• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. G

Military Coup Against Bill Clinton?

Well, for one our federal government in its current entity really didn't exist yet and the States were primary governance for the citizenry. We didn't have a large Standing army til after WWI. All military were recruited from the states and the people that fought in the civil war were part of...
  2. G

The Darkest Corner of the Mind

Reading that article is disturbing on so many levels i don't know where to begin. Just it is so disappointing that we can do this as human beings to fellow human beings... beyond that i don't know what to say.
  3. G

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

Well when i was a little girl my grandfather lived a few counties away. We had to cross a large saltwaterbay across a long bridge. I thought we were crossing the ocean. For a long time i told everyone that my grandfather lived "overseas".
  4. G

Purity Balls

Well said Peni G. I remember the first sex talk i ever had with my dad i was about 12. I sat there completely horrified, but looking back even a couple of years later i was very glad he sat down and talked with me. I mean he reallly explained to me about what would be said and what i should...
  5. G

Er.....shamanic cheerleaders??????

OMG I just got the video to work. WHy does the "divine spiritual" need a pep squad. It really was like a bad saturday night live sketch. Are we sure this is for real?
  6. G

Er.....shamanic cheerleaders??????

they all look like costume rejects from Xena Warrior Princess. I couldn't watch the video, but the pictures were horrid. And what was up with their weird little pom poms? And the boots, not like you can actually climb on somones shoulders with spiked heels on or do stunts. Very strange...
  7. G

Frank Miller's "300"

beautiful men, beautiful bodies, whats not to lust? ;) Went with a friend last night we both enjoyed all the testoterone.
  8. G

Time Travel: Scientific Plausibility / Theories / Research

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17544598/wi ... 9?GT1=9145 The urge to hug a departed loved one again or prevent atrocities are among the compelling reasons that keep the notion of time travel alive in the minds of many. While the idea makes for great fiction, some scientists now say...
  9. G

Films, TV Shows & Books By Guillermo del Toro

You are so right! I mean my ex took my 7 year old tosee my super ex-girlfriend! I was horrified! The PG-13 rating did nothing to deter him. WHen i saw it (an utter piece of crap) I was very upset that my child had seen it. sometimes people just dont' think.
  10. G

I would think the "r" rating would be enough to let people know its not for small children.
  11. G

Pans Labyrinth I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Loved and hated it all at once. Anyone else seen it? What did you think?
  12. G

the tin man

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire 12:00 AM, 16-FEBRUARY-07 Deschanel Stars In Tin Man Zooey Deschanel (Elf) has been cast as the lead in Tin Man, SCI FI Channel's upcoming six-hour miniseries that reimagines L. Frank Baum's classic fantasy book The...
  13. G

The Dresden Files

i am trying to give this one a go....but i think after this past week's episode they may have lost my interest. The stories are boring the dialog is atrocious and they so called "tension" between dresden and the lady cop and well i guess every woman he sees is laughable. i was reall excited...
  14. G

Dexter

I missed the first couple of episodes and got into it a few episodes in. But after two viewings I was completely hooked. The season finale was gruesome! I can't wait for the next season to start. I just hope they keep dexter on track and don't mess it up.
  15. G

US plans giant space mirrors to reverse global warning

it just sounds like a plot from a bad sci-fi movie, like "the Core". Next thing you know they will try to artificially make volcanoes erupt to make for "natural cooling". I think We shoudl try to reduce emmisions and live greener and basically try not to mess with Mother Nature to much. There...
  16. G

Lip Balm Addiction: The Secret Shame

Then what do they do when they get chapped lips? Suffer? I guess i am an addict in denial because I use all the time and well i think of it as one of my "necessities".
  17. G

Are religious leaders above the law?

In my opinion religious leaders should not be above the law. If anything they should be held to a higher standard, while they ARE human beings and therefore make mistakes, they also accept responsibility and leadership to a flock and therefore must uphold a higher standard. But just shows why...
  18. G

Dying for a Wii

I think more than the price, the actual issue is supply. People that wanted them had to stand in line for hours only to be turned away because the store only got in 10. This happens every Christmas here to try and create a frenzy for the latest gadget. Though my good friend got her kid a Wii...
  19. G

Wearing Dead Persons' Clothing / Shoes

Now i can see why our ancestors put coind on the eyes! so they wouldn't have to look into them! So much for having to pay the ferryman.
  20. G

Heroes

I read on one of the TV insider shows that his a Peter's power are similiar in that they are "empathic".
  21. G

Heroes

Well now they are saying that a "major character" will die in the next episode. But most probably they will do like all the other shows do and chicken out and just knock off some peripheral character. I vote for the telepathic cop's pig-faced wife. Though i read today that up to three major...
  22. G

Wearing Dead Persons' Clothing / Shoes

there was an episode of twilight zone dealing with this. http://www.twilightzone.org/index2.html was called dead mans shoes.
  23. G

Heroes

Well i was a bit disappointed with the big "reveal" last night. Plus there was hide nor hair of my fave character Hiro :(... buuuutttt next week it looks as if it is a Hiro focused episode. (i sure hope so)
  24. G

Heroes

last nights episode was a bit slower, but did reveal a few new facts. (especially about the cheerleaders dad) . Hiro is still my favorite. the only annoying factor for the show is the telepathic cop's pig faced wife.
  25. G

Worst Movie EVER?

Well its been so long since i saw a really great comedy. One that isn't all fart and sh*t jokes. It seems the subtle art got lost in the frat house.
  26. G

Heroes

Save the cheerleader, save the world!! ;)
  27. G

Ted Bundy & The Rise Of Israel

You know Ted Bundy has a daughter....poor girl, i imagine she has some serious daddy issues. Lets just hope her mom lied to her and told her she didn't know who he was.
  28. G

Ban On Black Cat Adoptions During Hallowe'en Week

I adopted a black cat just last week. Of course this wasn't from my local shelter, he just showed up on my back porch and never left. I guess that means he adopted us! but he is a love and we all really like him and we plan to keep him.
  29. G

Ted Bundy & The Rise Of Israel

And clearly he never read "The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule. She knew Ted Bundy back in the early days. They worked at a suicide hotline together when she was contracted to write a true crime book about four girls that were murdered in the state where they lived (Washington). She and Ted...
  30. G

Heroes

Did you see the following episode yet? I thought it was really good. Definitely makes me want to see more. I think it is not quite as dark as they could take it because of the earlier time slot it has. It is possible it will darker as episodes progress. Honestly, I really like this show, so...
  31. G

Heroes

Some of the NBC shows are available for download. I am not sure if this is one of them but you might want to check as it is DEFINITELY worth it. The Japanese character is my absolute favorite!!!!!!! Hiro is my Hero!!!!
  32. G

Tolkien As Truth

When I frist read Lion the witch and the wardrobe and all the narnia books. I thought OH narnia must be real its all too wonderful! I think that is the real touch of greatness that it is so wonderful that it transports you there and you can believe its all real!
  33. G

Mini-Cults?

Where i used to live had uite a number of small cults practicing there and in the surrounding areas. It was something about the way the mountains were aligned with the stars that had some supposed signifigance. (i have no idea if this is true) But you had several different cults some of them...
  34. G

Heroes

The show last night 10-16 was really good. I am definitely finding myself thinking and talking about the show and honestly anticipating the next episode and what will happen. I like it more with each new episode!!!
  35. G

Dexter

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/ Sorry about that. Try this one, just so you can see what it is about.
  36. G

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

well wasn't in the past the women considered part of the "spoils of war" and raping and pillaging par for the course? I am always amazed when people tell me oh we live in horrible dangerous times, people are so much worse today...when every history book or text i have ever read contradicts...
  37. G

Mystery prisoner baffles court

Well i found the Apport thing interesting.i wasn't familiar with the term and googled it. I was really interested in the opposite affect asport. as this seems to happen to me quite often.
  38. G

Dexter

This is a new show on SHowtime. I have watched a couple of episodes. I think has some potential. THey need a little less internal "monologue" or better dialogue for said monologue. But so far interesting. I will continue to watch and see what happens...
  39. G

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

well i have read the book and he is supposed to be very nondescript in appearance. People don't notice him or when they do they recoil. He is also supposed to be extremely scarred from was small pox or anthrax? i can't remember. Also, he is supposed to be so repulsive because he has no...
  40. G

Heroes

Watch with Kristin Watch with Kristin Watch with Kristin tv news, gossip & spoilers Weekly Column Ask Kristin Chat Transcripts Celeb Chats Message Board I Became a Hero for a Day and (Barely) Lived to Tell About It by Kristin Veitch | Oct. 13, 2006 Watch with Kristin: Video Clip...
  41. G

Heroes

I will say if i didn't have my DVR I would find it extremely annoying. Honestly i record everything now and just FF all ads.
  42. G

A Town Called Eureka

I think the problem with this show....EVERYBODY is quirky. I mean you need quirkiness but you need anchor characters too. and their "anchors" just aren't quite strong enough. But i enjoyed it.
  43. G

Jericho

Yes and i really like it. I think the characters are good and what i like is you see good and bad in everyone. There are mysteries, but not to many. I just hope they keep up the good writing and don't get either to loopy with trying to make everything soooo mysterious or get to soapy.
  44. G

Heroes

well i am really enjoying it so far. I hope you guys get it soon.
  45. G

Harry Potter Vs. The Religious Right

I know exactly what you mean. As if by questioning your faith you negate it. If you never question your faith, how do you know if you truly believe. My personal philosophy is question it everyday listen to all the arguments against it and at the end of the day if you can still believe then...
  46. G

It's funny that he mentions that she was lead to use tarot cards, ouigi boards and such from harry potter considering they aren't mentioned in the books. There is a crystal ball, but all the fortune telling stuff is sort of blown off as mumbo jumbo, hardly a huge endorsement to influence...
  47. G

Well and Rowling always stresses "love" as being the strongest magic. Which is not "spell casting" at all. Harry many times wins not because of magic but because of his wilingness to stand up for those he loves and what is right, regardless of the consequences to himself. Oh thats a HORRIBLE...
  48. G

Heroes

A new show on NBC that highlights the lives of people that are developing or have special abilities. I watched it last night and I think it looks pretty good. Did anyone else watch it and what did you think? http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/
Back