• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. M

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

The 'It Happened To Me' book is filled with wonderful accounts that I'd forgotten about. I still like the 'cooker on fire' story... Dan doesn't post any more. He drank of a certain draught and everything changed. "I knew myself at the first breath of this new life, to be more wicked..."...
  2. M

Barnsbury Estate Ghost

A request for help from a long lost board fictionsuit! My sister is currently doing some research into a reported haunting in East London during the early 1980s. The events took place on the Barnsbury Estate in Islington; as far as we can tell, a family was rehoused due to extensive...
  3. M

Portal in the cupboard

My sister's cat once vanished from a locked and sealed flat and re-appeared in a friend's place, three blocks down, which was likewise locked up. Mystery never solved, cat looked incredibly smug though.
  4. M

Norman Time Travellers (TV Show; 1970's)

Henry Lincoln, maybe? He used to do 'high strangeness of the week' type shows around that time. I think.
  5. M

The Origins Of The Goetia

Threadrot - we really need a pronunciation thread around here. I always thought is was either Go-eesh-ya or Go-eti-ka. Neither of which seem especially impressive now I come to think of it.
  6. M

Hypersigils

The various encyclopaedic references to Tlon and Uqbar would surely qualify as the most important hyper sigils of the twentieth century.
  7. M

The Transdimensional Gas Station

The above point about the gas station (if it really was something spooky, that is) drawing attention to itself. Seems to happen an awful lot, doesn't it? Like cars inexplicably stalling when Bigfoot or a UFO turns up. We've always worked on the assumption that these things generate some kind...
  8. M

Subscription Problems

Aw, look. They've sent me another copy of 200. I might do some Burroughs style cut up on it so it looks like the new one. Sigh. I could have been to Smiths in the last three weeks and bought one. Wonder if the subs are falling at all?
  9. M

Subscription Problems

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the latest one in the UK. Will kick off on Monday morning. Not great, is it?
Back