• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. I

"Thing In The Attic/Cellar" Stories

Is it me, or when a significant number of people recall attic/basement events, attics are remembered from the bottom of the stairs or ladders looking up, while basements are almost always seen from the top of the stairs looking down? Bachelard postulated something similar in The Poetics of Space
  2. I

Crisis Apparitions--Any New Cases?

Storm - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you. But your story is almost a carbon copy of my own. My Dad died of cancer in June 06. The night of the day he died, my Mam's friend had a dream about my Dad. Apparently he appeared to her saying that he was fine. She didn't find...
  3. I

Lights on my stairs

Hello. A bit of an update on things. No more lights around the area on the stairs of my house which in one way is good but in another way is slightly disheartening. BUT! I was lying in bed a few nights ago and our poor little boy has been suffering with a hellish cold. As such, I have been...
  4. I

Lights on my stairs

I've seen them again. Once tonight and once last week. Last week I was walking along our landing and as I was approaching our bedroom door, to the lower right of me I saw what I can best describe as a fleeting irridescence that looked like a string of diamonds, perhaps around half a foot long...
  5. I

The Philosophy Student

Again, slightly OT, I saw a students trig papers in Maths once and the question said 'On the adjacent triangle, find x' (where x was the length of one of the triangles sides). He drew an arrow pointing towards the letter x and wrote next to it... 'Here it is' What a knob.
  6. I

Lights on my stairs

I didn't want to post this in the original message as I knew what it might insinuate, but we lost my Dad not too long ago and as much as I'm reticent to start making a connection between the lights and my Dad, it's certainly in my mind.
  7. I

Lights on my stairs

Hiya everyone. Something strange happened yesterday and as strange as it was my reaction was almost as weird. I'll post and you can decide for yourself. We live in an end terrace Victorian house. Its a little bigger than a two up and two down but I guess it's along the same lines. We have...
  8. I

Strange Sleep/Waking Voice

Hypnagogia - wonderfully strange. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogic
  9. I

Freaky Video

It reminded me of Vivians sock in The Young Ones episode where they visit the laundry. Viv - 'Get in the sack sock' Sock - 'I'm not going in there, it stinks'!!! Don't know which was more amusing........
  10. I

Ghost Hitchhiker video

There is some toss out there that passes for art, but this certainly isnt it.
  11. I

Top Ten Ghost Pictures - Breakout

I think you have to question the ability of the photographer firstly. For starters, the composition has a set of handlebars jutting in the frame so if they were not bothered about having that in there, why would they pay attention to the background?? However, the supposed figure that is...
  12. I

Rotating Lights In The Sky

They are often used by pubs and clubs to attract folk. Theres a place in Worcester that use them, you can see them for miles and miles. Also, my home town of barrow in furness had a set mounted on the top of the town hall, as well as the two nearest towns also had some, a kind of weird spotlight...
  13. I

Technical question concerning Digital photography

I take on board what you say but I'm not sure I'm convinced. A digital camera has a sensitive chip called a CCD (Charged Coupled Device) which in basic terms transfers the light entering the lens into the picture that you eventually see. If the camera, media card or CCD has malfunctioned in...
  14. I

Technical question concerning Digital photography

its very easy to produce that sort of image. You import one image into Photoshop, get the second, increase the transparency and lay it over the top of the first. et voila.
  15. I

bunnyman

Yes you can, I was in the river Lune three times over the summer........
  16. I

The Blair Witch Project

Were you as dissapointed as me that there was no witch in it? The title of the film was clearly a ploy to lure inquisitive witch watchers in and then not deliver.......BAH......
  17. I

bunnyman

there was a feature on one of those terrible shows with linda blair something like "worlds most scariest place/ghost's/voiceover/overacting', something like that. As far as I can remember, they rounded up a load of American teens, told them a load of history about 'Bunnyman Bridge' dropped them...
  18. I

Ghost Cars / Road Vehicles: Sightings; Videos; Etc. (Not IHTM)

Hmmmm, thats kind of Blair Witchy style. YouTube is such a good thing. There is a lot of crap on there but some absolute gems too.
  19. I

Ghost Cars / Road Vehicles: Sightings; Videos; Etc. (Not IHTM)

It looks different to the ghost car that Chief Wiggum and Homer witnessed in The Simpsons....... :lol: :lol:
  20. I

An American Haunting

I watched the DVD last night, anyone else completely and utterly dissapointed by it?
  21. I

'seeing' thoughts

This thread got me thinking of something that I used to do as a kid. When I was going to sleep, I used to lay face down on my pillow and after a short amount of time, what seemed like a yellow-ish blob would form in my vision. Slowly, it would stretch out and bend round to form what looked like...
  22. I

Creepy Sleepwalkers/Talkers

Not quite sleep walking/talking etc, but my Dad used to have the worst cases of night terrors ever. At the dead of night he would just suddenly start screaming for no reason at all. I mean, totally blood curdling screams. Even the slightest sound of me coming in after a night out e.g me...
  23. I

Hypnagogic Cat & Mouse

Yep, I've had pretty much exactly the same experience when I lived with my Mam & Dad, but with me it was often as I woke. I used to think that it was the dog that had jumped up on the bed, but it always seemed too light for that. Far from being comforting, it really used to freak me out :shock:
  24. I

The Queen Mary: Haunted?

Nothing Max, it really doesn't matter. Cheers DPL, I might just do that!!
  25. I

I agree Max, I mean that fact that hammy actors running around on it are rubbish :roll: :roll:
  26. I

Awww, thats rubbish. I was hoping that the demure spectacle of such a wondeful looking ship would be done justice by the people who worked there, not some namby pamby 'act-tor' hamming up the haunting's. Such a shame.
  27. I

Apologies if I'm going over old ground here but I stumbled across the website of The Queen Mary liner that is no longer in use. Some webcams on here show a reputidly haunted swimming pool. The whole ambiance of the place is great IMO. Really dig the 20's & 30's Art Deco vibe that is...
  28. I

Bell Witch: An Unusual Case

I've just completed an A Level in photography, some of the horrors that people presented as 'abstract' were spookily like, er, crap photo's. And I agree, a lot of supernatural photo entities, IMO, are often mucky lenses, wrist straps or as mentioned, crap photographers. Presumably, if the...
  29. I

Bell Witch: An Unusual Case

I'm staggered that such a picture has even been considered to be paranormal. It really does look like shockingly bad camera useage.
  30. I

Silent Hill

Silent Hill Film I remember playing Silent Hill when I got my first PlayStation and now it seems the film is about to hit the big screen. The trailer looks farily true to the game, so I hope its gonna be good.
  31. I

Creepy Cumbrian clinic (pics)

If Withnail & I had arrived in that place instead of Penrith, who knows how the film would have panned out... 'We're not from London you know, we want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now, oooh and a go on that macabre looking gadgetry you have over...
  32. I

Creepy Cumbrian clinic (pics)

As a Cumbrian born and bred, I have to say that this freaks me out. Can I ask where the cottage is? If its somewhere like Egremont or Cockermouth then I'd be really worried. :shock: :shock:
  33. I

Friends house continues to puzzle....

Some time ago I posted a thread for a friend of mine who had experienced some strange goings on in the family home. I kind of lost contact with him, but I bumped into his brother last week who told me of a weird happening that took place just after Christmas. My friend and his bro had not...
  34. I

Runcorn Old Police Station

Feckin Hell, if you are planning a night out in Penrith, then you are plenty brave enough to visit your police cells in the heart of night. Speaking as a Cumbrian, there be few places scarier than Penrith on a Saturday night after a belly full of ale. Take care. Really. :wink:
  35. I

Derek Acorah's Ghost Town Live

Farce. Disasterous prattle of the highest order. And Ms Westbrook would do well to open her mouth when she speaks instead of having her teeth clenched together. Absolute piffle.
  36. I

MH

Anyone know when or if the next series will hit the screen?
  37. I

Space Tourism

http://www.virgingalactic.com Mr B's menu of space delectation...... Anyone lend me $200,000?
  38. I

Pan-Dimensional Shambler

I had a friend who, in every corner of every room had opposite poiting arrows drawn on the walls. I asked him what they were for and he said that they stopped Pan-Dimesional Shamblers from materialising (as they could only enter our dimension at the point where walls converge)...
  39. I

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Stuart from Most Haunted Whats the deal with Stu's loss of hair? Is it a pro active choice, thus streamlining of his ghost hunting technique or has he been unwell??
  40. I

It will happen to me ....

Ooohhh, this is good this is.
  41. I

Camel spiders

hey there, My boss came in today and was telling us about her husband to be who used to be in the Army and served some time in Iraq. She told us of his run in with these lovely little beasties called Camel Spiders. And it goes something like this.... There are these huge feck off siders...
  42. I

Tony Stockwell: The Psychic Detective

Call me cynical, but I think the only activity that Mr Stockwell will be sensing in increase in his bank account activity, from the residual interest of viewers via Living TV.
  43. I

Buildings Converted Into Houses Or Other Residences

I remember in 1999 when three friends and I were travelling across the US. We arrived in a small town called Mantle, which was either in Utah or Arizona. We got in about 10 o'clock in the evening and stupidly had not booked any accomodation in advance. It was in the midddle of summer so we...
  44. I

Stone Stacks (Inukshuks / Inuksuks, etc.)

Found this in a book I picked up while in Seattle: An Inukshuk is a stone monument erected in the image of a human. It communicated direction in the harsh and desolate Arctic, sometimes stored caches of food and was a tool for survival. Symbolic of the act of an unselfish nomadic people, they...
  45. I

Would you buy a Haunted House?

To those who said yes... dont you care that your intimacy would go out the window? To those who are supposedly living with one, how do you cope with the fact that someone might always be watching? Who says that they cant see you anyway?? Does that mean that only in a property or location that...
  46. I

If You Were A Ghost, Where Would You Haunt?

Where will you haunt????????? Assuming you are not tied to the place that you die, where would be the first place you head off to rattle your chains as a ghosty??
  47. I

Misperceptions

I think most folks get spasms from time to time. I usually get them in my leg. The muscle twitches and if you were in a certain frame of mind, you could almost think an invisible finger had just prodded you. Happens more when I'm tired.... :cry:
  48. I

The Horror Of Open Fields (Panic Induced In Open Spaces)

M+e, I totally understand what you mean. I grew up in the Lakes and more often than not you could hear calls and howls from animals off about their business during the night. I suppose thats why I dont really get so freaked when I'm in the woods at night. Not that I hang around woods at...
  49. I

Borley Rectory

Hey Deke, Had any ghostly-type/strange occurences around the furniture??
  50. I

Do You Recall? Half-Remembered British Television Shows [60s, 70s & 80s]

I think that the videos/DVD's are available on amazon. The book should be available pretty freely I think.
Back