• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Dr_David_Sutton

FT Collection: Free to Good Home

I have someone in Oxford who is offering a collection of FTs - issue 75 to this year - to anyone who can collect them. Email me at [email protected] with your details and I'll put you in touch.
  2. Dr_David_Sutton

WANTED! FT film reviewer(s)

We're looking for an extra film reviewer to join the existing roster of hard-pressed FT cinephiles. For various reasons we're failing to cover everything we should, so - given the vast amounts of knowledge and enthusiasm on these boards, I thought I'd ask here first. We're looking for someone...
  3. Dr_David_Sutton

WANTED! FT film reviewer(s)

We're looking for an extra film reviewer to join the existing roster of hard-pressed FT cinephiles. For various reasons we're failing to cover everything we should, so - given the vast amounts of knowledge and enthusiasm on these boards - I thought I'd ask here first. We're looking for...
  4. Dr_David_Sutton

Australian reader offers large FT collection

Here in Melbourne Australia I have just about every issue of Fortean Times from 63 to present (there’s a few gaps in the late 80s and 90s). They are in good condition and are sitting in my shed. They have attracted no strange phenonoma, so perhaps someone else here in Australia, or even...
  5. Dr_David_Sutton

FT299

We will be running a piece on the Liverpool Leprechaun panic of 1964 in the next issue, and need help sourcing images of the fokllowing locations: Jubilee Park, Kensington, Liverpool St Chad's Church and churchyard, Kirkby Learn Farm Lane/Roman Road Junior School, Felling, Gateshead...
  6. Dr_David_Sutton

Liverpool Leprechauns—Help Needed!

We will be running a piece on the Liverpool Leprechaun panic of 1964 in the next issue, and need help sourcing images of the fokllowing locations: Jubilee Park, Kensington, Liverpool St Chad's Church and churchyard, Kirkby Learn Farm Lane/Roman Road Junior School, Felling, Gateshead...
  7. Dr_David_Sutton

BBC series seeks 7/7 conspiracy believers

Do you think the July 7/7 bombings was a conspiracy? BBC3 documentary wants to hear from people who doubt the official version of events. If you think that the 7/7 bombings was not a terrorist attack, and was in fact orchestrated by the British government, then we want to hear from you...
  8. Dr_David_Sutton

Advertisements in FT - Suggestions Invited

I've posted this for Ciaran as he can't get onto the Forums at present: Hello everyone, My name is Ciaran and I work on the advertising team for Fortean Times. As a regular browser of these forums, I’ve noticed there have been a few people unhappy with some of the adverts that FT have...
  9. Dr_David_Sutton

Fortean Times Back Issue Sale

Due to yet another office move we have to get rid of nearly all our stock of FT back issues and are offering the following to personal callers only: Issues 90-270, complete runs: £100 One-year runs from 1997-2010: £12 per year Any 10 issues: £10 We cannot afford to post these out, so it...
  10. Dr_David_Sutton

UnCon in the Evening

We're now definitely running an extra UnCon event on the night of Saturday 23 October at the splendidly surreal time warp that is the St Aloysius Social Club in Euston. We're putting together what should be a fun evening of entertainment, including live music and performances, DJs, the great...
  11. Dr_David_Sutton

Doctor Who at UnCon!

Well, not the Doctor himself, but long-time Who writer (and a whole load of other stuff, from comics to TV) Paul Cornell has just come aboard the good ship UnCon 2010. He'll be speaking about fortean themes in the series - should be fun!
  12. Dr_David_Sutton

Bigger, better FT!

Well, maybe. We're talking to the publishers about having regular 'bumper' issues of FT (without any rise in the cover price) and I wanted to sound out opinion among readers. We're probably looking at the following choice: 1) 8 extra pages for four issues each year 2) 16 extra pages...
  13. Dr_David_Sutton

UnCon Tickets - Please Read

Don't want to cause a panic - this is just to say that tickets for this year's UnCon are strictly limited by the size of the venue, which is better equipped but smaller than Friends House and has a maximum capacity of only 500 attendees. Tickets should be available at the door, but you'd be...
  14. Dr_David_Sutton

Strange Days - Your Views Wanted

We're intending to have a good look at our news coverage - and the whole Strange Days section - in coming weeks and would like some input from you good people. What do you think of Strange Days in its present form? Could it be improved, and how? Which bits do you particularly like or...
  15. Dr_David_Sutton

Deleted Templars on Telly Thread

Some of you may be wondering what happened to the thread concerning the Decoding Da Vinci series that started on More4 last night. It would seem that the thread starter - Altusnex - had joined the MB a few days ago with the sole purpose of stirring up trouble and spreading disinformation...
  16. Dr_David_Sutton

UnCon 2006

Just a quick one; you all know that UnCon 2006 returns to the old April date and is once again taking place at the Friends Meeting House, London. We're putting the list of speakers together and it would be a great help to have your suggestions for: new speakers returning favourites...
  17. Dr_David_Sutton

FT203

No, I haven't got my copy yet! Just thought I'd let you know that next issue will include a special halloween horror section - interviews with Don 'Phantasm and Bubba Ho-Tep' Coscarelli and Steve 'Ghostwatch' Volk - who some of you might remember from UnCon a couple of years ago. Steve's...
  18. Dr_David_Sutton

FT Needs Help: Amityville Horror

Hi, Just wondering whethere any US MBers (or anyone else for that matter) has managed to catch a screening of the new Amityville Horror movie yet... we managed to miss the UK press screenings due to bad timing. Obviously it's a film we'd like to cover in FT, so if anyone fancies writing us...
  19. Dr_David_Sutton

UnCon - extra speaker

Hi, Think Owen's already told you that Lionel Fanthorpe will be appearing on Sunday now - opening slot at 10.30 (whole timetable is changing a bit, so keep an eye on the website). Now, at the last minute, we've got an extra speaker to squeeze in on Saturday, as Lloyd Pye and his starchild...
  20. Dr_David_Sutton

IHTM: A Plea For Your Help

Hi all, This is a request for your help in keeping IHTM going in the pages of FT; it has become necessary as a result of changes made to the way the message board IHTM works. Those of you who read the mag will know that the ‘It Happened to Me’ section in the letters pages has developed...
Back