• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

The Mystery ' Boing '

Can any-one help solve this after over 50 years? It's something that still puzzles two of my uncles. They were about ten-twelve years old, and in the house where I also grew up, beside a small road, the end but one house of the village, in Oxfordshire, the road lead past their house and down a...
  2. S

It happened at work...not just to me

My second job was in a microfische company that had just moved premises, it was on on of the oldest streets of the town, but a newish building, certainly the top floor was just built. It shared, at the back, a ladies, gents, and kitchen with a small tv company, part of the same building. My...
  3. S

Pendle Hill

This was on MH Live, of which I only watched the first ten minutes, but wondered if any-one had been there and what their impressions of it were?
  4. S

Graveyards / Cemeteries

These are subject to so many cliches that I was interested to know if other people, like me, find these peaceful, if rather melancholy ( to me) places, but not at all frightening. I can walk around one at night, accompanied! - and feel not the slightest shiver. Although the parents did back out...
  5. S

Henry - Portrait of a serial killer

If this dosn't belong here, please delete, but as there is a thread on serial killers on the forum, perhaps it's ok. This film has been out a while and is now up on Sky, has any-one seen it and what do they think? If it's very disturbing, I won't watch it, which is why I would like to know...
  6. S

The Walled-Up Nun

This seems to be a type of ' cliche ' that crops up all over the UK: Nuns bricked up alive, for some sexual infraction, usually with a monk. Now I'd love to know if this punishment has ever been truly carried out, in this country, as I remember reading that it never was, although there are...
Back