• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

(Spun off from the Repressed Memories thread: https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/repressed-memories-a-recent-development.29019/#post-1944944 ---------------- Using such literary criteria to prove/disprove the existence of Repressed Memories led me to wonder whether there is any...
  2. A

Strange family backgrounds

Or, instead of being heir to a large fortune and estate, you might be a servant in a family of servants :) Hey, if you're descended from the rich guy, you're also descended from the servant girl he married.
  3. A

The Rocking Thing

Magnetism?
  4. A

Moonlights? WTF was it?

Wait a second... if this object was way way way behind the moon, couldn't it have actually 'traveled' that far, from one side to the other, in your perception, while only actually traveling a reasonable distance in space?
  5. A

The Reebok bracelets?

Two points to make here. Bullets that are left in people are generally not in their digestive systems. Also, the presence of legitimite news reports of this instance suggest it is not an urban myth. Mots urban myths simply have absolutely no reporting beyond tabloids.
  6. A

Deaths Related To Video Games / Gamers / Gaming

I've played a lot of video games, everything from SUper Mario Brothers to GTA. Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and so on. One of my favorite pastimes in college was getting together with the other nerds in the computer lab and slaughtering each other in team Quake. Then a couple of years ago, I rented...
  7. A

Pre-Birth Communication (With Unborn Child)

Trying not to be judgmental here but that is the creepiest thing I have read on this board.
  8. A

Good or Bad?

I grew up pondering the question: What is good, what is evil? I am of the opinion that what is, is. Things are not subjective. I know I'm a minority in that belief system, but here we go. This is, I believe, the biblical view of things. But, omitting the Bible, omitting God and a superior...
  9. A

Real Jackalopes (Rabbits Infected With The Shope Papillomavirus)

Those pictures make me want to die. And yet here I go to look again.
  10. A

Man Dates Own Mother

I don't think that story rings true, the way it's written, the language. Just seems sensationalized. Tabloid yeah? The 'quotes' from the son just...nah.
  11. A

The Child Eater

I imagine it's safe to say she meant satirists because, yaknow, she actually did SPELL satirist.
  12. A

Swallowing Deadly Chewing Gum / Bubble Gum

"The bubble gum has become ONE with my ass hair now. They are no longer separate entities by any stretch of the imagination. They are joined at the cellular level. Their electrons circle each other in a spinning mass of beauty and PAIN. " That is the funniest thing I have read all year! As...
  13. A

Long gone pet

Whenever I have moved furniture in the house, or done something differently, it only takes a few days to get used to it. Now, years after my dog died, I still expect to see him lying on the porch. And I have heard him sigh too. I don't think it's anything paranormal, but I think the...
  14. A

Daytime Darkness Events (New England 'Dark Day', etc.)

Well, I know England and Florida are a bit of a distance, but hereabouts, we get odd weather phenomena all the time. The sky will grow hideously dark, or everything turns a yellowish sickly colour. Sometimes no rain accompanies, just a high wind. And even here wherre I have seen it throughout my...
  15. A

Slap Happy

Hey, Melon, that is a very compelling account. Mingling the physically inexplicable with things that are perfectly possible but just plain odd-- I mean that's really one of the more ineresting things I have heard here. the fact that it isn't wildly implausible just makes it all the more...
  16. A

Humans can lick too

I've heard this UL before, many times, but in a different variation. The one I heard, it was a college girl or something. The basic details are the same, however. Mutilated dog, humans can lick too.
  17. A

Rabbit Monster

A bit off topic. Hate to tell you folks this, but the Christians didn't invent the concept of infusing old religions with new religions and mixing it all up. That's been going on since centuries before Christ. What's more, Christianity wasn't always 'forced' on the people. It was often embraced...
  18. A

Strange Photo

He's wearing glasses. Those aren't erasure marks, it's a glare and I don't, frankly, see anything weird about the picture at all. No mask, nothing. There is a glare off his glasses as the left lens catches the light. The equipment that took this picture is obviously not high tech. It may have...
  19. A

This Monkeys Gone To Heaven

There's nothing really astounding about this. Surprising, remarkable-- yes. Astounding? no. Monkeys are mimics. heck, most animals are mimics of their own species. Point being this little furry probably saw this ritual hundreds of times and thinks it's just something he's supposed to do.
  20. A

Sneaker Software

Here's a thought. It was just a dream.
  21. A

The 13th Floor

In France, and, I dare say, other parts of the world, the first floor is not the first floor, but the bottom floor. The second floor is the first floor, and so on. A reason housing authorities may skip the number 13 as a house number, or otherwise, may not have so much to do with THEIR...
  22. A

Komodo Dragons Eating People?

Oi Komodo dragons actually are quite dangerous-- but humans can coexist with them just like they can coexist with ANYTHING else on earth. And if there were still dinosaurs, we would be coexisting with them too. Just like lions and deer share the veldt, and sharks and little fishies. So it is...
  23. A

Encounter At The Graveyard

I am so freaking sleepy right now. First, I applaud you on not jumping to conclusions. A ghost, a demon, bangers and mash, a friendly fuzzy magical catepillar? Assuming it is something abnormal, what is the evidence that the abnormal or paranormal is a ghost? or an alien, or anything not...
  24. A

Cannibalism can be detected?

Whoa.... How did I miss THAT episode? Since I posted, I learned that the Anasai tribe out West is debated to have been cannibalistic because of evidence found at one site-- in part due to human excrement containing evidence that whoever poo'ed there had indeed had a meal of someone. I may have...
  25. A

Red headed visitor in the night

I wonder if sleep paralysis is the result of psychological damage done to children when they were tucked in too tightly. Parents beware!! :glum:
  26. A

Not Very Secret Society

The leader says you must join our organization and learn our ways so that you, too, may become a free-thinker!! :rofl:
  27. A

I've only been here a short time but already I've noticed something. There are people on this board who will give you a practical, 'mainstream science' explanation for everything, and there are people who will tell you that if you stub your toe it MUST be because you've been cursed by evil...
  28. A

The BBC & Television Licensing Propaganda

I don't wanna drift off topic but... I visited those messages the above poster linked to, and all I have to say is....WOW. Okay, that's not all I have to say. You Brits are being RIPPED by your government. No wonder this is the country that spawned Big Brother. In fact, every time I hear...
  29. A

Forgotten Dangers

In the US, our local news is the worst. It teeters between "new pet clothes boutique opens in Tampa!" to "children strangled by window blinds that YOU MAY HAVE IN YOUR HOUSE!" (only a bit more vague in the teasers) BBC World and Sky come across as calm and rational in comparison. We get them on...
  30. A

The BBC & Television Licensing Propaganda

When I visited London a few years back, we were in the post office exchanging money (or something) and I noticed the TV permits. I thought that was the craziest thing I'd ever heard of. I even nabbed one for a souvenier. It also meant we didn't have a TV in our rooms, which sucked. My one...
  31. A

There are other "sleep illusions" besides paralysi There are other "sleep illusions" besides paralysis. I don't know why everyone is so quick to jump to a more extraordinary explanation when a very common occurrence explains it. Well, I assume it's because we all want something extraordinary...
  32. A

Star Jelly (Pwdre Ser)

The answer You'll be happy to know I have the answer to your mystery. It's yeti snot. :heh:
  33. A

Cannibalism can be detected?

I was reading an old thread and the topic of cannibalism came up, and I seem to remember hearing/reading somewhere that if you have ever ingested certain biological material, specifically from a human being, it can be detected via some test. In short, if you've ever eaten someone, in theory the...
  34. A

Crisps (Potato Chips & Similar Snacks)

American "chips" Wow, this thread may be the most bizarre I have read since finding this board. Steak flavoured chips? Just for the novelty, I thought I'd mention the ones we have here in the states, which we call "potato chips" of course. salt and vinegar, sour cream and green onion...
  35. A

Can anyone explain this picture?

Why would a camera capture anything special? Well, I am far less experienced in Fortean matters than the rest of you. But I think he's Obviously channeling the spirit of Lady Liberty. On a more serious note- Personally, I'm of the opinion that a camera or electronic recording device is...
  36. A

Dragons: Evidence They Existed

Biblical Dragon I apologize if this has already been mentioned. There are some theories with a biblical basis that dragons existed prior to the closing of the garden of Eden, and that the "Serpenrt" who tempted Eve was in fact one. God, of course, cursed it to slither on its belly -- the rest...
  37. A

Fundamentalist swimwear

So people who agree on certain moral standards should censor their speech on their own websites, for fear of their standards being taken as 'preaching' to people who disagree? Please. What you don't seem to understand is that your own opinions are just as much preaching-- the only difference...
  38. A

Fundamentalist swimwear

"You are highly critical of a society which makes judgements based upon physical appearance and yet you do so yourself. " A person's body, physical appearance, and how they choose to dress and act are two different things. If you don't understand that, far be it from me to attempt to explain...
  39. A

Fundamentalist swimwear

All due respect-- "Prohibitions against women wearing 'revealing' attire, even if they're based on religious grounds, tends to come from the angle that the sight of women can lead men astray. This is why women should be covered up. It's not because of any religious idealism - it stems from...
Back