• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. DougalLongfoot

French Dramedy OVNI(s)

Season 1 trailer I have just finished watching this fantastic French TV show. Set in 1978, rocket scientist Didier Mathure is banished to head GEPAN after the failure and explosion on launch of his 10 year rocket project. While this is a comedy, the storyline is actually quite enthralling...
  2. DougalLongfoot

Bunyip Sighting: Darling River, 1926

THE DAY ETHEL EDWARDS SAW THE NGATJI AT YANCANNIA One time when I was about six years old, we came across to Yancannia and camped by the creek. It was night time when we got there.The next morning me and my sister Ada were called to light the fire and get water from the creek. We went down...
  3. DougalLongfoot

Object passing ISS at high speed

High All, The ISS was passing over my home time soon after sunset tonight (Sunday 3rd July 2016). I went outside to observe it as it rose in the North-West and proceeded to rise in the clear sky. Just before it was right above me, I noticed a second fainter point of light travelling parallel to...
  4. DougalLongfoot

Century-old Melbourne UFO report similar to case used by Fox Mulder found in archives

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-22/century-old-melbourne-ufo-report-echoes-mulder-x-files-test/7185246 In the first episode of the new X-Files, Mulder asks an internet broadcaster about the Kelly Cahill UFO case to establish his credentials. In 1909 a report from the same area was published...
  5. DougalLongfoot

Can't Remember The Name Of A Film...

I have a memory of a rather strange horror film, possibly made in the 70's or early 80's. As far as I can recall it is set in a village in Britain that is rather isolated having been bypassed by a new motorway, essentially no one visits this place anymore. The villain is a faded 60's rock star...
  6. DougalLongfoot

Mysterious light blamed for circle of fire

Mysterious light blamed for circle of fire Photo of burnt patch at original article.
  7. DougalLongfoot

Rural Fire Teams Baffled By Burning Lake

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-12-12/rural-fire-teams-baffled-by-burning-underground-lake/4424436
  8. DougalLongfoot

UN invasion of Lubbock Texas

Lubbock Lights not the wierdest thing there anymore: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-25/un-scoffs-at-27ridiculous27-texas-invasion/4222310
  9. DougalLongfoot

Kickstarter funding for a new Aussie Sci-Fi show

I'm in no way involved in this production, just saw the link on a TV blog and thought I'd share with you: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/10/welcome-to-the-cosmos-seeks-a-kickstart.html
  10. DougalLongfoot

Shoe Throwing: A Traditional Middle Eastern Insult

Last night Australia's former Prime Minister John Howard was on the ABC's Q&A program, answering questions from the audience and basically promoting his memoirs which are being launched today. An audience member opposed to the Iraq War didn't like Howard's answer to his question and decided to...
  11. DougalLongfoot

Motorists hit 180km/h near Newcastle to conjure ghost

Daily Telegraph (Sydney)
  12. DougalLongfoot

Favourite series of New Doctor Who

Always much debate over the best Doctor, best Companion etc, and there seems to be a bit of a split between RTD fans and SM fans (including Cryptomundo.com, which is weird). So which series since the 2005 relaunch has been the best in your opinion?
  13. DougalLongfoot

Hostile Aliens: Possible? Probable?

Sydney Morning Herald
  14. DougalLongfoot

Demonologists dispute "satanic" influence in the V

Demonologists dispute "satanic" influence in the Vatican
  15. DougalLongfoot

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

I'll certainly be reading it, by the same guy that wrote Pride & Prejudice & Zombies http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1968104,00.html
  16. DougalLongfoot

Hamas leader assassinated in Dubai

I'm just wondering why it took 26 agents to kill one man, and if they were Mossad, why would they need to steal people's identities? Surely they have the skills to produce completely fake passports?
  17. DougalLongfoot

iPad App for Fortean Times

Probably a decision to be made in the higher echelons of Dennis Publishing, but with the launch of the Apple iPad, I was wondering whether there are any plans to do a tablet computer version of Fortean Times Magazine? I thought of lots of different poll questions I could include, but in the end...
  18. DougalLongfoot

NY Times & Wikipedia conceal journalist kidnapping

Whilst I can understand to a certain degree why this was done, you'd wonder what the journalists would do if it wasn't one of their own involved. Also does nothing for the credibility of Wikipedia as an accurate source of information (if it had any). Sydney Morning Herald
  19. DougalLongfoot

Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

Started in Australia a couple of weeks ago on Fox8 on Tuesdays about 8:30pm
  20. DougalLongfoot

Man in white van 'an urban myth'

Just what I've been saying for years: ABC News Online
  21. DougalLongfoot

Ring breaks to mark the end of WWII

My mother was a young child during the Second World War. A soldier on leave from the Pacific campaign (probably after fighting in New Guinea) gave her a ring, made from the metal from a crashed Japanese plane. on 15th August 1945 (VP Day) the ring suddenly and inexplicably snapped in half. Just...
  22. DougalLongfoot

Contactees: What was it all about?

I was watching that fascinating documentary from 1977 "Out of this World", thanks to GNCXX posting the link. The section on the Aetherius society and George King really got me thinking. What did the contactee movement mean? What link did it really have to the rest of the UFO phenomena? Does it...
  23. DougalLongfoot

Gift Subscriptions outside the UK

I'd love to buy a gift subscription for my brother, but unfortunately they are only available to send to people in the UK. Is there a reason for this? Would anyone else like to send one to someone in the rest of the world?
  24. DougalLongfoot

Giant Lizards in Laos

No idea about the lizards in Laos, but I thought this account of an Australian tourist who got lost in the jungle was interesting. http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/jungle-aussie-in-horrible-lizard-chase/2008/08/27/1219516528229.html First posted this incident as being in Thailand. Have...
  25. DougalLongfoot

Dreaming the Alien

On Friday night I had just visited a friend in the maternity ward of our local hospital. I was standing in the carpark talking to another friend who had visited when I saw a large and very bright meteor. It was as bright as Venus, but twice the size and yellow. On Sunday night i had a dream...
  26. DougalLongfoot

Doune Castle

Is anyone aware of a ghost tradition at Doune Castle in Scotland? While there in late April this year, I was coming down the stairs into the main hall after climbing up to the roof. Just as I got to the hall I got an impression of a man in checked trousers and a brown fur cloak. When I turned to...
  27. DougalLongfoot

God could have created aliens too: Vatican

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/05/14/2244056.htm
  28. DougalLongfoot

Scientists 'Too Quick' to Judge Outsider / Aberrant Research

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2006/1768862.htm
  29. DougalLongfoot

Gandhi let his wife die...

Saw this in a book called 50 Things You're Not Supposed to Know: v. 2 Russ Kick link In which the author claims that while in prison in 1942 Gandhi's wife died of pneumonia because Gandhi would not let the british doctors give her Penicillin. He however quite happily took quinine when he...
  30. DougalLongfoot

George Foreman

I had heard this before, but thought it was an accident with one of his grills...
  31. DougalLongfoot

Corn Flakes & Masturbation

Were Corn Flakes designed by a very religious Mr Kellogg who was trying to make a food that would make you less inclined to masturbate? How was this supposed to work? :oops:
Back