• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. B

'Doffing One's Hat' As A Funeral Cortege Passes

The last funeral I attended was my mothers six months ago, and unfortunately was a little too preoccupied to notice whether anyone did this as the hearse went past but I definitly remember it happening at my grandfathers funeral. The hearse had stopped at a set of traffic lights,and I...
  2. B

click on profile (at the top next to messages), then profile again, then custom title/signature
  3. B

Muslims And Pigs

:twisted:
  4. B

Muslims And Pigs

Well, I believe that what she said happened,(she is not normally known for exaggerating or lying) I was told about it about half an hour after it happened, and the reason she approached me was to ask if I had encountered a similar situation, which in my 10 years there I never have.
  5. B

Muslims And Pigs

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but the subject of the original post came up at work this week, the question being was it just the consumption or contact with unclean animals that was frowned upon, or does this also include images, toys etc. I work in a primary/junior school at dinnertime...
  6. B

The Left Hand (Left-Handedness)

I don't know about doing it well, but I have often been told I am wearing my watch on the "wrong" wrist. I am right handed, but feel most comfortable with my watch on my left wrist, and this has caused a few colleagues to assume I am left handed. Conversley, my left handed son prefers his on his...
  7. B

Life on Mars (the other BBC time travel drama)

It does in the school I work at :D
  8. B

Weird Personal Names

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. I have just finished an Ann Rule book (American true crime writer), and she mentions a forensic expert called Chesterine Cwiklik.
  9. B

Cannibalism can be detected?

You are Gillian McKeith and I claim my £5!
  10. B

A Cure For Cancer?

I agree with Quake. My grandfather died of cancer, and the pain and suffering he went through near the end was very distressing for all the family. chriswsm, has anybody in your family ever had cancer?
  11. B

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

Gladly the cross-eyed bear :D
  12. B

Photograph Of A Demon On A Child's Shoulder?

If you click the link, and look at the origional photo, look at the trees on the left hand side.
  13. B

Hearing Your Name Called

That happens to me quite regularly as I am drifting off to sleep. Occasionally the voice seems familiar (the last time it happened, I swear it was my grandmother) but most of the time it is a voice I don't recognise. Thinking about it now, it always seems to be a female voice.
  14. B

Monster under the bed

http://coloring-page.net/pages/disney/w ... h-6-sm.gif Anything like this?
  15. B

Hoarders

I saw the programmes featuring Mr Trebus, and I must say, I did admire his persistence (stubborness?), but what impressed me most whas the time he climbed the scaffolding surrounding his garden, and started to dismantle it. IIRC, even the workmen who were present where surprised that a man of...
  16. B

Ice Skates & Missing Fingers

I always thought it was a basketball :oops: (Guess how sporty i am :lol: )
  17. B

Needle Panics

I work in a primary school, and today there was an email pinned to the staff notice board which warned of needles being left on bus seats. It stated that 'a girl travelling to school (which was named, but I am not going to, it is local to me) on the bus on Friday 27th Jan 2006 sat down and felt...
  18. B

FT206

In my copy, some of the pages weren't separated properly, although all the text was readable, I did notice a slant on some of the text.
  19. B

FT206

I don't have mine yet :( Newsagent promised me it will be in on Thursday, so i'll just have to wait :cry:
  20. B

Ariel Sharon's Illness: Result Of A Curse?

IIRC, it is mentioned (briefly) in the thread for the current magazine
  21. B

Where do you buy yours?

My local newsagent orders mine in for me, but I have seen it in W.H Smiths in Ashton-under-Lyne on a very regular basis
  22. B

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

When I was a child (around 5 or 6 ) my family and i were waiting at a train station for my aunt. Suddenly, I shouted out 'look Mum, it's that fat window cleaner!' Luckily, he saw the funny side, and came over to talk to us! That's how I met Stan Ogden! (Coronation Street) I literely bumped...
  23. B

Moving Photographs

I've read a Stephen King short in wich a car appears to move in a paintaing - IIRC it's called 'The road virus heads north'
  24. B

You've been Tangoed

My middle son was Tangoed in school last year, and he now has a perforated eardrum.
  25. B

Buildings Converted Into Houses Or Other Residences

:roll: I said single ghost , tonyblair11 How are the famly, by th way :lol:
  26. B

Buildings Converted Into Houses Or Other Residences

If you believe that buildings absorb the emotional energy of the people that resided there, then places like these ,where there must have been a lot of negative energy built up, would have a greater effect than a single 'ghost' in a suburban semi!
  27. B

FT202

I love my newsagent :D 7.30 this morning, bleary-eyed and trying to remember what the various offspring want for packed lunches, break times, etc, i go in to the shop to find my FT waiting on the counter with a post-it note on "tell Jacqui as soon as she comes in" I love my newsagent :D
  28. B

The Constantly Updated Catalogue Of Entrances To Hell

This week's MOST POPULAR ENTRANCE is Badadada tatatata Darn it! I missed the vote
  29. B

The Righteous Warrior Temple

This guy say's he is the ultimate warrior. Are you going to argue with him :lol: http://www.heidelberg.edu/~mmichael/ultimatewarrior.jpg
  30. B

Are You a Weirdo Magnet?

I don't tend to attract wierd people (unless you count my husband :roll: ) But my family do have more than our fair share of strange pets. I dont mean exotic animals (except for my sisters spider and my stick insects), but ordinary pets who were, shall we say, one sandwich short of a full...
  31. B

Ab Fab

was "rab c nesbitt" supplied with subtitles? or have i fallen prey to a UL?
  32. B

key coincidence

that's wierd milk! in the eastenders i watch, dot's husband is called jim :shock:
Back