• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. N

I Wanna See Personal Pictures Of Ghosts

ghost pic took this during the recent snowfall, the footprints are mine and i was on my own. scared me a little to be honest because you can make out some facial features if you look close. ghost
  2. N

Everyone Stare At The Sky And Tell Me If You See This...

yep sorry, low blood pressure it is, but how do you know your blood pressure isnt dropping when your not looking? sneaky little bugger that blood pressure.
  3. N

Everyone Stare At The Sky And Tell Me If You See This...

correct diagnosis on 1 and 2 they are whats known as floaters, however no 3 could be an indication of poor health, i believe they are a sympton of high blood pressure and also diabetes, you may want to check it out with your gp just to be safe.
  4. N

Bulgarian UFO Video

ufo footage ..
  5. N

Animal Children

im sure that a very similar story is lurking in a thread somewhere on the board, only that one had a family group of humanoids drinking from a river and eating fish. im gonna have a look round now.
  6. N

LOST

actually the accent was spot on for that part of australia, have you never heard of regional accents?.... when i say that part of australia what i mean is just that one house :wink:
  7. N

Strange Deaths

"victorian man dies in freak accident" i had to read that a couple of times before i realised victorian as in man from victoria not a man from the english victorian period. :oops:
  8. N

Munchausen Syndrome

shit, ive done it again i had a genuine fall from a ladder at work i fell about 8ft and bent my ankle over, i was in a hell of a lot of pain, but nothing that an ice pack and a bit of strapping couldnt have sorted, but what do i go and do when two guys are supporting me while i try to hop...
  9. N

A Code To Speed Up Pedestrian Crossing Lights

i take it nobody warned you not to mention trafic lights in front of me.
  10. N

dead neighbour returns

i havent seen lee today because we are working in different areas, but when i see him i'll try and get more info out of him. if any of you have any questions i'll put them to him. regarding the old lady, i got the impression that she and her late husband had rather ordinary conversations...
  11. N

dead neighbour returns

this morning at work a friend and coleague of mine related the following story. at about 10 pm lee and his wife julie were sitting watching tv in the lounge, suddenly julie let out a horrific scream and pointed to the window where both lee and julie could see an old man peering in. lee ran...
  12. N

Any ideas?

you say that the toilet is next to the front door, does that mean there is a window with the same aspect as the front door? could it possibly have been a reflection of dad in the toilet and maybe if dad opened the window the reflection would move along as if it was gliding. this might also...
  13. N

Floral Tributes & Roadside Memorials

on the M42 northbound just past oxford if i recall , there is not only a floral tribute but what looks like a well tended grave. it is surrounded by a tiny picket fence and always seems to have fresh flowers on it. it looks so out of place, and i am surprised it has not been removed, as it is...
  14. N

Bodies Entombed In Concrete (Buildings, Roadways & Other Structures)

it is highly unlikely that a body could be disposed of in any load carrying structure because when you pour concrete you are pouring it into a mould (called shuttering) which contains steel rods formed into a lattice (or a skeleton if you will). this leaves very little room to dispose of your...
  15. N

LOST

and perhaps its because locke is bald that there are no hair brushes! easy thing too miss when you are planning a massive deception and you dont use a brush yourself!!
  16. N

LOST

just to play devils advocate, what if locke could walk all along and in the flashbacks he really is a general in some kind of under cover government organisation, and the wheelchair is just a prop to help his cover story? we dont know for sure that the person he spoke to on the phone and asked...
  17. N

How it Should have Ended

star wars episode 3... 2 seconds before the rediculous nnnoooooooooooooooooo!!!
  18. N

Don't use the hot water!

no its copper oxide from corroded pipes that turns water blue.
  19. N

Don't use the hot water!

of course if you have a combination boiler your hot water is just as clean as your cold mains water, tho only thing you need worry about is exactly how clean your cold mains water is!. also be careful which plumber you call out to have a look at your tanks...
  20. N

Ghosts Of The West Midlands & Roundabouts - Any Stories?

"ghosts of the west midlands and roundabouts" i can understand the ghosts of the west midlands bit, but what in particular did you want to know about roundabouts?. maybe this will help.. http://www.roundaboutsofbritain.com/
  21. N

Ghosts Of The West Midlands & Roundabouts - Any Stories?

http://www.geocities.com/ghostsofredditch/pageone.htm
  22. N

Oh My God: They Killed Dave?

chas and dave are most definitely alive and original.
  23. N

Munchausen Syndrome

how did you finally get diagnosed? do want to tell us a little more about what happened to you? quick update on my situation for those who have been folowing it, since my last post i have been really well , with only one bad day a few weeks ago, i had to pull over in my car and have a...
  24. N

Strange St. Peter's photo

its all very well saying its a candle, but in the picture i can see 6 more candles as well as numerous other light sources/areas that have not been affected by camera shake, in fact the candles are reasonably well defined.
  25. N

Puzzling Proverbs

well not a compilment as such but its better than saying "oi hairy arse is it true you shit in the woods?"
  26. N

Swirling circle on the ceiling.

hang on, you have a light on the ceiling that hangs around for a bit and then leaves the room via the door, and your sorry it wasnt more entertaining.
  27. N

Puzzling Proverbs

squirrels have no use for salt so dont waste your time giving them any, ungrateful little buggers.
  28. N

Puzzling Proverbs

probably means something along the lines of be nice to your enemy while hes close enough to punch your lights out.
  29. N

Guinness: Its Nutritional / Medicinal Value

totally agree. you get a free pint at the top of the tower, and that was the best pint i have ever tasted.
  30. N

Guinness: Its Nutritional / Medicinal Value

just flown back from dublin where i took time out to visit the new and improved guiness factory/museum. contrary to popular belief there is no difference between guiness made in ireland and guiness made abroad, and irish guiness is not made with water from the river liffey. it was suggested...
  31. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

just watched it. just brilliant an excellent piece of entertainment .
  32. N

Tapping The Can & Urban Legends You Thought Were Completely True

dunno if its just me but ( and this makes me sound like my grandad) im sure coca cola isnt as as volatile as it was in my day. you only had to give it a stearn look and it would fizz away to nothingness when you opened it.
  33. N

A Devil on the Rooftop?

those pesky cows, do they run around on your roof often???
  34. N

Crisps (Potato Chips & Similar Snacks)

dunno if it still works, but my mum used to put black crisp packets (space raiders and monster munch) under the grill to make a perfectly proportioned minature crisp packet. they turned out slightly crinkly and about the size of a passport photo. i used to sell them at school and made a...
  35. N

Making Traffic Lights Turn Green

1 converted 3.4 million to go.
  36. N

no im seriously sorry, its just one of those things that really irritate me. i have had a long term debate with my mate ,who even after being physically shown the proof about traffic lights, from letters from the dept of transport and traffic light makers, still flashes his lights at...
  37. N

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for gods sake how many times do i have to type the words MAGNETIC INDUCTION LOOP!!!!!!!!! (please read earlier posts in this thread.)
  38. N

i was being sarcastic, it was the fact that the car was metal that made it affect the magnetic induction loop in the road, not the fact that it was a saab.
  39. N

notice also that the site refers to american traffic lights.
  40. N

yes saabs are made of metal, hence they affect magnetic induction loops. are you guys just doing this to wind me up?
  41. N

ok heres a challenge for you....... using the internet find me a light sensor that can tell the differance between daylight and headlights, that would work from dusk til dawn and not be affected by low winter sun. believe me i have done a lot of research. i repeat, there is not one traffic...
  42. N

Footprints on the Ceiling

when carpets are stored on building sites.................... :wink:
  43. N

Question About Watches (I Seem to Kill Them)

this is actually caused by lack of sex, give me a call if i can help in any way :wink:
  44. N

no no no no no no no, the sensors on the top of temporary traffic lights are movement sensors, they sense how long traffic has been stationary. if they were light sensors how would they work in daylight??
  45. N

s,ok i didnt mean to pick on you, awww come ere
  46. N

Eerie Traffic Lights

as a kid i used to wedge a match stick in the "push to cross" button, which has the same effect you described. probably a copy cat crime.
  47. N

Footprints on the Ceiling

just a quick line to point out a possible explanation to the garage footprints and maybe some others. when a house is under construction there are always pallets of plasterboard or drywall slap bang in the middle of where you want to work, so what do you do ? well you walk over them in your...
  48. N

there is not one traffic light in the uk that can be affected by flashing your lights, i have just typed out a long and fascinating list of reasons why it would not work but it got lost in the ft black hole. suffice to say the lights are controlled by programmes that are run from the grey...
Back