• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. R

The Ship

:wink: A rear-view mirror in a spaceship that travels at near-light-speed? DieDieMyDarling wrote What an absolute corker.I nearly choked to death when I read that.
  2. R

Asteroid Near-Misses (AKA: Holy Shit! We're All Going to Die)

:shock: Whut? That was Tesla,playing silly buggers,wasn't it?
  3. R

Alien Abductions: Your Personal Experiences (IHTM)

:shock: Dear OTR, I insist you stop inventerising your own words! You have me at an advantage.I have no idea what this could mean. I quite agree.Until the unknown and yet to be established laws are known, speculation and guessery will abound.
  4. R

Alien Abductions: Reports, Theories & Stories (Not IHTM)

:? What if(this is a purely rhetorical question) It was made known by medical authorities that a condition exists- SP. That it was fairly common. That one would almost certainly seem to experience an alien abduction-and that this condition is as common as a cold-Would it still be reported or...
  5. R

Alien Abductions: Your Personal Experiences (IHTM)

Yetifeet1975 wrote: Strange chap.I spent thirteen years in the Army and you couldn't get me up with an ice-axe and an airhorn.(I'll have to edit this to find out the quotee's name)
  6. R

The Ship

:oops: I've no idea. I just read all the words in sequence and hope that one day,it'll make sense.
  7. R

The Ship

:D Of course I wouldn't understand it.It's quantum,innit? (Seriously,I do read a lot about QM,probability fields collapsing,states of being and not being,particle spins and whatnot-I have a book-yes-"Quantentheorie"written by Claus Kiefer,that tells me lots,but at the same time,unclarifies...
  8. R

The Ship

:roll: This cat-in-a-box thing,right,doesn't it call for a quantum vacuum to be in the box?i.e.zero degrees kelvin,absolute vacuum and no radiation whatsoever? So what IS the point of the question? "Is the frozen exploded moggy dead then?" Physicists,I really do have better things...
  9. R

What Is 'Human'?

:( It won't stop them being shot,smoked and eaten.
  10. R

The Ship

:) 'ello everyone. I've been offline for,like,AGES now and it appears that H_84 has un-educated himself again.What's happened to his masterful command of the English language he was demonstrating a while back? And(I know,sentences don't start with "and")why is misterwibble welding big...
  11. R

What Is 'Human'?

I have an inane question to ask. I have heard a FOAFtale that DS peeps are extremely strong.Is this true?
  12. R

Watch out Westies! -Big cat thriving in Sydney

You aren't suggesting I change the English language EVERYWHERE just so you can have rabbitous rather than venomous,are you? These Antipodeans.Just got no idea about anything.
  13. R

Skippy the flesh-eating kangaroo of ancient times

:shock: Until one is stood behind you. Did Dr.Hand mention if they were venomous?
  14. R

Oh, The Irony

:( Sorry,this is OT but Escargot......."Weeping, I saw him then depart from me"? oh..... Or is it the Hannibal thing?
  15. R

:) You got it,Anome! Because it's Australia,it's probably venomous,too.
  16. R

:D Since it's in Australia-really,really one of my favourite subjects-If you haven't noticed yet(canyoutellwhatitis,yit?)I think I know what it is. It's a pantherus hexapodus noctiluminus.Obviously. I wouldn't spoil my own pleasure by telling you it in English. :wink:
  17. R

Mothball Sniffing: Oh God...

:shock: Why thankyou JamesW. "A day in which you learn something new is a day that isn't wasted!" Tell me what it means.
  18. R

Oh, The Irony

:? It's very sad that this has happened to him,but he smoked over 120 000 cancer sticks himself-he was already way over the self-injury horizon before he stopped.
  19. R

Skippy the flesh-eating kangaroo of ancient times

Australia;Mad now,mad then. Whilst surfing,I picked this little gem out,but I'm not sure if it belongs here:
  20. R

Proactive Human Population Reduction

:shock: What?The entire population of the earth can fit in Texas with room to spare?Blimey....... See,I think the problem is not over-population but under-providing. It smacks a little of communism,but if outrageously rich companies(or indeed,individuals and or countries)gave something to...
  21. R

SETI (Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence): Compendium / Miscellaneous

The NRO's website banner says"Freedoms sentinel in space" Right. Keeping us in or keeping them out?
  22. R

The Ship

Magnetic Pole Reversal is,yes,harmless-This,though,isn't:
  23. R

Are Ghosts Insane?

As do I....... However,I would never say that;because I have no experience of ghosts that they DEFINITELY do not exist. As for orbs....I mean really...there has to be a reason why you see 'em ONLY in pictures where the flash was used....
  24. R

Are Ghosts Insane?

:shock: Do ghosts believe in humans? I'll.....er...get me coat.
  25. R

Body Oddities: Polymelia (Extra Limbs / Arms / Legs)

I've seen a picture of the kid in the German "Bild" paper and he looks happy.They could at least wait until he is old enough and ask him.....
  26. R

Are Ghosts Insane?

:? With equal validity,those who claim they don't are also insane. Or are you omniscient?
  27. R

FT At Work—Yes Or No?

:twisted: Or nail him to a door and tell him about Pope Julius the Third. That'll surprise him.
  28. R

How many issues do you read a year?

I used to be a subscriber,but since I became an ex-pat I can no longer afford it or be arsed to try subscribing. I'd rather buy a bmx mag anyway....
  29. R

They Fuck You Up, Your Mum & Dad

I wish someone would put him in the ring with me-I get first goes on the surprisingly heavy gloves..... People who harm babies make me very,very :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  30. R

Strange Things As Food & Drink

"in Britain and the United States of America, cannibalism is not considered to be a felony" Just socially unacceptable. ooooooooookayyyy.............
  31. R

May 25th Asteroid

What if the comet/meteorite/marshmallow object possibly heading towards us is the result of aliens acting like humans? "I wonder what will happen if I give this a colossal prod with my ship?" "oh....." *sneaks off,guiltily looking over shoulder*
  32. R

May 25th Asteroid

If you have a bathtub the size of the caribbean,then yes. There's a slightly higher probability of the earth being destroyed.
  33. R

Our Earliest Ancestor

:shock:(nicked from wikipedia) Sexual intercourse plays a major role in Bonobo society, being used as a greeting, a means of conflict resolution and post-conflict reconciliation, and as favors traded by the females in exchange for food. Bonobos are the only non-human apes to have been observed...
  34. R

May 25th Asteroid

:( From all the "End is nigh.....again" tomfoolery,one of them has to be right eventually........don't they? How much are them dolphin saddles,Duck?
  35. R

The Ship

Okay,I've taken the wee-wee long enough.Check the link out for faster-than-light travel(Not impossible!Just very difficult!) http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/R ... FTL.html#8
  36. R

The Constantly Updated Catalogue Of Entrances To Hell

:D If I had a cricket bat,two of those 6-cell Maglites and Jet Li and Jackie Chan were covering my back,then,yes I might go in there. I'm a lean,fightin' 200lb monster but I am SH1T scared of the dark.
  37. R

The Constantly Updated Catalogue Of Entrances To Hell

:D Creaky door,inexplicabobbly cold wind,evil hissy voice saying "GET OUT",what does Duck do? "Oh,that looks interesting,think I'll 'ave a mooch around" No thanks,mate. Give curiosity a good smacking and walk away.
  38. R

Predictions for 2006

Iran is going to be nailed by a HUGE earthquake. Betcha.
  39. R

Asteroid Near-Misses (AKA: Holy Shit! We're All Going to Die)

Looks like human_84 hasn't got long to finish his balsa-wood spaceship,then. As an aside,the german "Bild" newspaper reported on this but stated that the speed would be 40 METRES a second. Get the cricket bats out.
  40. R

Red Mercury

:? If it worked as a link: http://chemistry.about.com/cs/chemicalw ... ercury.htm Could be real,might not be.........
  41. R

Curious Phobias & Irrational Fears

:splat: Balloons.Near my ears. Those tin-foil helium thingies don't bother me in the slightest,but put an inflated rubber balloon near my ear and I'll get suddenly violent. Naturally,as soon as my children found out about it,they never ceased trying it...
  42. R

The Ship

:oops: Dangnammit! I invented the term,regardless as to whether someone else got there first. So blimmin' there.
  43. R

The Ship

:shock: We'll know soon enough,will we? Press your "Gravity Bomb" ignition switch and a yoctosecond later the world turns into a lentil.....that IS quite soon...... (I'd just like to point out the*ahem*rather clever use of the word"yoctosecond"there,ladies and...
  44. R

Are Ghosts Insane?

You scare me,Duck.
  45. R

Lost Paths & Roads

A less urban take... Where I grew up,in lovely Thornaby(England)There was a chunk(a few hundred feet)of Roman road,out in the woods-it's probably developed by now-but it had this feeling-nothing esoteric-this strange sense of once having been something important,but now left far behind...
  46. R

Ghosthunt

Hi,Ringo! I have a suspicion about "orbs" but I'm not sure I should voice it as I know(on other forums)people who quite earnestly believe they are a sign of the paranormal..... (It's to do with IR light) Just wondering......
  47. R

Rose Petals

:shock: Ey,Gadaffi Duck! "have only had two 'black out' events due to booze in my entire life" Not trying hard enough? Sorry,it isn't big or clever...... (Did I ever tell you about when I woz in Limassol,right,and yeh,Crazy Parrot it woz ,right,brandy sours an all that......) I've...
  48. R

Accurate inaccurate accuracy

:) Hey,I can put a name to this... "!akeruE"syndrome. or how's this..... Untuition! sorry.
  49. R

The Ship

Hi again,H_84,and thankyou for the answers to my previous post. I have one more question- If your contact aliens are,as you say,blunt-could it be that they are,as I think,bastards?You could be unwittingly building a machine capable of creating an uncontrolled point singularity,and not a...
  50. R

The Ship

First of all,H_84,I wish you and your colleagues the best of luck in your venture. -Could you please ask the aliens if a gravity attractor drive system is achievable?(If the answer is no,I've wasted a great deal of valuable finkin' time) -I assume from your posts that you are aware of the...
Back