• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. B

Mysterious Lion-Marked Eggs Appear in Suburban Garden

Over the past couble of months, my parents' neighbours have been finding eggs in their back garden. Chickens can be ruled out, because the eggs are lion marked, and my theories concerning how they must have got there have been stumped for the following reasons: If the eggs were deposited by...
  2. B

The Men Who Stare at Goats - the movie!

Yep - it's seems Jon Ronson's disturbingly hilarious look at the weird underbelly of the US military is getting the a-list movie treatment, and should be ready for release at the end of this year. However ... judging by the synopsis on IMDB, the whole thing has been...'livened' up a little...
  3. B

Manners, Man & God Article By The Hierophant's Apprentice.

Well, BP (gender unknown) is certainly flattered to be namechecked by the Hierophant's Apprentice like that, but I don't think I can be too proud of getting a rise out of him. It strikes me as being so easy that I must wonder if it's not so much like poking Abu Hamza with a stick as with a...
  4. B

Gays Can't Whistle?

Not so long ago I started reading Ian Fleming's 'The Man with the Golden Gun', and I was surprised to find - in a section dealing with the file held by British Intelligence on Scaramanga - that the titular villain is suspected of having homosexual tendencies on account of the fact that he cannot...
  5. B

Corona around my right eye.

So I'm getting out of my bath the other night, and have a glance at the mirror. It's misted up, but there's enough detail left to make out my mug - and then I notice that there is a kind of halo, or corona, around my right eye! My first thought - weirdly enough - was that I was hallucinating...
  6. B

Hissing spider!

The other day, my next door neighbour was attempting to remove the spiders in the hallway between our two flats (my means of some 'spider-removal' tool, which - from what I can gather - is a kind of spade with a flap on it). One of these spiders was a large common garden spider - there's loads...
  7. B

Has Anyone Noticed This Peculiar 3D Effect?

Has anyone ever looked at a page or a screen - as it seems to occur with both mediums - and noticed that if something red is adjoined to something blue or black, that the red seems to 'leap out' a little, as if it is floating a few millimetres above or in front of the page or screen? (BTW - when...
  8. B

The problem I have with God...

...or more to the point, the problem I have with the concept of the monotheistic God as revealed by Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The following points should illustrate this: 1) That an omnipotent, omniscient and merciful God of judgement is self-contradictory. Now, general monotheistic...
  9. B

DMT And The Alien Abduction Experience

For a start, consider this, which comes from www.serendipity.li/dmt/cl_rpts.html : Not a 'genuine' alien abduction experience, but a report made by someone under the influence of the hallucinongen dimethyltryptamine - DMT for short. Extracts from another report...
  10. B

Waking Up Suddenly With A Choking Sensation

It happens to me quite a lot - that basically, I suddenly wake up with a feeling that something is stuck in my throat, and have to take a few gasps before I can begin breathing properly. It's pretty disconcerting, and I'm curious to find out what causes it. The only things I can think of so far...
  11. B

People with proven superhuman abilities.

I was reading about Willard Wigan the other day (www.willard-wigan.com - I think there's another thread about him on these boards somewhere, as well) - who is capable of what can only be termed as 'nanosculpture', without the aid of machinery or computers - and it struck me that his skill is...
  12. B

Bizarre household tips.

Following on from my thread about onions (and they effect they are supposed to have regarding drying paint), I thought a thread concerned with weird household tips (which seem to me to be at least partially related to ULs) might be of some use. Particulary when you hear a gem like this: Now...
  13. B

Life in the Undergrowth

Very enjoyable. David Attenborough delivers the goods once again. I have to say though... The centipede that squirts glue onto its prey was straight out of Lovecraft. While that other centipede, the 30 inch specimen that captures bats on the wing was a f*cking nightmare! The mating leopard...
  14. B

The Two Varieties Of Tabby Cat

Dunno if this should be on the cryptozoology page or not, but what the hell... Anyway, I heard a long time ago (don't know if it was a book, TV show or what) that the reason why there appear to be two varieties of domestic tabby cat - one with a stripy, 'tigerish' pattern to its coat, the...
  15. B

Ongoing experiment to see if an UL actually works...

Okay, I don't know if it really is an urban legend or not, but it goes something like this: I'm assuming this applies to gloss, which stinks something nasty while it's drying. Anyway, 'er indoors has been glossing the skirting boards and doorframes in the hall today, and as per my advice...
  16. B

Actors Cast Based On Their Physical Peculiarities

...is, in my opinion, 'The Aurora Encounter' (1986), based on the supposedly true UFO crash in Aurora, Texas, in 1897. I managed to see this on late night TV a few years ago. What struck me most about this film (aside from the fact that it treats a case widely considered a hoax as true) was...
  17. B

The Peers Wood 'Thing'...

This was all a long time ago, so forgive me if the details are hazy. It was about the early 80s. I was off from school for some reason, and found one of mum's wimmin magazines lying about. I casually flick through, and find an interesting 'True-Life Unexplained' story that such mags are wont...
  18. B

The strange and funny ways in which these aliens depart...

Sometimes they shrivel up. Sometimes they burn. Sometimes they squirt green blood. Rarely do they just lie there and be still. Popular culture has often determined that when an alien gets shot, bludgeoned to death, or whatever, it does not go down easily, but usually in a frenzy of sloughing...
Back