• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. M

Ghostly Angel Of The Vatican

Two explanations from what I can see. First one being that the body of the 'angel' continues behind the pillar and the head is a seperate reflection, lining up because of the position of the camera. Second being that the reflection is bent around the pillar so the head is a continuation of the...
  2. M

Daylight Apparitions

Only ghost I've ever seen was in broad daylight. It was really bright, sunlight streaming in through every window and just a very nice Saturday morning. Have been on a few vigils at various places in the dark and never seen anything. So as far as I'm concerned, all power to the daylight ghosts!
  3. M

Most Haunted: Poo Or Boo?

haha, good question! They don't even seem to be trying anymore, I almost feel like jumping the fence and having a go myself. Wait at the bus stop just outside it and trying to think of the last time I actually saw any sign of progress. Nope. :D Last nights Most Haunted 'Almost Live' on FTN...
  4. M

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

yep - will take the dog that way this afternoon armed with a digi cam. The time thing's probably just me though, being half asleep. My life isn't half stressful enough to blame that! After leaving uni it's quite the opposite! :lol: So going mad is probably more likely. Ooh good. :D
  5. M

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

A few from the last couple of months - this morning I woke up, checked the clock and saw it was 7:30. I thought "sh*t!", knowing I needed to be out of the house within 10 mins. Rushed to the bathroom, had a shower, got dressed at 500mph. When I was brushing my teeth I glanced at the clock -...
  6. M

Was it Castle Leslie where they picked up what could have been interpreted as a cloaked figure roaming the grounds? Was filmed through the window. That was almost interesting. And yet it hardly got a mention! Also remember one earlier ep where they were in some concert hall/theatre and (out...
  7. M

yeah, Derek got removed in disgrace - they've got to series 6 on FTN now, mysteriously not showing the Bodmin gaol/Kreed Kafer ep and it's very noticeable at this stage that poor old Degsy's being very much sidelined for David "I can't get anything yet, I'll keep trying" Wells. My heart bleeds...
  8. M

Ghost on Japanese documentary?

It's definately interesting. First time through I was staring at the mirror images as this kid faffs around waiting for something to leap out of the mirror screaming 'BOO, I'M A GHOST!' - too tired to do subtlety tonight. :D So as a result when it gets to the slo-mo close up where it spells...
  9. M

THE THING !! Check out this video !

It's not an animate creature. There's no limb movement at all, whatever it was, if it was some kind of animal running at that speed, you'd be able to see some movement, something to show it was propelling itself. It's completely static, there's no movement at all, it just 'glides' through the...
  10. M

The worlds scariest ghosts

I remember seeing this when it was aired on (I think) channel 5 a couple of years ago. The only one that really made me think 'wooh' was this rock video figure and I gotta admit, seeing it on TV left me in no doubt that it was either an apparition or a real person. Looking at it on the computer...
  11. M

Top Ten Ghost Pictures - Breakout

the more I look at the pic, the creepier I find it. I'd noticed the guy behind her first, then the face in the trees, then today I look at this thread, glance at the pic and suddenly I can see a smaller cloaked figure at ground level to the lower left of the face. bigger and a...
  12. M

Phantom horse attacks

Yesterday evening I was walking the dog in the dark over a field next to a wood. At one stage I disinctly heard what sounded like a horse galloping very fast and snorting very loudly. It was extremely close and seemed to be circling me, so I put the dog on the lead. Was quite worried because it...
  13. M

Edinburgh Vaults

I was there last weekend. My parents had previously been on a Mercat tour and my dad sent me some interesting pics appearing to show orbs (well, or dust!). So mewe went last weekend, horrible night - torrential rain so we were standing round outside the meeting point wondering whether to forget...
  14. M

What colour are ghosts?

the ghost I saw looked fully human. Nothing to set any alarm bells off at all until we realised he'd walked through a doorway that had been boarded up years ago and was now a solid wall. I don't exactly remember the colours, but I'm pretty sure the flesh was the same colour as mine and his shirt...
  15. M

People You Thought Were Dead

A few weeks ago I stumbled on a pic in the newspaper of Desert Orchid rolling around playing in his paddock with a short story about him enjoying his retirement. I was stunned, was so certain he'd been dead for years but at the same time felt all warm inside seeing the pic and knowing he was...
  16. M

Top Ten Ghost Pictures - Breakout

when I first looked at the pic I couldn't see anything, was all set to type as much in this post but then I looked back and suddenly it's there, clear as anything, a face over the red car and what looks like a black hood or cloak. As much as I'm tempted to dismiss it as a trick caused by the...
  17. M

ghost on the stairs

that's so clearly a bug, probably a spider, that I'm astounded it got on the news or created any kind of stir. It's just so damn obvious, the most frightening thing is that some people might have thought there was something in it. :? :shock:
  18. M

Silver Belle

I remember seeing these in a book when I was a kid. It was called 'photographs of the unexplained', I flicked through most of it then found these and for some reason found the pictures unbelievably creepy. In fact they were probably the ghost pictures that unsettled me most as a kid. What...
  19. M

Alien Big Dog? Or what?

so am I!! I'm not that far away either :D It's such a creepy looking creature. I can imagine standing on some bleak moor and seeing that emerge out of the mist, I know it's probably only an escaped wolf from a private owner or a zoo but the thought of that roaming round on the moors is quite...
  20. M

Newly-Built Haunted Houses?

Near where I used to live is a modern house that was built on the site of an old pathway. The haunting there was a grey lady who was still walking the path and as a result she was seen walking into the garage and then out of the garage, through each wall. It became quite a famous one locally and...
  21. M

Ghosts & Cameras

thanks for the replies. To be honest I haven't given the really bright left/right/central lights a second thought, I assumed they were just lights that were there normally. What caught my eye were the dimmer objects in the botton third of the picture. the one at the top caught my eye...
  22. M

Ghosts & Cameras

OK, I'm probably straying slighty OT here and apologise, but I felt this was the best place to post instead of making a new thread. My parents today returned from a few days in Edinburgh, and my dad emailed me to say that they'd gone on one of the ghost walks through the underground vaults...
  23. M

The Newby Church Ghost Photograph (AKA: *That* Ghost Photo)

Going back to the Newby pic, can I be really honest and say it never really scared me? I've had an interest in the paranormal since I was knee high to a grasshopper but I always found the Newby pic a bit.....unremarkable. Scary face on a cloaked transparent figure standing in a church. So...
  24. M

'seeing' thoughts

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm having a look through some of those links now. The thing that stood out for me was the link to sleep paralysis, because I've had that quite regularly in the past - but never hallucinated. My experience of SP is purely feeling pinned to the spot and waiting for it...
  25. M

'seeing' thoughts

This is probably going to sound quite strange, but it's started to bug me. Sometimes I'm laying in bed, eyes closed but still not asleep. Trying to nod off, thinking about things, the normal. If you actually concentrate on what you're 'seeing' with your eyes closed there are any number of...
  26. M

Classic Archive Merged: Sleep Paralysis?

personally I'd say that's wishful thinking - feeling a presence, hearing strange noises, hallucinating.....as far as I'm concerned it's just part of sleep paralysis and there's absolutely nothing supernatural involved. That's my view. Probably posted before, but I used to get sleep paralysis...
  27. M

Floating Downstairs / Floating Down Stairs

Interesting to see that though a lot of people remember floating down the stairs, most remember them as dreams and only a few of us (me included) are totally convinced that it wasn't a dream at all but very real. I'll admit because it's such a long time ago it could have been a dream, but...
  28. M

Will Storr Vs The Supernatural

Haunted Homes was mentioned in the book by Dave Vee, but if I'm remembering right at the time the book was written he was still expecting to 'star' in the full series so there's nothing particularly juicy in there. Storr's not entirely complimentary - at one stage he and another member...
  29. M

Haunted homes

It's just a personal opinion, I think it's really, really deeply crap. I don't like MH either. I think both shows are aimed at people who I'd diplomatically say are a bit suggestable - in MH's case buying all of Mr Acorah's theatrics and getting swept up in Yvette Fielding's scripted...
  30. M

Haunted homes

it's pathetic, a complete waste of time. I've never seen a less interesting 'ghost programme'. It's just non-stop tedium, the medium's less convincing than Mr Acorah and nothing ever happens. Too pathetic for words, miserable specimin of a TV show.
  31. M

Will Storr Vs The Supernatural

I'm reading this at the moment, it's a brilliant book, I find it really hard to break myself away from it and that's coming from someone who only reads Autosport and FourFourTwo out of choice! Really, really good.
  32. M

Derek Acorah's Ghost Town Live

it made MH look good. Sorry Deggsy but even Michael Duberry couldn't match this spectacular own goal.
  33. M

Big Cat

It's not like seeing anything paranormal, you're looking at a living, breathing animal and there's no doubt. I saw mine a couple of years ago up in Northumberland - I was walking the dog through the countryside in quite a remote area and was walking along the top of a hill when I noticed...
  34. M

Dreams That Have Come True

so have I actually, and usually they're considerably more exciting than the real thing! During the Chinese GP last weekend, and I think for the first time ever, I nodded off mid-race. I dreamt that there were two track invaders in lilac raincoats running hand in hand down the start-finish...
  35. M

Floating Downstairs / Floating Down Stairs

Unbelievable. I've read through this thread and it's just brought everything back. When I was small I used to do this all the time. And I'm sure not only at night, something had to be 'right' but I remember just gently going down, watching every step under my feet, this kind of rushing...
  36. M

Tall, Dark and Evil - Sightings Wanted?

Amen to that! Thanks guys for drawing my attention to it - excellent book. :D
  37. M

Tall, Dark and Evil - Sightings Wanted?

just ordered the book (Ghosts over Britain) for 4p on Amazon. :D
  38. M

psychic pspider

I'm an arachnaphobe too, and have often found that if I go looking for a spider, it's there. Like I'll walk into my bedroom and something will make me do a quick ceiling-scan for a spider - and invariably there is one. But nine times out of ten I don't give it a thought, it's just the times I...
  39. M

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Karl and Stuart up in the clock tower was interesting. At one stage it looked like Karl was going to batter him after he got 'shoved' by [a spirit acting through - yeah right] Stuart. What freaked me out was on one of the webcams, some strange noises during one of the seances. That was it...
  40. M

This is weird. For the first time since I started watching MH some things have freaked me out. :shock:
  41. M

FT 200

I thought that pic was quite convincing, goes to show how dumb I am I guess! :lol: Don't like the BBCS at all, no substance to it. I'm crying out for a good, believable website chronicaling sightings and doing proper investigations but have yet to find one. It's a subject that deserves a...
  42. M

I'll be watching the final night on FTN, but for now that's all I can do. Should be interesting, I don't take MH seriously but they're in what are apparantly genuine haunted locations so it's still worth a look I think. Hopefully the webcams will be up and running soonish, I wanted to check...
  43. M

thanks for that. I'll watch, not because I take it seriously but as usual just on the offchance that something happens. :D
  44. M

hmm. Anyone know if it's being shown on FTN or was the last a one-off? I watch MH occasionally, I don't take it seriously but found the summer solstic MH Live quite interesting.
  45. M

You know before I saw the live show the other day, I had real hopes MH was genuine. Seeing the hours long edited shows on FTN, there was enough to hold my interest even allowing for the sillier bits like Derek getting possessed, etc. Good viewing. Now, having watched the Summer Solstice show...
  46. M

so Derek got dragged by his arms, and yet when they replayed the thing you could clearly see Derek's arms flailing around by his side as he went through the doorway.....hmmm. Got pretty interesting in the last hour but not convinced. Everything interesting that happens is either off camera...
  47. M

this is being broadcast live on Freeview as well as Living TV for the first time tonight, should be interesting....I know it's all a bit dubious but I've loved getting up to speed with the series on FTN and am glad the full service is moving over too. Dunno what to expect - but will be watching.
Back