• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. I

Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About

If you are in the UK it is, to all intents and purposes, free. A small charge is made for all prescribed items (£6.50 or about $10) if you are not chronically ill. Dennis_de_Bacle (Caroline) as a diabetic qualifies for free meds. If you want "priority" treatment then you can pay private...
  2. I

Scream Baffles Ohio Town

Reminded me of a story told in Newquay, Cornwall of the Gannel Crake. Taken from The Newquay Guide
  3. I

Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You To Know About

The figure I found interesting was that 50 million americans are without health insurance. I s that true??? :shock:
  4. I

Misperceptions

Many years ago I was a member of fandom and had gone to a convention (Eastercon???) Well at that time I also used to smoke roll-ups. At one room party one of the participants threw a couple of tins in my direction and asked me to "skin up" I opened one tin and saw some dark strange smelling...
  5. I

The Little Known Serial Killer

and several female deaths Dr. John Bodkin Adams Wikipaedia article
  6. I

road tax

Speeding is looked on very harshly by the company I work for. They have a whole safety lecture on the subject and a DVD The have also increased our workload and the distances we have to travel yes they take speeding very seriously Re speed cameras, many are put where there are...
  7. I

The US' Secret Torture Network

The Brits (that includes me) found out that torture doesn't work again in the H Blocks. how many times does it have to be learned???? In any event even in the H blocks torture was not continued because it was pointless any information gained after a couple of weeks will be outdated. The...
  8. I

Astronomical News

That magnetar is more than a little wierd. As I understand it, the fact that is did not slow down after the emission of so much energy puts the hypothoses on how they "work" into doubt
  9. I

Arc Eye

Please remember also that the UV from arc welding is very intense and gives you a serious sunburn and promotes the risk of malignant melanoma. So alwars cover up and use a full face mask
  10. I

Courtroom Antics & Trial Oddities

Being nice is no excuse Now I would have thought this verdict sends the wrong message Do not try to be nice or someone will sue you for it The law as Mr bumble observed "...is an Hass!"
  11. I

chinese/taoist artifact

My immediate thought was a fox woman a very power ful figure in Chinese and Japanese folklore Chinese reference here Japanese sources here Carrie has just reminded me that in FT 1 to 2 years ago there was an article about que (pigtail) cutting and fox spirits were blamed for that
  12. I

Melting Metals in a Domestic Microwave

I think the comment here in do not try this at home - unless you are very wealthy and can kid your insurers
  13. I

Indigo Children: Next Step In Human Evolution?

Also check out Greg Bear - Darwin's Radio"
  14. I

Immanent Military Coup in US

Sorry Painy, I forgot you were recent. Imagine my post begins "IIRC this was discussed at some length on the old board ..." I should not have assumed that you (or anyone else) would know this Mea Culpa
  15. I

Immanent Military Coup in US

Painy the existence of AQ was discussed at length in various threads, the upshot of which was that AQ (The Source) is not an organisation at all; it is a name applied to a loose collection of varied terrorist groups not all of whom share the same objectives. It is like saying the loose...
  16. I

For Older Women...

Surely the point is it is the horny grannies being chased. :?
  17. I

Painy, there is such a thing as due process and it appears that the US and British governments have been ignoring it. If you think this is not important imagine that one of the board members has links with terrorism. If due process is ignored you too could be picked up and "questioned" for links...
  18. I

Homo Floresiensis ('Hobbits'; Small Archaic Humans)

Ythian posted a link to This Site (subversive Element) in it I found Tiny Tools
  19. I

The Ancient Origin Of The Swastika

IIRC it is sometimes called a "Sun Wheel"
  20. I

Raoul Wallenberg: Dead or Alive?

I have never understood why RW was "disappeared" in the first place
  21. I

Post Iraq Artefacts

You do wonder wheter there was any - ummm - End Days thinking behind the establishment of an US base at Babylon :?:
  22. I

Unusual Attacks

Jack you really Really do not want that laser It is a chemical laser, and the exhaust product is deuterium fluoride ie "heavy" hydrogen fluoride From a Materials Safety Data Sheet
  23. I

Crocus Fields and The Knights Templar

Googling Saffron Walden and Templars produces few results but there is a local school called Knights Templar and a Sports Centre
  24. I

The New World Order?

This post has been noted by the Department of Homeland Security
  25. I

Blondes with fake breasts

Not necessarily blondes but large breasts Baywatch (of course) Anything by Aaron Spelling Wonder Woman T J Hooker Charlie's Angels Bionic Woman
  26. I

Favourite Fortean Film Fatalities

Poetic and very sad Li Mu Bai in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon Or the Warden in Shawshank Redemption Tosh Mifune in Seven Samurai
  27. I

Disasters: Where Is Your God?

If God had meant us to understand things He wouldn't have given us free will. OR We cannot possibly understand what the Big G's purposes are but everything will be for the best OR They wuz Godless Unbelievers and the Good Lord did it to show them his POWER and mercy OR Etc etc...
  28. I

Mormons

What frightens me is how people; otherwise rational, intelligent people; can actually believe in the preposterous tennets of this or any other faith. Mainstream Christians/Muslims/Jews at least have the excuse that their founding text is ancient and hence open to mis-interpretation by modern...
  29. I

the above appeared in MSNBC and was reported also in the UK newspaper the Independant. The Independant also noted that the FBI regarded the interrogation methods as being ineffective. Unless we forget most of those in Guantanamo have been there for years yet still there is not sufficient...
  30. I

Bad Medicine: Daffy Doctors & Medical Mishaps

There was also the recent tragic case of the man with chronic failure of one kidney who had the healthy one removed - the surgeon had looked at the wrong side of the X-ray :evil:
  31. I

Alternative Medicine: Chiropractic

Chiropracty (chiropraxis???) is taught at a basic level in UK medical courses and I believe is recognised in France as a reputable speciality
  32. I

Unusual Attacks

This article on MSNBC Interestingly it gives the height 8,000 to 10,500 feet. This is very disturbing a laser with that intensity shone into an aircraft in a landing pattern at a non-auto landing facility airport would be very dangerous
  33. I

Vitrified Forts? (Scottish Hill Forts; Inca Structures, Etc.)

Ok a couple of observations Firstly what evidence is there for the fuel? A powerful fire like that would have left several feet of ash Secondly, has anyone factored in the wind as a contributary factor for increasing the amount of oxygen available for the fire. This can have a large...
  34. I

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Funny as in "the mind boggles" BTW can anything else boggle :confused:
  35. I

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Caroline just saw the headline of this and walked away with a very funny look on her face
  36. I

Mormon History

kev, interested. Are there any source books?
  37. I

Weird Personal Names

There's a house down by Trevaunance Cove called Goofyfoot
  38. I

Christianity - A Failing Religion?

Info for the confused Baha'i faith
  39. I

Global Warming & Climate Change: Humans' Reactions & Responses

I'm no fan of nuclear power but I have the nastiest feeling that it is going to be the only way to bring CO2 levels down quickly enough
  40. I

Christianity - A Failing Religion?

Re: Re: Attempt To Get Thread Back On Topic... Pete, check out how Charlemagne spread the Christian faith or for that matter the Conquistadors.
  41. I

The Last Starfighter: The Musical

How about a musical version of "Starship Troopers"? The first song has already been written and other music could be adapted from "Springtime for Hitler" On the other hand perhaps not
  42. I

Satanic Abuse Rumbles On?

check out the false memory thread
  43. I

The Sack of Constantinople

That Byzantium1200 site is pdg Alexius
  44. I

Government knew 911 attack in advance

Missile - check out the flightpath of the 2nd aircraft. Not an ideal approach for missile firing even with a manned aircraft (or so I am told). Then there is the question of why a missile would be needed. The walls of the WTC were not strong because they did not need to be - the strength of...
  45. I

Mars Exploration 1: Unmanned Missions (Probes; Rovers; etc.)

What happens if they discover a flint arrowhead (or even multicellular fossil?
  46. I

Bricks, Dung, Sharks & Unmade Beds: The World Of 'Modern Art'

Did a bit of checking and found it was a special exhibition although I didn't go in specifically to see it - Ged Quinn in concert with a couple of other artists. Names unrecalled pleasant to look at but deliberately derivative. Pictures were hung. Also went to Hepworth Garden but do not...
  47. I

Tate Modern, St Ives. 2 months ago. General Galleries
  48. I

Yes, if it were the original had been destroyed. The Venus di Milo is (probably) a copy of a Praxitiles original for example. In addition the a Rembrandt can be incredibly valuable even though the majority of the work might have been carried out by his employees The method of her work is...
  49. I

Time Slips & String Theory

I had an idea a few years ago that UFO's were timeslip phenomena. A ftl space vessel would leave a cort of visual contrail
  50. I

My own opinion only Much of what Saatchi lost was ephemeral. "BritArt" is that anyway. The official nature of such conceptual art is that it is relevant to the moment. Unfortunately I cannot find anything remotely interesting in any of it. Much of it is crude to point of incompetance and...
Back