• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. I

Lights on my stairs

Hiya everyone. Something strange happened yesterday and as strange as it was my reaction was almost as weird. I'll post and you can decide for yourself. We live in an end terrace Victorian house. Its a little bigger than a two up and two down but I guess it's along the same lines. We have...
  2. I

An American Haunting

I watched the DVD last night, anyone else completely and utterly dissapointed by it?
  3. I

The Queen Mary: Haunted?

Apologies if I'm going over old ground here but I stumbled across the website of The Queen Mary liner that is no longer in use. Some webcams on here show a reputidly haunted swimming pool. The whole ambiance of the place is great IMO. Really dig the 20's & 30's Art Deco vibe that is...
  4. I

Friends house continues to puzzle....

Some time ago I posted a thread for a friend of mine who had experienced some strange goings on in the family home. I kind of lost contact with him, but I bumped into his brother last week who told me of a weird happening that took place just after Christmas. My friend and his bro had not...
  5. I

Derek Acorah's Ghost Town Live

Farce. Disasterous prattle of the highest order. And Ms Westbrook would do well to open her mouth when she speaks instead of having her teeth clenched together. Absolute piffle.
  6. I

MH

Anyone know when or if the next series will hit the screen?
  7. I

Pan-Dimensional Shambler

I had a friend who, in every corner of every room had opposite poiting arrows drawn on the walls. I asked him what they were for and he said that they stopped Pan-Dimesional Shamblers from materialising (as they could only enter our dimension at the point where walls converge)...
  8. I

Fakery Tomfoolery

One of my friends came to visit last night, whom I havent seen for ages. He reminded me of the time that an accomplace and I installed 4 lifesized paper mache models of 'typical grey' aliens with gloss black eyes outside his bedroom window at 2am. (He lived in a bungalow at the time). Shortly...
  9. I

Powere Station mischief

I work for a company that deals with security guards and after speaking to a client today, he relayed the following which happend to him on Monday night. His name is Tony. It goes thus..... Tony was guarding a site near Reading that has a delapadated power station on its site. It is...
  10. I

Lack of fully formed human apparitions

I was thinking the other day that in a lot of the older cases of ghosts being photographed (say, pre 1975-80) there seemed to be a larger number of photo's that had definitive human type figures present. Where as these days, orbs are the in thing. You cant help but be swamped with alledged...
  11. I

Red Rose Radio / Radio Lancashire Ghost stories....

You will have to excuse me for dredging this up again as I have posted something like this before (got little response then!!), but I heard a colleague talking today and it got me thinking...... There was a radio show on Red Rose radio or maybe Radio Lancashire about 10 years ago that was put...
  12. I

Ghosts of Greys....

Derek ascends to new heights of psychical shenanigans......I dont know wether to laugh or cry.
  13. I

Furness Abbey

I travelled back to my hometown of Barrow in Furness last weekend and while I was there, I went for a walk around the ruins of Furness Abbey. Brilliant place, not the slightest bit spooky in daylight, gothic horror extravaganza from about dusk onwards! Anyway, my other half bought me a cool...
  14. I

Coronation Street Star Peter Baldwin Reads Ghost Stories

Does anyone remember the guy who used to play Derek Wilton on Coronation Street (ashamed as I am to even type that sentence)?? I seem to recall that a number of years ago he had a radio show on a station like Red Rose (Lancashire) or Radio 2 on a Sunday evening. It was on at about 9pm and he...
  15. I

Utter Panic

I was on a training course last week and had to travel to Kidderminster to attend. Never been there before but it seemed like an OK place to me. Anyway, did the course which went without incident, left the college and I set off back to the car. Ive heard of panic descending onto people for no...
  16. I

Space Elevators

Heard a news programme on Radio 4 the other day talking about the feasibility of the Space Elevator. Anyone heard of this before? Think it was in one of Arthur C Clarkes Oddessey books.....
  17. I

Stolen Car Urban Myth

Probably heard this one before, but someone mentioned it to me the other day & it still made me laugh. Man has recently bought brand new car, leaves home one day to find new car stolen. AARRRGGH! Insurance claims, taxi fares to work and reports to the police ensue. Very depressed, man...
  18. I

For a friend

My friend told me about a few things that happened to him when he was younger so I said I’d post them on here to get some of yer views…….. He typed the following… From the day I was born until I was eight, I lived with my Mum, my Aunt, my cousin and my Grandmother in a four-bedroom house...
  19. I

"Everything's going to be alright"

Was told this today and wondered if anyone had any views on what it might be or perhaps had a similar experience?? My friend is studying to be a teacher. She is in her final year and is approaching the end of her teaching practice. Today she got up for work as normal and as she was getting...
  20. I

Gray abductions in crowded places

Has anyone read any material that documents someone being abducted from a room full of people or when the others present were'nt asleep?
  21. I

Blue Bar

In 1994 while staying at my girlfriends house, I woke in the night and as it was the middle of summer, was about to get out of bed & get a drink from the kitchen downstairs. My girlfriend at the time had a real thing about there having to be as little light as possible entering the room from...
Back