• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. U

Man arrested for pretending to be a ghost

And he would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids...and the fact that he's a drunken idiot.
  2. U

The Green Hand....

Is the house still there? It'd be interesting to see if there is actually an unknown room in the attic. P.S. What part of the Midwest. I spent a good amount of time at my grandparent's farmhouse in the midwest myself.
  3. U

Look-Alikes

4. U

Strange Thing In A Pond

Nothing's breaking the water because there is a thin sheet of ice over it. You can see it early in the video when he's adjusting the angle. So yeah, slow warm spring (explains the round hole in the center of the pond that's frozen enough for him to stand on). and the water that comes up mixes...
  5. U

Look-Alikes

Since this thread was resurrected from the dead I thought I'd share my experience. About 15 years ago I met and spoke to my younger doppelganger. A friend and I had stopped at DQ for lunch and he stops dead in the parking lot and just starts backhanding my arm. I look up and see what he was...
  6. U

More greed from the creators of chocolate yowies

I got one of the "Choco Treasures" from the local gas station. One of the worst chocolate experiences of my life. And all it had in it were stickers of animals playing sports.
  7. U

Canine Forteana (Dogs' Weirdness & Wonders)

It could be a black bear or a mountain lion. Though they are rarely spotted they do exist in those parts. We just had a confirmed mountain lion sighting here in NW Missouri.
  8. U

2.8 HOURS later.

I'd love to have something like this in my neck of the woods but I'm afraid it would end in too many casualties (we're a rough bunch around here). How do they deal with security and enforcing the no weapons rules?
  9. U

Frightened pilot reports UFO

KCI is about 5 miles from me, so this is relevant to my interests. We've been having quite a few sightings in the KC area in the past year. I carry my camera with me at all times just in case I see something.
  10. U

Linnaean Taxonomy & Animalia Paradoxa (Alleged Cryptids)

Interesting history of Linnaeus and cryptozoology. http://io9.com/5931316/cryptids-spotlighted-in-a-text-viewed-as-the-foundation-of-modern-zoology
  11. U

The Crocodile Thread

Just saw an article on Yahoo that the croc is alive and well and living in a zoo and is now officially a record. http://www.webpronews.com/giant-crocodi ... rd-2012-07
  12. U

little piles of white powder

Are these piles near cracks/seams in the buildings? I don't know about the UK but around here (middle of the US) my first thought would be borax for ant control.
  13. U

The Crocodile Thread

My sister lived in the Phillipines for a while a couple of years back and brought back a phillipino nanny when she came back home. This girl explained to us that whenever an impressive animal like this is caught over there they either eat it or make it fight.
  14. U

The "Alien" in the Georgia Crime Lab

Whoever did the sound for that video should be pickled and jarred for that atrocious use of stereo. PS the best part of that video is the last 5 seconds when they're fidgeting with their mics and the guy rubs his tummy.
  15. U

The Walking Dead

This is on AMC not FX.
  16. U

The Walking Dead

actually this series is an adaptation of a very well executed comic book series and that whole interaction is taken directly from the pages of the comic (however in the comic the woman moans "help me")
  17. U

New MMO about Fortean events The Secret World

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... cret-World Dark Days Loom Ahead in The Secret World John Funk posted on 10 Sep 2009 4:05 pm Filed under: john funk, funcom, mmorpg, pax, the secret world image Funcom has taken the wraps off of The Secret World, an modern-day MMOG that posits...
  18. U

Extinct Or Just Missing? Rediscovered Animal Species

What I don't understand is why the film crew didn't just buy the bird
  19. U

Abandoned Buildings As Time Capsules

2 summers ago they finally cleared out the old "Western Auto" (hardware/automotive store popular in small towns in the US) store in the small town I grew up in. There was so much strange NOS (new original stock) that people flew into Missouri just to try and buy as much as they could in the...
  20. U

Nigerian Police Hold 'Magic' Goat Over Attempted Car Theft

This gives me a great idea. I fly to Nigeria and buy a herd of goats. I start robbing banks with goats in the car and release them when the people give chase. Nigerian email scams got nothing on me.
  21. U

Erupting Mushrooms Lift Driveway

Mushrooms can have a lot of force. Living in the middle of a forest I see it every spring. I've seen mushroom eruptions roll entire trees over in a matter of a couple of hours.
  22. U

strange creatures!

wow, I want that second one for my aquarium
  23. U

Horror photographer

In today's paper there was a write-up about a local photographer that is doing some pretty impressive and sometimes unsettling work. His name is Joshua Hoffine and his website is http://www.joshuahoffine.com
  24. U

A 'Fortean' Subject Of Which You're 100% Convinced

My problem with radiometric dating is the scientific communities belief that what they are seeing is a constant. I'll use radiocarbon dating as an example. Carbon isotope 14 has a half-life of approx. 5500 years. The only way science knows this is by measuring how much it deteriorates in the...
  25. U

I didn't say that all of the life on earth was created by "aliens". I fully believe in abiogenesis. The alien's planet's primordial ooze just coagulated before ours did. The they came along and nudged our evolution into a more useable path. And Timble, I'm not saying sitchin is a great...
  26. U

And no I'm not a scientologist. L. Ron Hubbard was a charlatan and used other people's concepts to make himself famous infused with his own nonexistent science-fiction writing skills. It is people like this that give people like me a bad name. We have been warned of false prophets.
  27. U

Well, to elaborate. Yes, i believe we were created by "aliens" though not little green men. My beliefs lie closely with the concepts presented by Zecharia Sitchin. All religions are polytheistic or started that way, even the judeo-christian construct. It even slips through in the bible...
  28. U

I'll jump into the fray and see how many strange looks I can get. I believe without a shadow of a doubt in the Ancient Astronaut Theory (though I guess in my world it would be law and not theory). I read Chariots of the Gods when I was in 4th grade and it completely changed how I think and...
  29. U

Bad Tattoos

when that guy's hair grows back that is going to be the most realistic chewbacca tattoo ever.
  30. U

The Lost Ark Of The Covenant

The city of Troy was a myth until it was found
  31. U

Giant Humanoid Sea Monsters

Holy crap, I want one of those for my aquarium
  32. U

The Lost Ark Of The Covenant

You actually have less proof of its non-existence than there is proof of its existence.
  33. U

Global Warming & Climate Change: The Phenomenon

Ok, i'll finally throw my 2 cents in and see who I can make angry. We have only been truly taking scientific measurements of the weather and temperature for about 150 years, before that the standards and practices are anecdotal and debatable so we really can only compare our fluctuations to our...
  34. U

Historical people now thought to be myths! (uk poll shows)

I was absolutely exstatic when this article came out. I have heard so many Britons make fun of the US for not knowing their own countries history. This is even better than not knowing this is knowing but not believing.
  35. U

Snake in the Bed

This is a biologic impossibility. If the snake always laid next to what it was going to eat to "size it up" it would scare away all of it's prey. And natural instinct does not allow an animal to pass up on easy food just to get something bigger. I really hope somebody at work tries to bring...
  36. U

Moon Eyes

Maybe it's a recessive gene from your werewolf ancestors. :twisted:
  37. U

The Cloverfield Films

I went after work and saw cloverfield today. Absolutely amazing. This is what every monster movie should strive to be. The jerky camera actually makes you feel like you're in the thick of it. The monster is rather secondary to the story of just trying to survive. This feels more like a...
  38. U

Albino & Leucistic Animals (Pigmentation Deficiency)

Marionville is only a day-trip away from me and I've been trying to get down their on one of my weekends. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/set/squirrels.html
  39. U

strange rabbit

Sweet, now that I know what it is now I need to find out how to import one for a pet :D
  40. U

DVD Bargains & Newspaper Freebies

I was leaving Wal-Mart yesterday and glanced at the $1 dvd rack and saw Nosferatu (The original vampire movie. The really creepy one with Max Schrek). Being a movie geek I had to buy it. When I grabbed it I saw that it had an even better bonus...a complete soundtrack by Type O Negative and...
  41. U

strange rabbit

So, I was going through some crappy cryto videos on youtube to explain to one of my friends the difference between what is believable and what is not and I came across the picture below. I have never seen this on any of the cryptic boards before. I was just wondering if anybody knew anything...
  42. U

Explanation for Bigfoot, Nessie, etc.?

Come around these parts and you will see why the scientists and teachers drive me to madness. I've actually had arguments about this very subject with professors that have phd's and masters in these fields and they fully believe in the march of progress concept.
  43. U

The Cloverfield Films

Slusho's really just a fictional drink that abrams puts into his projects just as sort of a wink to his fans (just like tarantino and "red apple" cigarettes). It's supposed to be a frozen slush drink like a slurpee. However some theories have popped up that in the movie it will be found...
  44. U

The Cloverfield Films

Yea, the whole ethan haas thing just had great timing and nothing more. It is for a completely unrelated project and using the name Ethan Haas was a coincidence or incredibly good marketing. The whole reason these two projects got connected is because the original trailer came out and the...
  45. U

The Cloverfield Films

Actually sorry to burst your bubble but the above picture of the whale monster is from a separate contest that someone else held for people to submit their theories as to what the monster was. But I have seen the small snippet of the monster from the newest trailer slowed down and steadied and...
  46. U

The Philosophy Student

I've also heard this one. Exam question What is the single most important aspect of a convincing argument? Student's answer Brevity It's all mostly hogwash and while I was in school I hoped and prayed I'd get a question along these terms so that I could take claim to this actually...
  47. U

Human species 'may split in two'

It's an interesting theory but is so riddled with faults that you can't help but think that the author just uses it to convince pretty (but dumb) girls to have sex with him. Which in turn is one of the flaws in his theory. Just look at all of the well educated (through heavy schooling not...
  48. U

Book On Henry Garnet's Execution: Bound In His Own Skin?

I hope somebody really creepy buys this, not like marilyn manson creepy but like Dani Filth and he eats his lunch off of it. :twisted:
  49. U

Damanhur: Underground Temples & Time Travel

That's pretty impressive and almost mimics something I've wanted to do for quite a long time
  50. U

Explanation for Bigfoot, Nessie, etc.?

It just blows my mind that people have such a little understanding of the theory of evolution especially the scientists that tout it as the gospel. If something supposedly evolved from something else then it absolutely had to live side by side with it for some time. It's not like suddenly all...
Back