• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

Quitters: Members Who've Left The Forum

I cannot deal with the wit, charm and constructive humour of an ex mod any more at the moment. Maybe tomorrow, maybe the next day but probably not anytime soon. Trying to believe assurances that the situation is being looked at palls after a while. I can't get him any further on to ignore...
  2. S

North Rona, a Trip just over the Edge of the World...

It does look great! Unfortuately I'm hors de combat until after an op - date tba. So I'm stuffed baisically. So there's places still :( Kath
  3. S

Lost & Found

I so want to believe this! what a breakthrough! Kath
  4. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Was that the hospital radio one? If it was it was the thing that gave me hope when ecclestone (and his jacket) lefy after one series. Kath
  5. S

OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

good points - it's always a question of where to draw the line that pathologises something. One of the stances at the autism/aspergers research centre I use is that only some behaviours by some people some of the time in some circumstances are a problem. Kath
  6. S

Your on! PMing you Kath
  7. S

I'm interested in going. If it gets too hard physically I'll just site down and wait for the trip back :D Seriously, I'm interested. The total cost would be the deciding factor for me but I can be very flexible about times and dates. Kath
  8. S

2012, what happened when the cycle began?

I was one of the people fixing so I can't give an unbiased answer. The people who fretted in my circle were the people who knew nothing about the practicalities and tend to believe everything the papers say...... Kath
  9. S

Arty Farty Had A Party

If there's ever a meet an an Uncon or something we should perform for money..... Kath
  10. S

Mystery Sirens

Aren't we meant to be able to pinpoint the source of some types of sound more easily than others? I seem to remember this being said when the british emergency service noises were changed a while back but I can'tr remember what the conclusion was.... Kath
  11. S

Arty Farty Had A Party

That's the one! It's interesting because it's meant to be a modern dateable folksong from the time when the big towers went up replacing the tenements. Castlemilk was one of the first schemes. AFAIK it's now sung in the same way that Ally Bally Bee is - I'm not sure of the real title, I've...
  12. S

Sudden Seizures and Shenannagans

I knew what you meant! Nothing nasty about it all - anyway seizure is only a theory.... .... even though I'd back it rather than the Angel of Death. Not least as the man seems still to be alive :D Kath
  13. S

Arty Farty Had A Party

I love that one! We used to sing it in the minibus on trips from the care home I worked at - at the residents' request. As well as being a jaunty number (she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes) and singable as a round, it's a hymn against elder abuse :D Also the Jeely Piece...
  14. S

Sudden Seizures and Shenannagans

Looks like what used to be called grand mal - big epileptic seizure. Kath
  15. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Except for the doctor.... :D Kath
  16. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I did wonder if they'd tulpa'd the whole thing? Kath
  17. S

Atheism

You may mean me. Please expand on this? It's fascinating to think that on a Fortean board someone can decide that all data are in and they can pronounce final judgement. If you weren't a mod I'd be rather stronger. Kath
  18. S

Nightmare Playgrounds

Beautifully put Reynardine, beautifully put. Kath
  19. S

Practicing Magic - HELP ME PLEASE!

holly as in wood of the holly tree? I keep misreading as holy which I don't think is what you mean :oops: Kath
  20. S

Nightmare Playgrounds

And there was me thinking this was a discussion board :shock: Hopefully you're going to give all the reasoned arguments about why no view apart from your own can have merit? Kath
  21. S

Nightmare Playgrounds

Yes, to say it's all horrible is wee bit culturally imperialistic no? Kath
  22. S

The Unicorn Thread

Goats have horns which can fuse. Kath
  23. S

Real Demons? (Actual Encounters With Demonic Entities)

.... and crops diverted for biofuel..... Kath
  24. S

Paranormal Channel

Sigh! I had that sinking feeling..... :roll: Kath
  25. S

Paranormal Channel

Is this a Sky thing? or Virgin? or......... Kath
  26. S

Ha! it had probably evolved intelligence and was thrilled to see you after all that time. MURDERER! :D Kath
  27. S

I did those phone calls too - and again the next year just to rub it in. :twisted: Kath
  28. S

Bad Tattoos

Re: bad tattoo's None of mine are on the site BUT I really don't care what other people think of them..... making decisions about /my/ body and /my/ life and /me/ based on if other people see it and don't like it or whatever... Well, I grew up ages ago so it's not an issue! Kath
  29. S

Nightmare Playgrounds

Where are you on cartoon violence goth13girl666? Nice fairies are a very recent invention - and a quite deliberate one I think whereas the unbowdlerised stuff Kondoru is talking about just... well..... just happened I supposed. At least until it was deliberately curated and written down...
  30. S

Nightmare Playgrounds

You mean like..... The Singing Ringing Tree? :shock: Kath
  31. S

Fairies, Pixies, Elves, Sprites & Other Little Folk

I think she was chair or president of the folklore society. Which emphasises the academic worth of her work - she's after the collecting/antiquarian stage of the discipline and was part of the group which set a pardadigm for the serious study of the field, and moved away from the Margaret...
  32. S

Britain: Police State?

Like "verminous"? :D Kath-the-ever-helpful
  33. S

Electromagnetism & Electricity Pylons

Is this related to the sound of Northern Lights which only some people can hear? I seem to remember (probably a Radio4 programme) that it's like the Young Person Deterrent which can only be heard by the under 25s. Kath
  34. S

Doune Castle

MQoS in Scotland is like Elizabeth 1 in England. Ubiquitous. Alas, it might be harder to perform a sketch in a place she doesn't haunt. Allegedly. :D Kath
  35. S

Mormons

ta - neat summary :) do we know if anyone is looking for such evidence? Kath
  36. S

Mormons

Has any conclusion been reached about the phone call that justified the original interventions? Kath
  37. S

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

There IS an explanation for everything. Possible explanations include magic, dreams, aliens, low frequency noise, ghosts, pranks and so on. What we cannot say is that we KNOW the explanation for everything. I'm very unclear what reasons or arguments you are using to back up your command to...
  38. S

Doune Castle

This is (probably) irrelevant but Doune is where Monty Python and the Holy Grail was filmed :D Kath
  39. S

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

ARGH! great photo! Kath
  40. S

Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

er...... can't see it BUT viewing image gives a 404 and a page with The Madonna With The Big Boobies on it. At least if it wasn't her then it was someone doing a dang fine impression! :shock: Kath
  41. S

Who put the lights out?

That was great! A real time IHTM happening to us AND the prospect of a cat picture of the culprit in action. Please? The only thing fortean about our cat are the Not Of This Earth odours he emits. He doesn't even teleport like a proper cat :( Kath
  42. S

Another Picture From The Sun

or a waiter writing on the pad? Kath
  43. S

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

Have you tried drawing it? Even a rough sketch..... please? :) Kath
  44. S

Ghost in photo?

I. Can't. Believe. You. Said. That. I'm a fan of Source. Even the relaunch didn't last long but when I found the archive I was sufficiently moved to write and thank the woman who hosts it. WelshRune - how about a specific trip to try to replicate the effect you saw? Kath
  45. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Is she a future Doctor? rather than wife? Kath
  46. S

Why Do UFOs Spin?

like a boomerang? Kath
  47. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

How old is your son P_M and was he behind the sofa? :D There's something about this author that takes me right back to being terrified again. It's wonderful! Kath
  48. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Yes.... the acting around the first communicator ghosting got through to me - all that "don't tell them they'll laugh"... SOB! :oops: Kath
  49. S

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I agree about that particular sccheduling. I have, however, rather missed all the gay Dr Who subplots :oops: and if someone could list them I'd be grateful. It's almost bouind to come up in our local pub quiz. Not the torchwood ones - even I noticed a few of those. And refreshing it was...
  50. S

Purported Alien video to be shown Friday

PeniG - I'll be watching for your sihouetted form pedalling your bike across the moon.......... :lol: Kath
Back