• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

Cables From The Sky

And for the uninitiated they would be...? :)
  2. A

Cables From The Sky

From page one: Ok, just another nutty, clutching at straws, 'tin foil hat' idea. :D What about a government created weather manipulating machine. I've heard conspiracy theories about it for years but haven't actually read up on the subject, if indeed there is anything to read.? The...
  3. A

Purported Alien video to be shown Friday

Film Of 'Living Alien' To Be Shown Hi all, been away for a while. :) Saw this though and thought of here: From BTYahoo! News: Appolagies if it's been posted else where on the board already. Reminds me of that Stargate SG1 episode where the wealthy company owner calls a press conference...
  4. A

Please Explain

Well you never know, in the middleages or before it could have been farmland? Same with the buffalo thing nightmonkey, do you live in a country where buffalo once roamed or still does? Apart from that, maybe it's an old survival thing from cavemen times, as apparently so many things are! :p I...
  5. A

Fortean Scans

With that thread title I was expecting to see scan images of babies with horns!
  6. A

Coincidences

I got a newsletter posted through my door today, one I've never seen before. It's by my local Evangelical Church.
  7. A

Coincidences

Bah! :shock: I'm starting to get worried now, if not incredibly paranoid. Ok, because of the Sunday School education I got as a child I've always been terrified of hell, the devil, and God! I calmed down a lot some years ago but I try and stay away from the subject. For instance I have...
  8. A

Useful Applications

I found the information! Woo-Hoo! :D The only bit I couldn't copy and paste is the headers: Problem Video Hardwear error The date, and Status (Not reported) This is the rest: It's just a good few years back now a friend discovered a virus on my computer, she said it was a...
  9. A

Useful Applications

Hello Arthur, thank you for your reply. :) However, you do know that I'm completely dumb when it comes to computers right?! ;) OK, I'll try my best. All I first got was a small pop up window saying Windows had an error and to click here to fix it. I clicked, then clicked on what the problem...
  10. A

Useful Applications

Hi all, I wondered if anybody that could, would, help me out with a problem? I've got about three different types of anti-virus, anti spyware, flame wall stuff that's always interupting my browsing with updates, down loads and restarts. Norton did a full system scan last night and came up...
  11. A

Haunted Children's Toys

:shock: Why do I always read these things, alone, in the early hours, when it's dark... :shock: :roll:
  12. A

Telepathy & Kids

That reminds me TVgeek. A few years ago now my mum was woken from her sleep by hearing her son (My brother, obviously) calling her in a really distressed way. He was out, and she looked at the clock, it was around 11.00 pm. She was so worried she tried to call him but got no answer. He came...
  13. A

Is it only me?

No, I never win anything on it either. ;) Lol, seriously, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. You might find this thread: http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... highlight= and this one: http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28407 Quite interesting. :)
  14. A

Haunted Hairdresser Shop

And then get scared and run away! :P Sorry, I just thought they were supposed to be the pros'. ;) Thanks for the links though, will go and check them out now. :)
  15. A

Haunted Hairdresser Shop

Oh, you get a certificate now?! :P Obviously they were professionals then? ;) Perhaps from the 'Most Haunted' school of investigation?
  16. A

KNBC Top 15 Ghost Photos

I found when I looked at that one, the baby also looks like it has an arm around it, and hand visible. A kind of face is behing her/him to the right but that's probibly my brain and similcara (spl?) after the arm thing. I found the first few hard to swallow, especially the geezer in the...
  17. A

World’s Longest Diary

Sounds like the poor bloke had obsessive compulsive disorder to me.
  18. A

Zoe'sArk - "humanitarian hardliners" or "t***

Re: Zoe'sArk - "humanitarian hardliners" or " Isn't doing something Illegaly, like abduction, dishonest?! It is a strange tale. :? I can understand some times you're so fustraited by red tape whilst people suffer needlessly but then taking matters into your own hands can compound things...
  19. A

The legless whistling phantom of Woolton

So I'm the only idiot that got well and truely spooked and had to sleep with the light on? :? :roll: :D :lol:
  20. A

The legless whistling phantom of Woolton

OMG :shock: Jeeze, that creeped me out and gave me the shivers! :shock: Holy mother of... *Is well spooked* One thing I didn't quite get - The ghost has struck before then? Hayleys' wasn't the first sighting of him? I wonder if he was just going along a 'recorded' pathway (Like the...
  21. A

Mediums

I phoned a psychic line about 7-8 years back now. The guy said, "You're black aren't you?" I'm white. :roll:
  22. A

Haunted swing

what about pipe work underneath? Or a wind pathway? (You know what I mean! ;) :D ) Or the mechanisim at the top attaching it to the swing, weights even?! Why would the police get involved anyway? hhmmm. Suppose I best go check out the link really. EDIT: Watched the clip. If you...
  23. A

A Question on Reincarnation

I wouldn't. Unless I could come back as someone rich, secure, sorted, and cursed with good luck no matter what I do. :p Otherwise, no thanks! :)
  24. A

Strange Sleep/Waking Voice

What about everyday sounds getting into dreams? Like when you dream a telephone is ringing on and on and wake up, and the 'phone is actually ringing. lol I've done that with my alarm too. :lol: I experriance hypnogogic sounds quite often, usually loud bangs.
  25. A

Haunted Children's Toys

I did have a plastic doll when I was little that I dispised and hated being near. I just got the vibe from it that it was pure evil. It was the eyes, they *looked* at you. :shock: :lol: Never did anything, or nothing happened with it. It was just born that way I reckon. ;)
  26. A

Haunted Children's Toys

Reminds me of a few years ago now, when I was living in a place with wierd goings on (Spook spotted, loud noises from unoccupied rooms, toilet roll unraveling by itself ect.). God daughter got freaked by a Barbie horse she had. It was supposed to neigh and make other horsey noises. Started on...
  27. A

Black Sheep

Thank you for all the replies and info everyone. :yeay: Sounds good to me. :) A little bit of gore, tension, and toilet humor sounds like my ideal :D Besides, I've seen so many dissapointing films lately, it seems, begings, middles and endings, are out as far as plot lines go atm. Or even...
  28. A

Newspaper Ad (Power of Prayer?)

Wasn't sure where to put this so chose this section. :p Some posters might be quite familiar with pursuing the small adds for the wierd ones. I've heard some publications are quite well known for it. Well not in my local free rag, ....usually. I was actually looking at the lost and found...
  29. A

Forteans & Sex

You just happened to be digging in your allotment naked ah Fro? ;) :D Back ot. I don't think you can generalise Forteans into a group that's more interested in reading, or participating in, kinky sex. Personnaly, I haven't looked at the wierd sex thread myself, doesn't really interest me...
  30. A

Wakefield Roman ghost?

That was cool. :yeay: The thing that seemed wierd to me (Appart from the shape that was deffinatly there, but didn't look like a Roman soilder to me.) was perspective. When the figure first appears, it seems to me like it's standing on the edge of the pathway, facing outwards, a fair...
  31. A

Learned Spooks?

I wonder then, if there is a way of checking to see if it's on ley lines?
  32. A

Learned Spooks?

Are they particulaly old buildings? Maybe they were used for other housing needs and businesses before becoming unis? Also, some say ghosts need a lot of energy to show themselves, maybe it's because of all the alive students that they are there?
  33. A

Black Sheep

:shock: :rofl: Is this an actual film or just a spoof trailor? (Trailor linked on front page.) If it is a film, it looks hillarious!
  34. A

Scared Of The Dentist? You Will Be!

I was just catching up on this thread eariler and then came across this from BTYahoo! news:
  35. A

AAP Sighting, Southampton,Hampshire 27/07/2007

That would be really cool to see, thanks for the tip HopoUK. :D I know I've got some binoculars somewhere, I'll have to dig them out. :yeay: Umm, rynner, I'll have to go to the mods on that link as it works fine for me. I'll gather some assistance and hopefully you'll be able to view it...
  36. A

Thanks for that rynner, but that's another one to add to the list then. :shock: The pilot in question (From the Jersey sighting.) was also on Richard and Judy ( :oops: Yeah I was watching it! :D ). He described his sighting as yellow and grey, like a huge CD. The bottom was yellow he...
  37. A

Hi L_double, thanks for your report. I remember a while ago a pilot flying back from Jersy to Southampton who also spotted a UFO, and within a week, there was a report in The Echo about a (Taped I belive) sighting in Thornhill. They were both this year, a few months back. I'll try Googling...
  38. A

Irish UFO Sightings / Incidents / Etc.

Read this on BT Yahoo news and thought others might find it interesting too: *As an aside, I hadn't heard that statement before. Is it well known and I just missed it?!
  39. A

Meteorite Makes Villagers Ill (Carancas, Peru; 2007)

Yeah, the boiling water had me thrown. (Vomiting from gas was easy, that stuff's all over the universe! ;) ) To my knowledge, apart from commets with ice middles (And remember, this is my knowledge, so it's quite thin. ;) ) no other water sources have been confirmed anywhere else in the...
  40. A

When is a werewolf not a werewolf?

Have you caught up with him again yet? Would love to hear the story. :)
  41. A

Coincidences

Hee hee, I was just watching the horror film Critters on BBC1. I have the windows open as I've recently been painting. A car went past blaring out music, "I can feel it comming in the air tonight.." Oh great I thought, Phill Collins. At that very moment there was a scene in the film at a...
  42. A

'Six Degrees Of Separation'

I'm related to my brother (! ;) :P ) who was once lost in Tyrel and Greens looking for the bra department (He was picking one up for his girlfriend, honest! ). Who should ask him if he's ok and then take him there but Charley Dimmock! :lol: I also when young, used to live in the same...
  43. A

Moving Bookcase

Me too Aarauer, bloody hurts sometimes doesn't it? I was going to ask the same strength question but with alcohol instead of sleeping. I know people feel pain less when drunk - I once bumped into a friend whos arm was in plaster. She recounted to me she'd been out for a drink a few nights...
  44. A

When is a Kilogram Not a Kilogram? (Kg Reference Standard)

Taken from Yahoo! News:
  45. A

Police seek ID of naked, gas mask-wearing male

So let me get this right, the guy was white? And wearing a gas mask. Uumm, what colour was he again, it's so hard to tell from that report. And what was it he was wearing again, some kind of mask?...;) :P Sounds like some kinky game of S & M to me.
  46. A

car alarm oddity

Thanks for the reply markbellis. :) Both times I was wearing black, and I don't wear any jewellery. The night before last I did carry a big rubber coated torch so maybe it was that?
  47. A

car alarm oddity

I've had a couple of wierd car alarm incidents. In 2005 I was out walking with a friend and as I went past a van, but in no way touched it, the alarm sounded until I passed. It didn't happen with my friend so we tried a few experiments. It only ever did it when I walked past. The night...
  48. A

Scared Of The Dentist? You Will Be!

They've been at it again! (Why are fake dentists always men?!) From BT Yahoo! news:
  49. A

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

After reminising with my family the other day, I remembered another one. For years I really did think ash, "Is good for the carpet." and wondered why! :oops: :D
  50. A

The Coffee Thread

A friend of mine gave up caffine by swapping every other cup with a decaff. I think you can get half caff now which will help wean you off better. Then when used to that swapping another cup and so on. Watch out for really bad headaches the first couple of days though, shakes, and feeling...
Back