• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. F

BBC Radio Programme On Charles Fort

Tomorrow night (Thur 21st Dec) I'm giving an interview on BBC Radio Wales' "Adam and Mal Show" about Charles Fort; probably discussing his life, work and relevence today. The show starts at 8pm, and I'm on around 8.15. You can listen to the show online (whether you're in the UK or not) at...
  2. F

Demonology query

Can anyone provide a reference for the dismissal of demonology as "the study of the demons, by the demons, for the demons"? Fortist
  3. F

Fortean TV Spoof

Just for fun, here's a spoof episode of Fortean TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teSZjQoy ... ch=fortean It's actually quite good! Fortist
  4. F

'New Lands'

I'm writing a book on Fort's philosophy, and would be interested in knowing what Forteans think about New Lands. It's often cited as the least successful and least popular of all his books; but I'd be interested to know what people think about it, and why... Replies either to here or to...
  5. F

Communications With Other Beings In Sleep

Can anyone recall a series of letters in FT, sometime last year I think, about people who, during dreams, were "contacted" or "communicated with" unidentified beings; one letter in particularly described how the dreamer asked of these astral entities "Who are you?" and received the irksome...
  6. F

Can anyone tell me ...

I remember reading in FT a few years ago, that some scientists had made an April Fool's Day joke that they had discovered a particle, an "anomalon", that didn't obey any of the laws of physics. An obvious joke, yes, but a few months later some scientists had obviously taken it seriously, and we...
  7. F

Does Anyone Have Gordon Stein's Encyclopedia Of The Paranormal?

A copy of Lippard, Jim. "Charles Fort," in The Encyclopedia of the Paranormal edited by Gordon Stein (Buffalo, NY: Prometheus Books, 1996) pp. 277-280 I can't afford the Encyc, but would find the article very useful. Ian (formerly Iankidd, until the new message board confused me)
Back