years ago, when I was in my late teens, I and a few mates had been...
  2. E

Romantic Aussie Males

Ok, I saw this on tv last night and just had to ask. I was watching the new talking head series He Said She Said on BBC2 where all kinds of "celebrities" discuss the difference between the sexes. Kind of funny, but one thing stuck out. Australian author Kathy Lette was discussing her...
  3. E

Things they shouldn't say in movies...

Not sure if this is the right place for this, and if mods want to move it to Chat, fair do's. But... Have you ever been watching a movie when a character says something, and you know exactly what they mean, but for some reason it just sounds totally wrong? A case in point: I mistakenly...
  4. E

FT200 - Plans?

It's fast approaching, and it is a bit of a landmark, so are there any plans to make it a special issue? Double sized? Free gifts? Limited edition foil covers in eight different styles like you get with Marvel comics? There must be something afoot, as the issues are prepared months in...
  5. E

Eating Seafood Having Shells

RE: Lobsters Why anybody would want to eat a bloody great ocean cockroach is beyond me anyway. But hey, if you've got the stones for it, knock yerself out. I think you should have to kill them yourself anyway if you're gonna eat 'em. How many people would do that to a cow? Eh? Eh? Actually...
  6. E

National Treasure - Templars in Film

Apologies if someone's posted this thread already, but has anyone seen the new Nicolas Cage film National Treasure? I went to see it last night, and ok, wasn't expecting much, but this modern day Indiana Jones-lite romp seems to be the first of an expected crop of Templar/Masonic conspiracy...
  7. E

Does Exposure To Frozen / Freezer Environs Harm Female Fertility?

I wonder if anybody has ever heard of this one before. I was talking to my girlfriend last night, and she was quite worried about something someone at work had told her. Apparently, some firms will not allow women to work in frozen environments as it damages their fertility in later life...
  8. E

The Shaming Room

Hi All. This is my first post, so apologies if I'm bringing up something that's already been covered. A while ago, (hell, some years now, I guess) I heard a rumour that Japanese corporations have in their office buildings a place called the Shaming Room. This is generally an office with...
Back