• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

Dangerous Dogs

I think it's about 90% upbringing, and 10% breed. But, the problem is, if a poodle has a bad moment, the worst it can do is make you sneeze. If a pitbull gets pissed off, it can rip your throat out. I have a 22 week old Staffy. A puppy. But when I'm out walking her, she's on a strong...
  2. D

Strange pic

The girl with the dark hair is hugging at her own shoulder, as part of the embrace. The reason her head looks so abnormally large is because she seems to have long hair, and it's pushed up at the back by the head of the blonde. Which makes her head look much bigger from front to back.
  3. D

Moon Flash In Video Of Planetary Conjunction

Looks like an encoding artefact. Either from the camera itself, or the software used to convert it for uploading. Happens all the time.
  4. D

Geology and Wagner

I'm not sure the "Like" button would suffice in this instance. How about a, "Bloody Great!" button?
  5. D

ufo over midlothian

Or a helicopter.
  6. D

ufo over midlothian

And there we have it. Again. The real John comes out.
  7. D

ufo over midlothian

See, that's the thing, John. You're the one claiming to have the answers. Other people are merely stating their opinion that they think it's a helicopter. You, on the other hand, are quick to shoot them down, should they disagree with you. You're not seeking out the truth, you're seeking out...
  8. D

ufo over midlothian

That sums it up, John. YouTube is exactly where people ARE getting fame. It takes a bit of initiative and effort to get your name in the papers, or to get yourself on the local news. But anyone can get on YouTube, using sensational titles with things like UFO in it, to ensure hits, while...
  9. D

ufo over midlothian

Totally agree, Jimv1. This is what has been responsible for dampening my interests in the paranormal over the last few years. YouTube is full of bloody fake videos. CGI, badly written scripts, and loyal followers who'll believe anything they're given, because it confirms what they...
  10. D

ufo over midlothian

That sounds very suspicious. But hardly surprising, unfortunately.
  11. D

ufo over midlothian

John, ginjabadja's post said he was "inclined to say helicopter." He then went on to give his reasons why he thought that. Your reply to him? It's what always happens in your threads, John. You show videos that are ambiguous at best, then if anyone dares to question it, or disagree...
  12. D

ufo over midlothian

It's good to see John hasn't lost any of his charm, when someone has the audacity to even raise a question that might challenge his having recorded a UFO.
  13. D

Subatomic particles exceed the speed of light?

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but as I understand it, wouldn't that still be an object moving faster than the speed of light? I thought the argument was that if you're travelling in a car, at 60mph, and turn on a torch, the light still travels at the speed of light, not...
  14. D

Man in The Mirror: Brand new "ghost" photo.

The OP says the person who posted the images seemed quite indifferent to whether people believe it or not, but then also shows the kind of hyperbolic language he used to sell the photos in the first place. The two don't match up. I don't know the person at all, so I can't really know his...
  15. D

Nasa ufos FILMED ON 8 JULY 2011

The title is only part of the problem. When he opens a thread and starts it with this: It's always going to lead to problems. He's already stating that if anyone doesn't see what he does, then they aren't being honest, they're not admitting it to themselves. And accusing them of making...
  16. D

If that's the case John, then why am I not following your words like a sheep, and rather than think for myself, just taking your opinion to be the truth? This is a perfect example of your lack of logic on this subject. You attack everyone with little more than primary-school insults, when...
  17. D

I've given plenty of input John, you just didn't like it because it didn't fit in with your world view. I don't ask you to believe what I do, or demand that you agree with everything I say. That's your game. All I ask is that you're honest, and fair. Which you seemingly find impossible...
  18. D

LoL. I love how John gives a totally unacceptable account of why it's not space junk, then just takes it for granted that it's completely ruled out now. Even the original post was already ruling out any other type of explanation. There was no discussion, no question, no room for guess...
  19. D

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

The URL contained a malformed video ID. :|
  20. D

UFO footage taken in London

It's certainly a good theory, Moooksta, backed up by the fact that the CGI just isn't up to any industry standard, even that of virals. We'll probably never know the absolute truth, but I think we can all pretty much agree that it's not aliens or a craft from another world.
  21. D

Way to go FT'ers for spotting it then. lol. I guess we aren't as easily fooled as Sun readers. Phew. As to the viral itself, how will that work? Is it to put UFOs in the consciousness for the weeks coming up to Torchwood airing, or will there actually be links made between the clips and...
  22. D

A quick look on YouTube shows that there's people with two weeks experience on After Effects that can not only match this footage, but better it. So for someone in the business, it's probably less effort than scratching your balls. I still maintain that the actual moving object itself is...
  23. D

So only people who accept things at face value, even if they look faked, or at the very best, suspicious, should be allowed to post on here? I thought this board was for believers and sceptics alike? To try and work out the truth behind the matter, not just pat each other on the back for...
  24. D

The people holding cameras and looking up at the sky appear to be acting, there's something about them that's very unnatural. The actual object in the sky looks like rather bad CGI. I've seen much better done in After Effects.
  25. D

Wikipedia & Sceptics Versus Forteana

Surely, such is the human condition that for every sceptic altering wiki articles for their own purpose, there's a believer doing exactly the same thing for their own cause? The place is full of people using pseudo-facts to confirm their chosen brand of fortena as proven to be real...
  26. D

Wikipedia & Sceptics Versus Forteana

Wki hasn't been taken seriously in a long time. The information on there is full of agenda-driven inaccuracies, and downright stupidity. In pretty much every subject and perpetrated by both sides of every argument. I tend to use it as a starting point if I'm looking something up, then...
  27. D

A couple of pictures

I think we've seen it too many times on this forum where people will come in with completely innocuous photos, proclaiming them to be 100% proof of UFOs and aliens. And no matter how much others tell them it just looks like a plane, or a bird, etc, they won't accept anything other than their...
  28. D

From the motion of the object, it's almost like a kite with a streamer behind it. I couldn't imagine any solid structure moving like that, whether it's on fire or not. Maybe a kite that's designed to look like a burning craft?
  29. D

Ghosts In Grave Yard - A Must See

There's a light source from behind the photographer. You can see the same illumination on the wall of the building, and it cuts out at the same time as the one on the headstone. The light seems to fade, not just in those two patches, but in the film itself, as if the sun has sneaked behind...
  30. D

Mars Surface Anomalies Viewed From Orbit / Afar

Very interesting. Re artefacts, pixelation, etc, wouldn't the blocks have to be the same colour (or close) to what's actually there? So although that whole shape might not be a single item on the landscape, there's certainly something there that's brighter than the surrounding terrain...
  31. D

Likewise, I didn't look at the links and I thought it was a pretty decent video. It's a bloody good fake, if one at all. It's one of the best UFO clips I've seen.
  32. D

Attacked By Aliens (YouTube; "thepolishedknob")

He must have some strawberry ice-cream, everyone knows they love strawberry ice-cream.
  33. D

Does anyone know anything about the Gary Coleman cult?

Yeah, it sounds like maybe a send-up of Twilight Zone, or maybe something along the lines of Eerie Indiana.
  34. D

Magnetic Flipper's Starlight Amplifier Device

I have to say, after reading this under the latest video, I'm pretty sure it's faked in some way. "Really Real" and "I still cannot get over this" just scream fake to me. I could be wrong, but that's my gut instinct. Taking the footage at face value, the latest one doesn't add anything...
  35. D

Magnetic Flipper's Starlight Amplifier Device

Could they be insects? Or birds? It's certainly interesting, but I'd like to see the guy use a bit of zoom, so we can get a better idea of shape and distance, etc.
  36. D

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

And others will fall for anything, if their favourite millionaire conspiracy theory broadcaster tells them to. I mean, whatreallyhappened.com probably isn't biased at all. They're clearly a serious source, only interested in the truth. :D
  37. D

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Shock horror! If you photograph something from two different angles and from different distances, it'll look different. I guess it's sorted then. They didn't kill Osama at all. What will this dastardly Government do next? Continue to cover for our lizard overlords? Damn them!
  38. D

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Even the best of sources can be wrong. And according to AQ, this is one of those cases. AQ's statement on the matter is actual evidence, compared to the hearsay all the conspiracy theories are relying on. There's no competition.
  39. D

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Well, I guess that's what it would come down to. Just how bad would the wounds be? And, I guess even more important, they probably could have explained away horrible disfiguration, etc, by saying it took more than one bullet to kill him. A few bullets to the face could pretty much destroy it...
  40. D

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

If this is the case, why didn't he already go before Congress about what he knows? Why does the fake death of Osama suddenly urge him into action? The events he's talking about started taking place 10 years ago, what's he been doing in that time? I'd have more respect for the man if...
  41. D

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

A conspiracy theorist without proof? Really? Usually they're full of the stuff, this is surely a one in a million case. :P
  42. D

Osama Bin Laden Is Dead

Alex Jones is about as trustworthy as the Governments he accuses of cover-ups and lying. Any time anyone throws back an argument at him, as to why a particular theory doesn't hold water, he changes the subject. Then he comes back to the original argument later in the conversation, as if no-one...
  43. D

ufo gorebridge

I'm still waiting for you to tell me where I backtracked. What did I say, then go back on?
  44. D

ufo gorebridge

Could you please point out where I backtracked? I said there are better UFO videos on YouTube. Are you seriously claiming that your UFO videos are the best of their kind? That no other UFO videos are more provoking, or serve as better evidence for the mystery? This is exactly the...
  45. D

ufo gorebridge

I didn't say they were MY videos, just videos. I'm not trying to say my proof is better than yours, I don't have any proof at all. I'm telling you that other people have taken much better videos, which are harder to explain, and genuinely give reason for thought. It's not a competition...
  46. D

ufo gorebridge

He's posted many sightings of nothing. All of his videos are pretty much the same thing, a light in the sky, that looks like a plane or helicopter, then he comes on here claiming he has 100% proof of UFOs. And when people pull him up on the fact that they look like planes and UFOs, he starts...
  47. D

ufo gorebridge

Time and research IS investment. Just listen to yourself for a few seconds, you're ranting, barely stringing a sentence together, challenging people, scoffing at anything or anyone who undermines your findings. Some might say it's passion, but it comes across more as a desperate need to...
  48. D

ufo gorebridge

You're ruling out a whole theory, because it was quiet on two separate nights? Isn't that a bit of a leap at best, and desperation at worst? It occurs to me, that if you want people to take this seriously, you should at least consider other possible explanations first, before jumping to...
  49. D

ufo gorebridge

Indeed you can suggest it, but you'd be "missing out on something". :D I don't quite get the point of the video, a stationary light in the sky, that then disappears? I'd have to agree with linesmachine, probably a helicopter. We get a lot of them flying around Belfast, looking for...
  50. D

Irkutsk 'Alien' found

Don't mention removing foil, you'll make Rigsby all nervous. :D It really is incredible these days, just what lengths people will go to, to cling onto their beliefs of what is happening in the world. Two guys make a video and put it on the internet. "Why would these people lie or fake...
Back