• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. C

Northern Ireland suicide pact?

This looks to be a possible UL in the making resulting from the usual mixture of panic, sad events and good intentions (certainly Cassidy appears to have no concrete proofs for his assuptions, or if he has he's not produced them). http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6761965.stm
  2. C

FT221

Another person not particularly happy about the corpse photo here. I don't like to think of FT caving to any kind of 'moral majority' and going on a censorship kick but like the 'frogbaby' photo this just seemed ghoulish and disrespectful.
  3. C

The Naked Civil Servant(s) In The 21st Century!

I've never worked at DEFRA, but until late last year I lived in a household composed of someone who worked in the complaints department at the DWP, someone who did a very similar job at DEFRA, and someone who manned an IT helpdesk. On cold nights, you could actually see the will to live...
  4. C

The Naked Civil Servant(s) In The 21st Century!

This would be the DEFRA which is almost entirely staffed by short term, poorly trained, agency workers due to a budgeting loophole. Meaning that even when the agency staff are conscientious and non-vomitty the very few experienced permanent staff spend as much time cleaning up their mistakes...
  5. C

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

I'm less than six steps from Leon Trotsky (via Arthur Ransome). And to continue a theme, I 'm friends with a chap whose mother was pursued by Jimmy Saville as a teen.
  6. C

Profanity Writ Large (In Gardens, Lawns, Landscapes, Etc.)

Oh huzzah, spookdaddy's sixth form. HUZZAH. Hat = decidedly doffed.
  7. C

Cartoon I Can't Remember The Name Of

Heh. I used to share a house with a scaffolder when Bravestar was airing, and this cartoon was a craze amongst his team for some reason. The sight of a gang of hairy arsed scaffs flinging tubes to each other while shouting 'Strength of the bear - bear - bear -bear...' will live in my brain for...
  8. C

Curious Phobias & Irrational Fears

I have the exact same thing. What makes it worse is that my dentist - while competent as a dentist - has very little empathy, and can't seem to get her head around the phobia despite having seen me cheerfully breeze through any and all other non-extraction treatment, but cry like a baby during...
  9. C

Your initials spell your doom?

My initials. C.O.C. Hmm. Ooh. As a point of possible mild interest, we've just realised that my partner's initials spell out their first name (or at least the most common short version of their first name, which is what they go by in daily life). As far as we know it wasn't deliberate.
  10. C

Needle Panics

This one was just sent 'round my place of work in Bristol. (The exact same email, citing festival park odeon). I'd have said something, but emails like these just makes me tired. (plus I like my boss and didn't want to seem as if I was being picky at him).
Back