• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

Newspaper Ad (Power of Prayer?)

Wasn't sure where to put this so chose this section. :p Some posters might be quite familiar with pursuing the small adds for the wierd ones. I've heard some publications are quite well known for it. Well not in my local free rag, ....usually. I was actually looking at the lost and found...
  2. A

Black Sheep

:shock: :rofl: Is this an actual film or just a spoof trailor? (Trailor linked on front page.) If it is a film, it looks hillarious!
  3. A

Irish UFO Sightings / Incidents / Etc.

Read this on BT Yahoo news and thought others might find it interesting too: *As an aside, I hadn't heard that statement before. Is it well known and I just missed it?!
  4. A

When is a Kilogram Not a Kilogram? (Kg Reference Standard)

Taken from Yahoo! News:
  5. A

Help Identifying an unkown creature.

Well, to me and a few others anyway! I've never seen one before in my life. The was a creature making it's way up an internal wall. To describe it, it was around 1.5 by 0.5 cm and a silver grey colour, with a look of faux fur. Every once in a while something would come out the top. The tip...
  6. A

Diet Pill 'Made Children Smart'

From AOL News:
  7. A

MoD defends psychic powers tests

I read this on AOL news and was pondering wether to put this here or in Conspiricy. As the information has been released (But how much really? ;) ) I settled on this section. However, mods please feel free to move as you wish. So, what do you reccon about the story? Did the tweleve psychics...
  8. A

Dying for a Wii

From AOL News:
  9. A

Cat Gives Births To Puppies

My cat had puppies! From AOL Lifestyle (Wouldn't let me copy and paste, or link to image.):
  10. A

Help! Has The Talisman Gone Bad?

Hi all, I came in this section to see if anyone had any knowledge of talismans? I brought a talisman called, 'Talisman of the Seven Archangels' from http://www.circleraphael.co.uk wich I recieved on Tuesday and wore all day. I took it off that night but put it back on Wednesday and left it on...
  11. A

Crash, Bang, and a Mystery Cook?

I live in a semi detached house that has been converted into three flats. One large one downstairs, that my mum and her partner live in, and two up. I live in one and the other is empty. As you enter my front door you're in the living room, it's a studio flat and to the right is the open plan...
  12. A

Road Kill (2001)

I wonder if anyone could help with an explanation of the end of this film? My mum watched it last night (Sat 8th April) on The Sci Fi Channel, 10.00 pm. To try and avoid confusion (As we asked Jeeves and found another film of that name.) the film is about two brothers on a road trip to pick up...
  13. A

Scared Of The Dentist? You Will Be!

Taken from *THE SUN newspaper dated Wednesday, February 26, 2003, page 19. 'DENTIST' HURT KIDS A BOGUS dentist pulled out children's teeth WITHOUT anaesthetic. They were left screaming in agony at a clinic set up by Luis Penate. He had proper euipment, wore a white coat, displayed fake...
  14. A

OUT OF HIS SKULL

Story taken from The Sun , Thursday, January 30, 2003, page 29. OUT OF HIS SKULL Three sick teenagers stole bodies from a cemetery and took them to a boozy party in fancy dress. The lads horrified classmates when they turned up for a bash with two skulls and a skeleton, which they dressed...
  15. A

Phone Weirdness

About six months ago the 'phone rang in the early hours, at about 03.00 am. I thought I'd answer it as if someone where calling at that time I thought it might be an emergancy. It was the voice of a young woman (Late teans early twenties I'd say.) who I did not know but none the less, she...
  16. A

What Really Did Kill The Dinosaurs?

Taken from AOL news (No link, sorry, members only access.) DINOSAUR EXTINCTION THEORY BLOWN APART NEW dinosaur discoveries have blown apart the theory that the reptiles died out as the result of a giant meteorite striking Earth. Scientists had thought a single impact off the coast of...
  17. A

September 11th 2001.

Taken (From amongst many other similar snipets.) from 'Global News,' in Nexus Magazine ( http://www.nexusmagazine.com ) DID US AGENT WARN CANADA OF SEPTEMBER 11 ATTACKS? The admission that the death of a Canadian diplomat in Moscow was murder may lend credence to the fantastic story...
  18. A

Ice Falls (Not Hail): Hydrometeors; Cryometeors; Megacryometeors

From the FT.com Home page. 2 April. On this day in 1973, R.F.Griffiths, a Meteorologist out strolling near Manchester, was nearly *brained by a block of ice that fell at his feet. *Is 'brained' serious terminology for a brain/head injury now?!lol :D
  19. A

Are Radio Waves A Natural Occurrence?

This is probibly a silly question, but bear with a dimo for a moment please.... I have just been reading an artical, from a link in the 'Breaking News' section. It was the Jupiters X-Rays one. However, the artical mentioned radio waves. Now, the only radio waves I know of are the ones that...
Back