• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

The strange re-appearance of Guy LaFleur

A somewhat amusing coincidence: In 1998, I was walking to a university class (Western Canadian university) when I heard a voice behind me with a somewhat familiar, thick Quebecois accent. I turned around, and it happened to be Guy LaFleur (for non-Canadians, a legendary Montreal Canadians...
  2. D

The Disappearing Story

There must be a simply psychological explanation for the following, eg., creation of a false memory, but it feel like I've walked into an alternative reality. This is along the lines of the "I could have sworn that celebrity was dead" threads I've seen on FT: For decades, my Mom related a...
  3. D

Fantastic Time-Travel Story From Reddit

Ripping good stuff. Not my own but deserves a read - some real gems on the Reddit thread. http://www.reddit.com/r/Glitch_in_the_M ... omenon_my/ So I have posted this in r/nosleep and r/letsnotmeet but it was suggested that I post it here as well. I have always loved the outdoors. I...
  4. D

Disembodied voice - A lovely little mystery

Sorry for the lack of embellishment- I'll try and make this as simple as possible: My elderly Mom phoned saying she needed me to drive her on an errand. I put my 3 year old son (we'll call him "X") in his carseat in the back of my minivan and drove to my parent's house. Got to parent's...
  5. D

Creepy Sleepwalkers/Talkers

Anybody here live in fear of their spouses/partners/lovers walking and talking in their sleep? God, it is so bloody creepy! Haha!! I don't really have a good story but I'll kick off the thread with an example. I lived for several years with a girlfriend who would often sleep talk. One...
  6. D

Moments of great clarity

This topic has probably been discussed elsewhere. Ever had a moment of absolute clarity or lucidity in which EVERYTHING suddenly made sense- only to be lost in the same nanosecond that the understanding is reached? A few years ago I was sitting on my front doorstep having a smoke and...
Back