• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

Footsteps on the Landing

I get footsteps clomping across my landing quite regularly. Usually what happens is really heavy foot steps walking a long, then my bedroom door opening, sometimes it closes after itself too
  2. D

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I tie flies, for fishing. My vice is fixed by a G clamp to my desk, the stem goes into the clamp, and is fixed by a second screw, that tightens through the side to trap the stem in the clamp. Anyway, this vice stem, is tightened into the clamp part, with quite some force, by me. Earlier...
  3. D

An Abundance Of Foxes

Or they're gonna raid a coup.
  4. D

Clocks & Watches Stopping / Malfunctioning

I have a problem with watches. It's a running joke in my family that buying me a watch is a waste of money. They just stop working. No reason at all, I've taken them to watch repairers and they haven't been able to find a reason for it.
  5. D

The Coffee Thread

The amount of coffee I drink in a day, might make me immortal...
  6. D

Frankenstein Fish

My bad :lol:
  7. D

Jurassic Lark? Expedition To Seek Living Dinosaurs In Africa

I wonder if that's where we get the name "Tokay" for the gecko :?:
  8. D

Frankenstein Fish

Roach and Rudd hybridise anyway, many a confused angler has caught a uk record, but both are Scardinius. Goldfish are Cyprinids too, soo, a roach x rudd hybrid bred with a goldfish, or what I feels is more likely, a Crucian Carp :?: Edit: I looked at the picture after, and I'm fairly certain...
  9. D

Large Snakes

our shoulders make it pretty difficult for a snake of any size to eat you, even if a snake was 30 feet, it would be physically able to hold a human, if it started eating you head first (as the usually do, apart from the occasional daft one I've seen who starts in the middle, or with a prey item...
  10. D

Large Snakes

I would love to have a pet Titanboa lol
  11. D

A change in UFO shape over the past few decades

It could be ones's manned (as it were) scouts, others are autonomous scouts, others could be remote controlled scouts, then floating lab vessels etc
  12. D

Things That Are NOT UFOs

Random lenticular cloud?
  13. D

Weird Sleep And Half-Asleep Experiences

I had a disorientating thing, happen a week ago-ish. I woke up, because my phone buzzed, it was a text. Well, I opened one eye, in an attempt to focus on my phone, and tried to read the text, but the words kept on getting muddled with each attempt. Then, I felt movement, side to side...
  14. D

Animal Escapes

Must have covered a distance of 6 feet in seconds, which, for a spider that was only half an inch leg span, was quite impressive lol And thanks dude, was pretty gutted when it happened Edit: The spider was recovered earlier today lol
  15. D

Animal Escapes

I'm in a little town in sunny old Shropshire :lol: The spider only got out because the tub got knocked over, as I was picking up the tongs for maintenance, and the psalmopoeus family are bloody fast spiders -.- the others are all safely locked away :)
  16. D

Animal Escapes

oldrover, dependant on where in wales you live, I'm probably closer to you :lol: I have a pretty decent collection of snakes and spiders lol
  17. D

Animal Escapes

A few days ago I lost a juvenile Psalmopoeus cambridgei, thanks to my sister, it hasn't turned up yet :evil:
  18. D

Attacked By Aliens (YouTube; "thepolishedknob")

I don't know about anyone else, but if I encountered an alien skulking around my language would be a lot worse lol
  19. D

Arachnophobia

because a lot of species look superficially similar, and sometimes the only way to work out species is via the structures inside the legs, the fangs, and even down to the profile of the bristles on them
  20. D

Arachnophobia

I love spiders! I have 4 taranulas and one false widow at the minute :)
  21. D

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I didn't look, I was to busy swearing to myself out of surprise to check :lol: That dude, is an excellent idea lol
  22. D

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

It was about 4am this morning, I was walking up the stairs, and got hit in the back of the head by a £2 coin :/
  23. D

Vigilant Citizen: Occult In Pop Culture

I think that, if they were trying to be shocking and evil, they should at least post as support acts for Akercocke or Burzum or something...
  24. D

Ghost Tales From Everyday People

I was thinking maybe a species of prehistoric hyena This one is Pachycrocuta and stood ant nearly 4 feet in height
  25. D

Stonehenge

If I'm honest I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't pointed out to me :lol:
  26. D

Stonehenge

A couple weeks ago, I was on top of Glastinbury Tor, and it was that clear I could see all they way across to Stonehenge
  27. D

'Drummers Are Natural Intellectuals'

My drummer is quite intelligent, once he's caught up with everyone else, he's always in his own little world, he also has the common sense of tinned fruit :lol:
  28. D

A couple of pictures

And what does a UFO look like?
  29. D

Flying tub of sudocrem

The acoustics in a bathroom are brilliant, I usually record acoustic guitar tracks in mine lol I have had a bar of soap fly at me from across the bathroom before, never a tub of anything though
  30. D

Any ideas?

I couldn't see anything, but going by descriptions I would have said something like a frogfish, maybe, something from that family?
  31. D

Sleep Paralysis & Night Hag Experience

I've had sleep paralysis quite a few times, the mind wakes up when falling asleep, it's very scary! I try to concentrate on moving a finger, as soon as I can do that it breaks the paralysis, the worst one was when I thought there was people standing around my bed, and I could hear this demented...
  32. D

Classic Archive Merged: Shadowman

I've seen one in my room, it followed a lot of weird happenings, including moving objects, it exuded this feeling of well, extreme evil, hen it walked through a second story external wall
  33. D

GIANT Catfish Caught Today!

some are, it's a complex family, alot of algae eaters are actually loaches =]
  34. D

GIANT Catfish Caught Today!

Some are, and a lot are also active predators =]
  35. D

Shark Repellent Strangeness

You can kill marine fish in an aquarium using washing up liquid, very quickly, one or more of the chemicals used in it are quite nasty to aquatic life, it might be the sharks are actually detecting that toxicity?
  36. D

Piercings

Should never use Savlon on a fresh piercing, ever, it causes massive irritation
  37. D

Piercings

pffft, improper a fter care of the piercing, below the neck piercing can be effectivly cleaned with a bath, run a normal bath, add sea salt, soak as normal, I've noticed a few things recently in the media using old information almost like a scare tactic to stop people getting them done, in a...
  38. D

Out Of Place Animals

It's th eRSPCA, they'll ptobably put it down as soon as they get it back to the local centre, as a general rule they know sod all about exotics (reptiles mainly)
  39. D

Out Of Place Animals

a 6 foot snake is onlt dangerous if you're a small child, corn snakes have the poyential to get to 6 foot, quite girthy aswell, and they don't have proper teeth, I hate when media sensationalises things like that
  40. D

UFO Sighting - Staffordshire 06/12/09

It's very very high in the sky, I thought that too, but the position in the sky would rule that out, had to look straight up to see it
  41. D

UFO Sighting - Staffordshire 06/12/09

where I work is on Stafford road at Newport, not far from stafford, I have, on two consecutive occasions seen a red and white light hanging in the sky, both times I have tried to take a picture, when I review the picture I haven't captured even though it was clearly in the view finder and it has...
  42. D

Wasps

we have loads of them in the shop I work at
  43. D

Brighton UFO filmed?

Re: All things Brighton-weird I saw a grand total of 5 ufos one night when sitting on a bench on Worthing sea front, just down the road from brighton
  44. D

The Vril Society

karlD is a member fv Vril and trying to divert our attention
  45. D

Large Snakes

hmmmm, if we do see them again, I wonder where I can fit a 30 foot vivarium :hmm:
  46. D

NWO/FEMA Hysteria on YouTube

I think some people have played to much Deus Ex.
  47. D

The Left Hand (Left-Handedness)

I'm ambidextrous, but usually favour my right
  48. D

The "Horror Film Gene"

I hate that phrase, extreme violence is never funny imo, ever... ...but as a gore hound I should be drawing inspiration from it, shouldn't I...?
  49. D

The "Horror Film Gene"

Man bites dog is a pretentious film imo, one which the directors have thinly veiled over with some kind of message, pretending to be something it isn't, justified
  50. D

The "Horror Film Gene"

tbh, a lot of horror films are designed to be watch with your brain disengaged so to speak, with all thinking switched off for those 2 hours, so any potential message can be lost to the target audience, unless some one is activly watching for it. Now this doesn't mean that people who watch them...
Back