• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. R

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

***Big yawn**** Ahh, nice kip. Right I think I have some reading to do...
  2. R

Global Warming & Climate Change: The Phenomenon

How well did it predict the climate of past decades? I had a look at the article but couldn't see any further details unless I missed something?
  3. R

Global Warming & Climate Change: The Phenomenon

Don't forget the ever present realisation that the impacts are;
  4. R

You Look Like You've Smelt A Ghost

Yesterday I had a feeling that I should call my mum. Now I speak to my mum quite regularly nowadays so it didn’t seem like a strange thought although I could sense that something had happened. Nothing bad, just something. My dad passed away at the end of last year. I still miss him terribly...
  5. R

Formula One conspiracies?

OK :D Button has now set the fastest pace in practice two but its really close. Top ten only seperated but just over a second! Hamilton dropped to 13th in second practice. He's using a new diffuser but still not as big as the other three teams one. It's going to be another early rise this...
  6. R

Titan (Saturn's Largest Moon)

Ah it's been a while...time for an update from Cassini radar team member Randy Kirk... Cassini Provides Virtual Flyover of Saturn's Moon Titan http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/news/newsrel ... e20090324/
  7. R

Ferrari were all behind Kimi until after the start last season where it seemed after a run of bad results they switched to support Massa who had a better chance of winning. IMHO Massa is a all round better driver and Kimi seems to lack motivation and I think his one title is all he'll get...
  8. R

Agreed, Schumacher wouldn't have won 7 titles without all that rule bending, ahem, but compared to Raikonnen he was miles better. Unless everything is going right for Raikonnen he doesn't even seem that bothered about trying. That with a £35 million a year salary as well :roll:
  9. R

They were also brought up on another couple of allegations. The refuelling nozel had no filter which meant they could refuel the car considerably quicker than other teams and also the under body panel was thiner than allowed. Full season details here...
  10. R

I'm so glad this has been settled as well. It gives Jenson a real chance of winning the world championship and will hopefully put away for good some of the really bad career decisions he's made! After the first couple of races last season it was obvious the then Honda car was little better...
  11. R

I love F1 but have to agree that all this mess (the continuing McLaren saga and now the diffuser row) make it look, to outsiders especially, a bit of a joke. Ross Brawn tried to bring to attention before the start of this season the possible loop hole in the regulations around the diffuser...
  12. R

The Importance Of Maths

A much more worthy use of Mathematics... Maths cracks beer froth mystery
  13. R

Exoplanets (Extra-Solar Planets)

From another interview...
  14. R

Only a matter of time.... 'Goldilocks' planet may be just right for life
  15. R

Meteors & Meteoric Fireballs (Observed Aloft)

Lyrid meteors to grace the weekend sky
  16. R

The Atlantis Thread

Ok There's two Atlantis threads but I'll post in this one. The other is here: http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 608#695608 The wave that destroyed Atlantis
  17. R

Global Warming & Climate Change: Humans' Reactions & Responses

You wait, the climate change rap will be next! Schwarzenegger: Make climate hip
  18. R

Water detected on distant planet
  19. R

Probe reveals seas on Saturn moon
  20. R

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

Ooo ooo, only if it has a Poll with a premium rate number to call. Might as well do it properly.
  21. R

Earthquakes

Two earthquakes rock Sumatran coast
  22. R

Titan's largest lake rivals Earth's Caspian Sea
  23. R

Check out these crazy ideas eh....so crazy they may just work! Artificial trees: A green solution?
  24. R

LOST - The Series Three spoiler thread

That's crap isn't?! I mean CH4 screen the first couple of seasons and then what? TBH I had completely forgotten about it until I saw this thread again. :!:
  25. R

LOST - The Series Three spoiler thread

Anyone know when it will be back on normal TV?
  26. R

Politicians sign new climate pact
  27. R

Cloud Seeding

Futuristic fleet of 'cloudseeders'
  28. R

The Planet Mars: Scientific Findings & Conjectures

Underground pipes channelled water on Mars
  29. R

Water On Mars

Underground pipes channelled water on Mars
  30. R

Leaders plot path to climate deal
  31. R

Hope for end of climate deadlock
  32. R

Giant Squid (Architeuthis)

Giant squid lights up for attack http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6357005.stm
  33. R

Endurance In Extremity (Tales Of Stubborn Survival Or Persistence)

Saw the footage of this on the news last night. Pretty amazing. Skydiver survives dramatic fall
  34. R

FT220

Looks like Val kilmer. Well half of it obviously.
  35. R

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Ah ha! Thanks.
  36. R

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Anyone know if there was a thread about a design for a "doomsday" vault that will house seeds from all known varieties of food crops? Or was this just a seperate post in another thread I remember reading?
  37. R

Yes on Mock the Week. I did chuckle.
  38. R

Branson launches climate prize
  39. R

No but I wouldn't mind surviving. D'ya know what I is saying? :D
  40. R

Ok. I think my point may have been made clearer by saying: 'Mark, you are talking out of your anus. P.s do you need a spare knob?'
  41. R

Yeah yeah I was on the way to lunch and had limited time! Besides I was being polite :wink:
  42. R

US plans giant space mirrors to reverse global warning

Yes, for years man has strived to destroy the sun. Now the US will do the next best thing...BLOCK IT OUT! Excuse me while I clean up the wee puddle that was produced after reading this crap. Seriously, shouldn't the effort it would take to do this be concerntrated on reducing global emissions...
  43. R

Mud Volcanos / Mud Volcanoes

Indonesian mud volcano 'caused by gas drilling'
  44. R

Climate resets 'Doomsday Clock'
  45. R

Comets

Dwarf planet 'becoming a comet'
Back