• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. R

Old Lady In My Daughter

Great to know that other people have similar stories! I was wondering how much of this is past life remembrance or subliminal absorbing of events, such as tv programmes, partially overheard conversations etc. My daughter later on complained of not being able to sleep because of people talking...
  2. R

Practicing Magic - HELP ME PLEASE!

Yep. The wood is lovely, white, hard and a fine grain. :)
  3. R

Old Lady In My Daughter

When my daughter was three, she would sit at the dinner table with me, where she would pretend to eat her food. She would play the usual silly games to avoid eating what she didn't deem suitable, including crying, fiddling with something on the table, daydreaming etc, only one time she leaned...
  4. R

Practicing Magic - HELP ME PLEASE!

A holly half-staff is basically all I use as I find it easier to visualise energy coming out of that than through my finger. If you genuinely have a desire and a pull to discover a working path specifically, then the universe/god/collective unconscious etc will provide the ways and means for...
  5. R

Buffy Poisoning Young Minds!

No. People do what they feel like. They deny what they choose to, believe what they choose to and will go to the way they are already inclined. If Buffy can push someone in the direction they were meant to go, then good for Buffy. Let them be liberated if they want to be.
  6. R

The Time Cube

Ah, I gave up last night. I guess that makes me evil. I'm a bit peeved to not have the other three days to hand however, they could come in useful.
  7. R

The Time Cube

Any ideas what this is about? It repeats itself and is very long, but what is a four cornered day exactly? Timecube Me=Confused :D
  8. R

The Worst Tarot Deck In The World

And I'd find them stuck to the fridge door with shopping lists added by my wife, and wonder what milk and bread actually had to do with the understanding of the universe. I got a divination 'kit', from one of those cheap bookshops. It came with the Royal Tarot, which for some reason I can't...
  9. R

three spirits

Surely there are different types of OCD sufferers, some of whom will be unique in their beliefs. A large percentage of the population accepts everything as is, so you could well be in the minority that doesn't.
  10. R

Ever tried shuffling a pack of Post-It notes?
  11. R

SCARED POOCH

Try telling that to my dog. It took all we could do to stop him from diving off the edge of the Ullswater ferry last year and find his own way home.
  12. R

My Favorite TV Episodes; or, Seriously Overthinking things

That's the one with the pizza and the vibrating bed isn't it? It's got one of my favourite lines which goes something like: "We need to find a cemetery, preferably off the beaten path, the creepier the better."
  13. R

Now that's funny... :lol: I find them useful as you can write notes/add symbols/draw pictures on them with no qualms and expand upon the book. Always useful for the aspiring witch or magician. There's no reason why they should be so bloody expensive anyway.
  14. R

SCARED POOCH

I lived in St Albans for a while. Fishpool Street has really high kerbstones if I remember correctly and there are lots of old restored buildings. It's not particularly spooky as I recall, but it's old enough to have soaked up a bit of wierd. Ye Olde Fighting Cocks, just off Verulamium park...
  15. R

three spirits

That's true enough. I went to see a medium for a tarot reading about ten yeras ago and was resolute not to give anything away. She even managed to tell me stuff about my family, but it would have been absolutely pointless if I'd given her any clues. I got an accurate reading, most of the stuff...
  16. R

Man who lives in woods.

Hi again. He's stll there, I've decided to leave the poor bloke alone with his reading. I've said hello to him a couple of times and the dog gives him a sniff most mornings, getting a stroke in return. I think he wants his space, so I'll give him it.
  17. R

Kevin Carlyon, High Priest of White Witches

Imagine the about turn he'd do if that suddenly became the thing to do to witches.
  18. R

Witches have been known to use the moon from time to time. Some would say that's a cycle. :)
  19. R

Ageing & Growing Old

My daughter has started to ask what life was like in 'the olden days'.:( I had a growing old moment when I was thirty two, when realised that my second cousin who finishing school was exactly half my age. It was probably the defining moment when I recognised my mortality.
  20. R

Love this line: Brilliant!
  21. R

Past-Life Recall? (IHTM)

It may not be evidence of a past life, but it's possible you are going to go there and have a pleasant experience. Some people believe that time is happening all at once and it's only our perception of it that's linear, so if you go there later in your life, your memories may be flowing...
  22. R

Man who lives in woods.

That normally happens to me in pubs around here. :D
  23. R

Giant Bipedal Cats

The odd thing is that I was just stroking my pet wallaby on a dark highway, and it vanished! (That's not a euphemism for anything pervy). I like the idea of a celestial cat. Maybe it was Bastet.
  24. R

Creepy Apartment

Yep, definitely spooky. Let us know if anything else happens. Me and Mrs Razorblimp had some polty activity when we were students and it freaked us out. We ended up telling it to behave itself and treating it like it was a child, and it did up to a point.
  25. R

Man who lives in woods.

Are you suggesting I run at him, kamikaze style then divebomb the poor chap with an eclair? :lol: It could be fun, but I'll probably go for the hot chocolate/coffee on a cold day approach! I wonder how many people are permanantly living in places like woodland in Britain and America?
  26. R

Man who lives in woods.

It should be noted that I like to go tramping off through the wilder parts of the woods, away from the footpaths. I've not scrutised him up close, but he has a beard, and must be pretty hardy to get through the cold snap. He looks quite healthy, and always seems to be reading. The first time I...
  27. R

Man who lives in woods.

I'm not sure if this warrants a IHTM, but there appears to be a man who lives in the woods near to where I live in Lincolnshire. I often see him from a distance when I'm walking the dog and he's always reading a book. He has made a shelter from the roots of a tree which has fallen to its side...
  28. R

Creepy Sleepwalkers/Talkers

I used to sleepwalk until I was about seventeen. I didn't realise until my sister told me it freaked her out and I really shouldn't sleep in the nude. If I sleepwalk now my wife is very quiet and understanding about it.
  29. R

Recurring Sensation Of Presence Over Left Shoulder

I have the sensation of someone looking through my eyes from time to time. I don't actually believe it's malevolent, but I did for a while. I kind of believe it's someone checking up on me to make sure I'm not getting into too much mischief. Have you thought about asking it what it wants? You...
  30. R

Intuitive Knowledge

I used to be a sceptic about this, as I meditate mostly to relax, spent a long time not noticing anything to write home about, and never really beleived anyone who said they had visions. In the last few months however, I've really had the feeling that I'm being guided, which is the only way I...
  31. R

The Language Of The Birds

This is really interesting. I've heard it mentioned several times over the past few weeks, but only had a vague idea of what it was. It was mentioned that some French cathedrals had inscriptions on them. Would there be anything similar in England?
  32. R

Moments of great clarity

I'm pretty sure that's 'The Occult'. He also waxes about future people being able to see more colours if I remember correctly, but I could be wrong. I like the idea of being able to have clarity permanently. We spend far too much time wondering where we put our keys instead.
  33. R

I met a spirit- Dream or reality?

Hi! This is an area I am becoming increasingly interested in, and it's nice to hear of such a positive encounter. Keep us posted if anything else happens!
  34. R

Singing Bowl Therapy

And maybe we could have tea with them afterward. :D TBH, I believe that the initial pre-banishing is more to clear the air for myself rather than effectively quell a spirit. It's the protective circle or the banishing that's important, as that's where the ritual really begins, so the swearing is...
  35. R

Singing Bowl Therapy

Thanks Ringo. As long as I do the banishings I should be okay, but everything seems to be normal at the moment. I knew something was going to happen beforehand due to my obsessive tarot card reading, so I was prepared for it. It's all happened when I've had a moment of clarity, and I get the...
  36. R

Singing Bowl Therapy

Hiya. Not been here for a while, but I had an oddity happen recently that I thought I'd share. I've had a couple of sessions with a friend with Tibetan Singing bowls to help with my meditation. The whole thing is a bizarre experience anyway, as some of the sounds made from the bowls make your...
  37. R

Seeing double

I'm with Tiger Lily on this one, but there's another Norwegian version of a Doppelganger where the 'ganger will appear as a precursor to the arrival of the real person minutes later. They are usually silent and expressionless. Could be a version of the Vardoger, but I'm sure it has another name...
  38. R

Moving Comic Book

Weird Huh? :laughing:
  39. R

Moving Comic Book

Ah ha! I can understand no-one replying actually, I've had something happen I can't explain myself and it actually feels quite mundane, but this is one of the best replies I've read on here for ages!
  40. R

Moving Comic Book

I'm not really in the habit of doing things like that though, and it would have meant climbing down from the top bunk, picking the book up and placing it on the bed!
  41. R

"Mysterious" Infrastructure Objects

There used to be a large one in Skelmersdale, where I grew up. Apparently it was the entrance to an army supply dump that was closed sometime in the fifties and could be seen from the main road going past, but not many people actually noticed it. There was rumours that there were still...
  42. R

Moving Comic Book

Fantastic! 34 Views and not a single reply!
  43. R

Moving Comic Book

Not the most exciting story, but this happened on monday, I'd be interested in what people think. I went to stay with a friend in Manchester., and after a long day of driving, partying and gigging, I had to go to bed. I usually spend the night tossing and turning unless I read, so I read a...
  44. R

spirit manifestation (bodyheat aura)

Probably, but the scientific part of them would take over and by the time the machine that goes 'bing' has been requisitioned from pediatrics the phenomena has disappeared forever.
  45. R

Scaredy-dog

I had a friend who had a saluki. It looked like a Jim Henson creation and used to tease the cats and older dogs by running around like an idiot. Its owner had a reasonable amount of control over it as long as it wasn't too far away. It was brilliant.
  46. R

Astral connection-

That can't be proven either. There's a possibility that it all relates to the same thing. Personally I go for a variant on Carl Jung's collective unconcious and As Above, So Below would be applicable.
  47. R

Scaredy-dog

We've got a dog and a cat, both rescues and completely potty in different ways.
  48. R

A Bizarre & Nasty Haunting

I don't believe in 'ghosts' as spirits of the dead either, but it's possible a Tulpas/Tulku/Egregore/Phantasm (delete or change as applicable) was created unknowingly, and it can amount to pretty much the same thing as what people traditionally believe as ghosts or poltergeists.
  49. R

Scaredy-dog

Collies' herding instinct often make them growl and nip at your feet if you are standing in a manner which they don't feel as uniform. They are just trying to get you to move in the direction they feel you should go to look as organised as possible. Just a thought. As a possible answer to the...
  50. R

Scaredy-dog

Not a collie is she?
Back