• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. G

False Memories

When I was a kid , about 5 or 6 , I seem to remember seeing a HUGE spider, about the size of a dog going through my parents back garden. I rushed in to tell them but there was nothing there when we went out to look. It scared the bejeezus out of me , and the thought of it still does. It was the...
  2. G

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

Yup...I even sent a package to you over in Korea if I remember
  3. G

Missing In Action: Members Who've Gone Silent / Haven't Been Seen For Some Time

I've been missing in action for several years now , but I'm back . Bummer that the site is about to go now though.
  4. G

Loch Morar Monster (Morag; Mhorag)

Here's a screenshot Link Link is dead; photo MIA. EDIT: Large image changed to clickable link by WJ.
  5. G

might have to go east a little bit
  6. G

Interestingly , I've just been having a look at Loch Morar on Google Maps , and found this large object . https://www.google.co.uk/mapmaker?ll=56.960958,-5.746987&spn=0.006388,0.013475&t=h&z=16&utm_source=mapseditbutton_normal&lyt=large_map
  7. G

The Loch Ness Monster

I reckon the Google map thing is boat wakes . The more I look at the image I reckon I can even see some boats around . It's a particularly busy spot for boats on the loch , being almost opposite Urquhart Castle . Still I suppose my 'boat wake' comment is the famous old chestnut to explain the...
  8. G

New Asterix author Jean Yves-Ferri inspired by Picts

Really looking forward to this one :)
  9. G

Scotland UFO Sightings

As for that article , I live in Winchburgh , West Lothian and I'm surprised I'd never heard of it before . It's a really small village where everyone knows each other , so the chances are I'd know who saw the UFO , but nobody knows anything . I'll keep asking around anyway .
  10. G

Hospital Happenings Of The Supernatural Kind

I work some nights in a hospital , and can honestly say that it can be the creepiest place on earth sometimes . The room I work in is empty all day , but used for a few hours in the evening and when I'm there I'm usually alone . At night , the hospital is deathly quiet (apart from myself...
  11. G

Strange pic

The more I look at the photo , the more convinced I get is that there are three people there , in a group hug . It's just that we can't see the body of the third person that gives rise to the optical illusion . Still , it's kind of creepy looking though.
  12. G

Australian Archaeology

The Dutch charted the nort and western coasts of Australia , but they could have indeed visited the east coast too - Abel Tasman managed to land in New Zealand in 1642 , a date which fits in with the skull.
  13. G

Australian Archaeology

White men were already in the Americas at that time , so I suppose there could be a faint chance of a corpse making its way across the Pacific to be washed up on the Australian coast . Also the Portuguese were visiting Australia and was actually discovered by the Dutch in 1606 , but nobody...
  14. G

Peruvian History & Archaeology

oops : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23173628 Authorities in Peru say an ancient pyramid at the oldest archaeological site near the capital, Lima, has been destroyed. They are pressing criminal charges against two real-estate companies blamed for tearing down the...
  15. G

Nude News: The Naked Truth

Bizarre fall from grace . He used to be so good in the Hair Bear Bunch. :lol:
  16. G

The Hoo Lake Apparition: The Best Ghost Picture Ever?

Glad you got that off your system . If you read my post carefully , you will see that it is not a 'demand' as you seem to read it , but what is called an 'opinion' - an opinion based on what I read , and an opinion shared with many other board members . This the problem with this board at...
  17. G

This may or not be the best ghost photo ever , but the reason we are all on this site is that it covers areas we are geneally interested in . As such , we need to look at the whole picture and try to see any potential flaws or faults. The tone of this thread came over as one big wind-up , as...
  18. G

It's a picture of a statue . What's scary about that ? Of course the negatives will show depth , as it is a photo of a solid figure . Or am I missing something ?
  19. G

OK , April Fool's Day is over now .This thread needs to be locked. We're going round and round in circles and getting nowhere , and occasionally veers off topic . Any chance we could get back to some serious debate ?
  20. G

Weird Personal Names

Encountered this name today through my work : Eric Shaun.
  21. G

Ghosts (?) Seen In Google Street View

Every time I see that picture , I reckon it looks like a man who is running . If you look closely at where the right leg should be , there appears to be a bit of a 'stump' , as if the leg is raised mid stride , and the other leg is behind the bollard . Still , interesting pic though .
  22. G

pub ghost

I've just taken some photos , and looking back at them has reminded me of the pub photo. I live near an old asylum , which has been vacant for about 10 years now . A whole village grew up around it , where the inmates lived and worked , but now it is deserted . It has been used as a film...
  23. G

pub ghost

Took me a while to see anything at all , but when I did I magnified the section to 400% and it is just reflection , nothing else. Still doesn't mean the pub isn't haunted though.
  24. G

The Loch Ness Monster

Yeahh..the sturgeon thing is probably true in some cases , but the real Nessie is a eunuch eel. Like Stormkhan's poem though . You should set it to a tune :wink:
  25. G

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

aaawww,,,,,,need a flickr account to view :(
  26. G

Weird Personal Names

Found out today that his wife is called Eva , and they have a daughter called Mary :rofl: .
  27. G

Castle - pic

I've been playing about with the photo on my PC , and when I increased the face in the window to 520% , I could see that the guy was wearing modern gear - looked like a football Tshirt . His face kind of reminded me of Steve Diggle , though . Maybe he was in there having a slas too :? . Or maybe...
  28. G

Rude & Suggestive Place Names

There's a street near me called Dick Gardens. Also there is Freskin Place , which is not rude in itself , but it is when the local vandals decided to put an 'o' between the 'f' and the 'r'. About half a mile from there is Peniel Place which has had a similiar graffiti makeover.
  29. G

The Hairy Tree

This is an offshoot of the Sawney Bean legend . Apparently one of his daughters , Elspeth was hung from the Hairy Tree in Girvan , South Ayrshire (some accounts say she planted it). As can be imagined , the tree was not in actual fact 'hairy' , but had an odd appearance which gave it that...
  30. G

Strange Crimes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7807920.stm
  31. G

FT245

Really good issue so far. I've read most of it already. The Dyatlov mystery was really weird and thinking about it got me extra jumpy on my walk back home through the countryside at 5 this morning. Got so nervous at one point I nearly fell into the canal :oops: .
  32. G

Weird Personal Names

Gabon's defence minister is called Ali Bongo.
  33. G

Should Pope be worried that Wales won the rugby Grand Slam

Interesting name....Dr Payne :?
  34. G

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7792475.stm
  35. G

Weird Personal Names

Heard this name today.......Letitia Shatwell.
  36. G

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

John Barrowman's at it now : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7759215.stm
  37. G

Strange Crimes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7747833.stm
  38. G

Strange Crimes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7746494.stm
  39. G

Captain Beefheart

The Spotlight Kid and Safe As Milk are my personal favourite albums , but I've never been able to get into Trout Mask Replica ... it's too weird :?
  40. G

Strange Crimes

I usually think I live in a dull little village where nothing interesting happens , but apparently not : http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/edinburgh/Doorkicking-Santa-hunted.4643878.jp
  41. G

Weird Personal Names

Ok , I know it's not a persons name , but saw this in my local supermarket and it gave me a giggle :
  42. G

Weird Personal Names

When I lived in Turkey , I used to use this bus company all the time , Kamil Koc: http://www.kamilkoc.com.tr/
  43. G

Weird Personal Names

There's a guy just started at my wife's work.... he's called Barry Beaver :rofl:
  44. G

Weird Personal Names

Today I had dealings with Derek Smelly and Tom Flucker.
  45. G

Strange Crimes

Some people you REALLY don't want to see wearing a thong :nah: : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7314643.stm
  46. G

Crying Boy Portrait

No probs at all , and happy posting. I started this thread through an experience in my family (all explained in the initial post) , and it has been somethng that has fascinated me ever since. One thing got me thinking though.....in my initial post I mentioned that my aunt was bought the picture...
  47. G

Rock & Roll Myths

A gang of bikers sailing in a boat to murder him doesn't strike me as the Hell's Angels style though. Couldn't they just have ''accidentally" ran him over with their bikes instead?
  48. G

Crying Boy Portrait

Thanks for pointing all that out, but I started this thread back in 2005 , and that was when my point was raised. I live in the UK also and subscribe to FT so I'm aware that it is on the current front cover. My musing about downloading it as wallpaper was a joke. Sorry if you took it too...
Back