• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. bosskR

Time Or Dimensional Slips

They did it on BBC’s “Dracula” just now!
  2. bosskR

Creepy Story At A Pond!

Ha ha I freaked out once when I heard violin music when I was hiking pretty deep in the woods. What if it was Näcken? I just had to find out — at the same time I realized this meant I was unable to walk away, just like in the old tales :p But when I found the source it was just some folk...
  3. bosskR

Ayla Kirstine: The Horse Lady

This is a thing though. There was a teenager in Sweden doing it on Instagram for a bit anout two years ago. Sadly she seems to have grown out of it :/
  4. bosskR

The Graffiti & Street Art Thread

Graffiti is made by aliens, just like crop circles, because we never see people writing it!
  5. bosskR

Funny And/Or Weird Happenings Whilst Drunk (Stoned; Tripping; Etc.)

I had way too much to drink at a party but still rode my bicycle home. First I tore my shirt off and threw it in the river. Then I got on the bike, stopped at a gas station to buy a bottle of water, but I couldn’t find my wallet because I was so drunk, so I told the staff “I’M SHOPLIFTING THIS”...
  6. bosskR

Panic: A Genuine Example In The Old Sense Of The Word?

Wow!! I love these stories ... so many scary details. Even ”where the big rocks are” creeps me out.
  7. bosskR

A Weird Test In School (UK, 1981)

Oooh, I just have to share the playground panic that I experienced as a kid of seven or eight. In my school, there were stories of two ghosts or mysterious beings, known as the White Lady and the Black Lady. They would sneak up on you when you were undressed, like after gym class, if you...
  8. bosskR

The Place with no History

I don’t.
  9. bosskR

The Hexham Heads

I just read Paul Screeton’s ”Quest for the Hexham Heads”, and while I suppose I do recommend it, don’t get your expectations up too much! Less than half of the book is about the heads directly, the rest is about ”putting them in context” i.e. various stories about Celts, werewolves, other heads...
  10. bosskR

The Ventriloquist's Dummy & His Bottle Of Milk

Well, at least it’s your mother! You can take some comfort in the fact that your brain is at least in part a product of her genetic code, and may simply be coming up with the same thing when dreaming! :D
  11. bosskR

Does Lightning Really Make You See-Through?

In cartoons, when someone runs off a cliff, they almost always spend a second or two hovering in mid-air before they fall down! This must be based on something! Either that, or I’m really dumb.
  12. bosskR

Green & Blue

Hmm! I don’t like to wear green or blue: as I see it, there’s quite enough of those colours already occurring naturally (sky, greenery) without me adding any more of them.
  13. bosskR

Seasonal Affective Disorder

I feel better this year than usual, maybe because I’m taking high doses of vitamin D
  14. bosskR

Dreaming In Ultraviolet / Black Light Motif

Awesome, it should be relatively easy for you to tell (in the dream) that you’re dreaming, then, if you want to try getting into lucid dreaming!
  15. bosskR

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

The Swedish case on there was probably a hoax. I’m Swedish and it’s been discussed quite a bit here as domestic cases go. One of the guys ”came clean” (much later), the other did not. Anyway, together they had some Adamski-style contacts after that one which I think no one puts any stock in.
  16. bosskR

Counterintuitive Things

I sweat way too much in hot climates, and that has me constantly drinking water lest I be dehydrated. But this summer an African guy told me I sweat so much because I drink so much water.
  17. bosskR

Superheroes: Has Anybody Tried It For Real?

That’s the worst ... taste I’ve seen in a long time.
  18. bosskR

Noah's Ark: The Vessel (Feasibility; Resting Place; Remains)

The #1 obstacle to the verification process is that the Chinese are still keeping the alleged location secret.
  19. bosskR

Our brains are able to tell time very exactly, or rather our subconscious minds. If we try to consciously guess what time it is we can’t do it – but if I really have to get up early for something very important, and set the alarm at 06:00, then I will wake up a couple of minutes before the alarm...
  20. bosskR

Creepy Insect Fairy Video

This video IS creepy. Every time I watch it and the thing comes into view, it really does look at first like a dragonfly or two, and I tell myself that THIS viewing will be the one where I FINALLY will see that it is indeed a pair of dragonflies, so I’ll be able to sleep at night. Then the...
  21. bosskR

Classic Archive Merged: Pani(ic) In The Woods

I’ve gotten this buzzing as part of sleep paralysis.
  22. bosskR

Forgotten History

That would be my guess definitely
  23. bosskR

M6 Paranormal Crash

I read a bit about this in 2010. It’s bollocks, and reads like a poor attempt at ”viral marketing”. This guy ”Mark Collins” says he has ”investigated” the crash (in vague blog posts like this one) so much but he never even specifies when the crash took place – a date – i.e. it’s all made up...
  24. bosskR

Is It A Boy Or A Girl?

OK, here is my explanation, which I hope shall be to your satisfaction. I read about them in news the other day because the women’s world cup is about to begin in Germany, and they’ve been taken off the team. This was the first I heard about these players. For my posting, I googled for a...
  25. bosskR

Is It A Boy Or A Girl?

Now it has happened again! ”Do men play for Guinea’s women team? This matter will be debated for as long as women football is played in Africa” writes this Nigerian football blog. Two sisters/brothers, Salimata and Bilguisa Simpore, are under fire for dubious or hard-to-classify gender...
  26. bosskR

seeing faces in the most strange places

He looks great! When I was a kid, I was fascinated that all these Star Wars people had an ® or a ™ symbol appended to their names on the back of the card. I didn’t know what that meant, it was like some kind of code. Bossk had an ® on the back of the card: 77. Bossk ® (Bounty Hunter). That’s...
  27. bosskR

Pembroke Castle

I agree, I get this too and it might as well be my local underground station as a spooky castle.
  28. bosskR

seeing faces in the most strange places

Embrace it: http://icanhascheezburger.com/tag/happy-chair-is-happy/
  29. bosskR

Something with the milk....

No, one of the big problems with unhealthy food is that people do love it ... that’s why we eat it so much.
  30. bosskR

The Voynich Manuscript

What I mean is: dating the vellum will not date the manuscript in the minds of all ”researchers”. If the vellum is dated to the 1400s and some crank is sure the document was written by John Dee, well, then the researcher will simply say that John Dee found some vellum that was already 200 years...
  31. bosskR

Panic: A Genuine Example In The Old Sense Of The Word?

Where is that pond? It would be interesting to know!
  32. bosskR

Time Travel On TV

Now this didn’t happen to me, but I read it on another forum and thought I’d show it here: I know, of course it was a joke, and it sounds pretty funny. But I love the fact that this was scary to him, and that it still is!
  33. bosskR

The Voynich Manuscript

What a naive reporter. I’m sure people in the field will be happy to posit it was written on centuries-old vellum, if that fits their particular theory. :)
  34. bosskR

Extensive / Focused Consumption Of A Particular Food Item

Lest we forget: ”playwright and humorist” Paul Rudnick of New York City claims to live only on candy: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/28/dining/28Rudn.html The truth seems a little less Willy Wonka:
  35. bosskR

Secret Doors And Off-Limit Government Areas (UK)

Thanks, this is terrific!!
  36. bosskR

That Seventies Man..

Someone saw a man in 30 year old clothes and wrote to Fortean Times about it? Or is there more to this story?
  37. bosskR

Denisovans (Prehistoric Human Group)

This is probably the best/most readable info on the net about these people: http://johnhawks.net/weblog/reviews/nea ... -2010.html Interesting as hell that they interbred with Melanesians.
  38. bosskR

Is The Moon An Artificial Structure? Claims & Theories

This isn’t at all true either, is it? A friend of mine owns and believes in this book, by the way, along with gems of wisdom such as "Gizah Power Plant".
  39. bosskR

Alien Writing?

Tolkien’s Cirth was based on runes (well, they are runes), whereas Tengwar was created ”from nowhere”. Of course it was not supposed to look completely outlandish, in fact it looks pretty Indo-European, but it’s not based on any particular writing. Feels a little geeky to correct this, but...
  40. bosskR

Any ideas?

I am nowhere near fluent in Japanese but I have friends in Japan and I go there every year, so I understand a little
  41. bosskR

Any ideas?

My Japanese is pretty rusty but I think in the video description on Youtube, they are calling it a rock that looks like a frog, with two sea sponges for eyes. So they’re not selling it as a real monster. Pasting Japanese text into this forum doesn’t work for me. But still, it says ... "At...
  42. bosskR

Mallory: First To Conquer Everest?

Look at the part where they’ve put the ladder ... the rock face is very concave.
  43. bosskR

SEA GREEN LADY

Let’s re-post it! SEA GREEN LADY tcb/cab When I was a little girl I stayed with my gandmother in Missouri. She lived in a old farm house, it had many fire places, and I was playing with my dolls. I was playing near the fireplace. I looked up at the mirror in front of me, in the reflection...
  44. bosskR

People With Violet Eyes

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
  45. bosskR

The Most Frightening Or Unnerving Song

But it’s impossible to beat sheer noise for aggressiveness
  46. bosskR

The Erosion of Christianity in Britain

DON’T YOU REALIZE JESUS DIED FOR OUR RIGHT TO DISREGARD EVERYTHING HE SAID!?
  47. bosskR

Mallory: First To Conquer Everest?

Like a lot of people I love the idea that Mallory–Irvine made it to the summit, though I don’t think it’s likely. They would have had to do some difficult climbing up there, at extreme altitude, that 99% of climbers don’t do today since there are fixed ropes and ladders they can use. Few have...
  48. bosskR

I’m sorry, now I see there indeed was a lot more than just a couple of wooden beams in that video. I must have watched it only halfway through before.
  49. bosskR

Where can I see this video? Is it somewhere on the web ...
Back