• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. F

Pre-Menstrual Tension - what's the most extreme case?

In other words, 10% of men have been forced by their partner to sleep on the sofa after an argument, and, rightly or wrongly, attributed it to PMT rather than accept any blame.
  2. F

Would you be Willing to Co-operate With Invading Benevolent Aliens?

I wonder what kind of society would attempt to execute a benevolent invasion. Is the idea that they're coming over here with some mutually beneficial proposal? What if despite all your research and careful planning, it all goes tits-up? You'd be faced with the choice between going home, having...
  3. F

Weird Personal Names

A few months ago I found an old file divider at work with the name Gay Moult on it. That made my day - in fact I think it was probably the most I've ever enjoyed my job. I was starting to wonder if I'd misread it or if it had been a terrible spelling mistake on the part of whoever wrote it on...
  4. F

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

:roll: Porcupine quills are not poisonous.
  5. F

Second Coming Of Christ

How did the sisters intend to produce proof that it was Christ? Did Jesus perform many miracles in his infancy?
  6. F

'Who Wants Free Money?'

From that article I found another about the police's attempts to get people to hand the money in, in case it was illicitly obtained. Now I think, if it's stolen money, fair enough, hand it in, but not until they know where it came from. You might not get it back if they find out it was that...
  7. F

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

*The* The Others, of the guerilla gigging and crack usage boasting (in which case, is Dominic Masters as much of a twat as he seems?), or just another band of the same name?
  8. F

Face Blindness / Prosopagnosia

Saw someone I know in the pub earlier. He was 'in context', in the right place and with the right people, but he'd straightened his hair so I didn't recognise him until someone used his name.
  9. F

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

The other day I was wearing a green t-shirt and an oddly-dressed lady (I think she was wearing a sari, although she didn't look asian) passed me in the street and barked "I could have done with that green top this morning!" at me.
  10. F

Local Urban Legends About Odd Or Dangerous Persons

Been reminded recently of some local stories (which may well be true, but I haven't heard any of them from reputable sources): There is a building in Birmingham city centre known as the 'shower curtain' (no idea what its real name is but I think it's a hotel). I've heard from several people...
  11. F

David Blaine: How Does He Do That?

Obviously Blaine has never watched Big Brother live.
  12. F

Ageing & Growing Old

The idea of women getting their pension earlier than men is ridiculous anyway. We have a longer life expectancy - if anything it should be the other way around!
  13. F

Face Blindness / Prosopagnosia

I'm quite bad with faces. I tend to recognise people initially by clothing style, haircut and body language. I have friends who are identical twins, and have had no difficulty telling them apart, and didn't even notice they were twins at first - I just thought they looked similar. I'm OK with...
  14. F

Coincidences

I don't think anyone would want to copy the BB "bunny girl" - she seems like an all-round horrible person, is intensely irritating and immature, and seems quite stupid too. The bunny outfit didn't stay on long after she got in the house - I think she felt as silly as she looked and got changed.
  15. F

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

Round here the local trains are cheaper, but what you say is still true. Maybe it's because trains require slightly more forward planning and effort, but if you plan properly your journey will usually be quicker, so they're less likely to be used by the randomly-straying mentally ill than normal...
  16. F

Tattoos

My aunt went to some lengths to find a dress that covered the tattoos on her arms. She told me that her mother had told her when she had them done, 20 or so years earlier, that she would regret it on her wedding day, and she turned out to be right, but how many 18-year-olds listen to their...
  17. F

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

There was a TV documentary about such pairs of twins a few months ago, but I can't remember what channel. I saw some on the cover of a newspaper recently as well.
  18. F

World's Youngest Mother (Lina Medina; Peru; 1939)

To be fair to the girl, I got sex education at primary school and off my parents, but at around her age I was only just learning, for example, that men get erections, or that you don't wee blood when you have a period. Everyone believes stupid stuff when they're 11. She deserves a slap for...
  19. F

Wild, Weird & Wacky Inventions

Something similar to that is being introduced here. Some bus shelters have LED displays in them saying how long it is until the next bus. Some of the buses have TVs on them too, but they don't tell you what the next stop is. I've only been living where I live for a few years and, coming from a...
  20. F

Dream Solutions (Insights Obtained From Dreaming)

I dream songs sometimes. Sometimes I forget them, sometimes I get up and write them down, and last time it happened, I realised a few hours later that it was part of an Arctic Monkeys song.
  21. F

Strange Crimes

Re: Whoa Nellie I would imagine that it would be quite obvious if someone was hiding a 4 by 10 inch cylinder in her vagina. I'm just not quite sure why the writer of this article needed the officials to specify why they searched her.
  22. F

Tipping The Scales: Tales Of The Super-Sized

I would imagine that the weight problem is not the reason for removing the thyroid, there's probably some other reason. My cat went blind and I think that might have had something to do with her thyroid.
  23. F

WhistlingJack - yes, that's the one. I don't think GadaffiDuck was saying that thyroid conditions don't cause propensity to weight gain, so much as that genetics is not an excuse for being obese, as even people with real medical conditions that cause weight gain can manage them and maintain...
  24. F

I do wonder that. I vageuly remember hearing about this teenage girl in the US who was so fat she couldn't get out of bed, who'd died, and her mother was being accused of negligence or something. The mother claimed it wasn't her fault that the girl been so fat because she was ordering take-aways...
  25. F

Gandhi let his wife die...

Is it not possible, if it is even true that Ghandi's wife had access to penicillin and didn't take it, that she had some kind of will of her own and could make up her own mind?
  26. F

Willing Yourself To Death?

I could when I was a kid, but somewhere along the line I seem to have lost the ability. I presume that if you kept practicing you'd never lose the ability.
  27. F

Curious Phobias & Irrational Fears

Was she scared of feathers in other contexts, or just on the bed? Your grandfather's fear at least has some kind of basis in reality - people could actually break into the house.
  28. F

Well he clearly either knew he was fucking a dead woman, which is necrophilia, or thought he was fucking an unconcious woman, which is rape. :roll:
  29. F

Curious Phobias & Irrational Fears

My dad has a phobia of chickens. This is extended to other birds, though mostly birds that have pointy-ish beaks and might peck, so to him, ducks aren't too bad but pigeons are pretty unpleasant. He does eat chicken but he won't prepare it if it still looks like a chicken. I had a housemate...
  30. F

People Who Are Discovered Or Re-Surface After Long Disappearances

But how could he have been killed in the war 13 years after it ended?
  31. F

Ageing & Growing Old

You mean used a phone without buttons? That's weird, because we had one of the old ones in the '80s, and someone I knew still had one in the late '90s. You'd think that most people over the age of about 19 must have encountered one of them at some point.
  32. F

Tattoo UL? (Tattoo Doesn't Mean What The Wearer Thought)

Perhaps the Chinese man meant courage, and the girl misunderstood and thought he meant the other kind of spunk.
  33. F

"Spunk" meaning semen? At least that's a vaguely appropriate thing to be tattooed on the arse of a stripper. But if it's spunk meaning courage, that's pretty similar to strength.
  34. F

A friend of mine recently got a phrase tattooed in Arabic on his forearm. It says something like "He who walks the path shall arrive" (allegedly). As it was his ex-girlfriend he got the phrase from, I wonder if it doesn't actually say "He who gets tattoos in languages he can't speak is rubbish...
  35. F

Muslim rejects 'sleeping divorce'

I guess she told her mates because she thought it was funny, or maybe she was upset by it. She obviously didn't bank on them being busybodies. They could always just get married again:
  36. F

Nude News: The Naked Truth

I frequently answer the phone naked. I sleep naked, so I'm hardly going to put clothes on to answer a phone in my room. Occasionally I'll make a call in the nude as well, if I need to call someone and can't be arsed getting out of bed. This 10% of people who wander off and leave the caller...
  37. F

A Drink (Or Other Casual Encounter) With The Devil

Re: All these purported sightings remind me of what happened Rubick did imply that his cousin was in his teens, and most teenagers are definitely not innocent. I suggest that it wasn't the Devil, just some creepy old tramp who thought he could get a bit of privacy by scaring the shit out...
  38. F

Weird Phone Calls From Unknown Lover

Plusk, you must be very brave. I think I would have had a heart attack. In my last house we used to get loads of calls for this bloke with an Arab name, can't remember what, some of which sounded like international calls. I felt kind of sorry for those people, as they were probably his...
  39. F

Ralph Nader's Shoes

I've certainly considered doing similarly myself, though I usually only think of it when it's too late. The problem is that you can't tell if a pair of shoes is going to be really comfortable until you've worn them a few times, and by that time the place you got them from probably only has the...
  40. F

Generations: Do They Describe You?

MTV generation seems to fit me reasonably well ("drifting dreamers").
  41. F

Can You Remember Your Earliest Dreams?

Aged about 4 - I'm in the shopping precinct in my home town. My skin turns to glass and I can't move. A man starts smashing me with a hammer. I'm hollow. Around the same time - Vague memories of a dream about monsters. Not a scary dream, more like the Muppets. Aged about 5 - Trying to...
  42. F

When To Stop Breast Feeding

Most people don't suck their milk straight out of the cow's tit, though. That's what I find weird about it. If you want to give your child breast milk after infancy, what's wrong with a cup?
  43. F

When To Stop Breast Feeding

(double post)
  44. F

Dreaming About Going To The Toilet And—Aaargh!

I've had the dream about needing the toilet a million times, but once I did actually wee in the dream, and didn't wet the bed. I did wake up though. I'm confused. Blowing on what??
  45. F

The Body's Natural Rejection Of Foreign Bodies

Re: Or Was She Just Needling Me? Probably doesn't happen very often. There'd be very little force on the object, and i guess that it would be moving around in stuff that's more easy to penetrate than the internal organs.
  46. F

Origin of the Striptease

:lol: How many "bits" can a dress be made of and yet still be fastened with a single zip? Surely there were strippers before 1928. This page claims she was faking orgasm onstage.
  47. F

Healthy Sex

Doesn't she think it might be a good idea to tell kids about sex *before* they start doing it? Or are we supposed to wait for them to have bad experiences before we give them advice?
  48. F

7 years is just ridiculous. Poor guy.
  49. F

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

I was always slightly disappointed when I went in planes that I never saw any angels on top of the clouds.
  50. F

Creepy Sleepwalkers/Talkers

I went out with a bloke who was very active in his sleep. Sometimes if you gave him a pen and paper he'd draw and write stuff. He also used to fall asleep on the sofa and expose himself to our housemates.
Back