• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

Damned / Rejected Science (Miscellaneous)

Yawn - http://www.clinteastwood.net/welcome2.html
  2. A

Wembley8 Just had a look at the reference that you gave and found this: Ca 2100 BCE Cylinder Seals: (Sun-Moon-Venus triplet on seals becomes more frequent.) http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gtosiris/page9k.html What exactly does this mean? - becomes more frequent? It's only one hundred years...
  3. A

I thought that you wanted to know about van Flandern first? You see, this would be the first ever proof of relativity if true. All other, so called proofs are invisible things like quasars. Based on past performance, I still don't believe a word. If anything comes up I guarantee you will be...
  4. A

What rynner (the salt of the earth) calls “sidestepping” is his sad inability to reply. If you look at the thread on evolution you will see him admit as much. Something like, “I know that you have questions that we can't answer”, and again “hopefully you will leave the NG soon” “you are a ****”...
  5. A

Quote: The internet represents a symbol of freedom from authority, authoritative interlopers are a symbol of censorship. I was waiting for this Smile.. No comment though? :D
  6. A

I think you will find that most of them do.
  7. A

Mass Extinctions (Overall; In General)

Has anyone ever asked why the mammals did not compete with the dino's when they were around? They had just as much opportunity to grow and become capable of preying on them.
  8. A

Hi wembley8 Infamy – infamy, they've all got it infamy. I was not aware that I had injured your sensibilities wembley8? Everyone has become so touchy of late. As you have no doubt noticed, I've been preoccupied lately with attacks and dire threats. I had realised that I had neglected you...
  9. A

Hi lupinwick What you have said, may, or on the other hand may not be true. There are no answers only choices. The work of Velikovsky needs to be taken in context with all of his works – something never done by his deconstructive detractors. The idea that ancient civilisations lived in a...
  10. A

FORTEANA WITHOUT FORT Let me get this straight; First: What the hell is “emphatic contradiction”? And why would I not contradict it? Could this possibly have anything to do with you having the last word on everything? The title of this NG is Fortean Times and is allied to FT magazine which...
  11. A

In fact, looking back at the threads I find that this particular one was started by wembley8 http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... &start=180 This was the one that I wanted to discuss at the time, because I'd already had a session with eburacum and timble2 about this very subject...
  12. A

I'm glad to see that you think I'm “somewhat great”, but modesty prevents me from accepting this compliment. I'm also looking forward with anticipation to the respect that you promise to show me, although, again I really don't deserve it. (I'm filling up) I fear that the discussion that you...
  13. A

Psychiatry and films

Antisocial personality disorder Wiki Sociopaths are often heros in Hollywood films, in fact they are considered heros in real life at times, Greed is Good”.
  14. A

I could at this point go into the actual number of planets that were visible – and recorded, but it seems a pointless exercise as the recipient is determined to negatise anything offered and to do so without the flimsiest trace of any of the evidence that he demands from others. Again, no...
  15. A

stuneville One or two answers. The accuracy and care taken by Central American astronomers is quite amazing. Their calender was more accurate than that of the west until quite recently. They too were obsessed by Venus and she had a calender all her own. “”How much did your bullshit detector set...
  16. A

Hi eburacum I can see where the sun and moon case would make sense, but the sun is not a pulsar. A shadow is dependent on light – photons, and these must also move at the appropriate speed to cause this. There are no shadows without light. Also, I think that the pulsar is slightly different?
  17. A

Let's use our friends hose analogy: A stream of photons is being emitted by the pulsar in the maner of a rotating hose at the rate of 20 revolutions per second. The earth is being sprayed by the stream. Let's say that the stream started at at time T1 and continued until the circle was complete...
  18. A

Yes, I'd already considered this. The water would create a spiral moving out from the centre. This is not the same as a micro second by micro second bullet-like scenario. Photons are not bullets.
  19. A

For starters, there is no mention of a planet colliding with earth in any of Velikovsky's books. This makes me think that like so many others before you, that you are relying on the prepackaged misquotes that are trotted out with scant regard for the facts and that you have misunderstood or not...
  20. A

This explanation sounds, for want of a batter word, glib and my bullshit detector is bleeping like mad. There seems to be a deep logical flaw in it and i will find it and come back on this one when i have had time to think.
  21. A

An interesting idea struck me. If the pulsars are shining lighthouse like beams across the galaxy and spinning at multi-second speeds, the beam, as it crosses earth's path must be moving at more than the speed of light, which is supposed to be impossible. If we invoke time dilation, then the...
  22. A

Well don't keep us dangling, tell us exactly what it was that turned you off? Consensus opinion will not do on this thread, - as they all keep telling me , “we need references”. :wink:
  23. A

There you go, it's more than a cottage industry, more like a multinational corporation. :D :D :D :D
  24. A

I like pulsars, 13,600,000 hits for pulsar. Pulsars have come a long way since then and one site even gives a model with a cross section of the pulsar and the six or so modeled layers from crust to core, just like the earth. When you consider that these things are only visible at radio wave...
  25. A

This is soooooo obviously a wind-up...
  26. A

I can quite understand your obsession with beaches rynner. i'd like to be on one right now. Under a palm tree with a glass of scotch and a dusky maiden fanning me with a palm frond. The gentle rippling of the surf on the golden san............ 8)
  27. A

http://www.ldolphin.org/vanFlandern/ How many times do I have to say that he built the thing and should know about it? Why don't you read it?
  28. A

Hi stu I can't believe that Jerry-B is a real person and I'm starting to think that he's your alter ego? :D :D :D
  29. A

Mass Extinctions (Overall; In General)

Hi Emps I almost missed this one. Someone has pointed out, and I can't remember who, that the Deccan Traps lie on a line on almost the opposite side of the globe as the Chicxulub Crater and are dated at the same time.
  30. A

I do happen to think that the values of scientism and negative scepticism are flawed, it does not follow logically that this is any sort of hash judgement which must be against an individual. I tend to feel though that logic is something sadly lacking in Dada. Logic is not an entity, it's a...
  31. A

When NASA has a successful space mission it is heralded as a triumph of science. When it has a failure it is usually said to be an engineering failure. Science is prepared even to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs in order to perpetuate the myth of scientific infallibility. The...
  32. A

Hi Analis I often get accused of not answering posts and I was tempted to do so with yours; not because there's no answer, but because it would entail a weeks work to answer all the points. I have no intention of including relativity in the thread of the Velikovsky's scenario. This was...
  33. A

Hi Jerry How else would I do it? You still don't get it, do you? There is nothing wrong with the dictionary definition of science. If you use this as a guide, then Velikovsky's science was perfectly valid. The fact that a group of people join forces and decide to declare it void is totally...
  34. A

Science jerry-B is what I've spent my life reading about and I can honestly state that the only useful thing that my years of education did for me was to teach me to read. If science wants to continue in it's present form and not make any changes, it will have to find some way to stop people...
  35. A

I think that i can rest my case with this one as it seems to agree that GR was never proven. The next question posed is “Is it worth the candle” and the answer should be no for the simple reason that GR and SR have never produced any benefit to the people who pay for it and even less in terms of...
  36. A

I may be getting all this wrong, but it didn't work did it? Radiation problems buggering the 'puter, not to mention running out of gas? The other thing that confuses me is what exactly is it measuring? What is frame dragging and how does this constitute a proof of GR? Gravity waves have...
  37. A

You have me at a disadvantage with “HACOCK” as I've said, I don't read his stuff. IMHO he is an interloper in the field of catastrophism and has brought nothing new, or I'm sure I would have heard about it. Typical is your comment that he has gone over to the other side and it's not unexpected...
  38. A

Corliss rates anomalies as 1-4 with 1 being of the type that would need major changes in scientific perception. Opening “The Moon and Planets” 1985, I find the first (1) rating to be about the perihelion of mercury and if it can be accounted for by GR. This has been played down in the...
  39. A

You seem not to understand what Corliss does and why. He offers anomalies and a scale that gives an idea how much the anomaly would “shake the foundations” were it to be researched and found to be valid. In some cases the anomaly is well documented by science but ignored. He also includes some...
  40. A

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

I think that this is the question and also the crux of the matter and the answer is still no.
  41. A

I have mentioned this before (ice age) and someone said it was from the seventies? The point being that we have a whole new warming scenario and it's all down to new and improved methods as it was when this was in vogue. If you wish to swallow it wholesale you have my blessing, but I recommend a...
  42. A

Hi Timble For once we agree, this is just the point that i was making. The almost total unreliability of the reports. There are no facts that cannot be refuted by another authority. I hope that you read the one about the return of the ice age. The facts as i see them are, that yes, we have...
  43. A

Hi eburacum This is full of uncertainties and the bottom line above is about all that can be expected, the “broader picture” being that the earth is warming. The cause of the warming is still uncertain and the research does not give a licence to blame the proles' for the results. There is no...
  44. A

The only evidence being produced is that that supports the paradigm and the paradigm is among other things anti-Velikovskian. There are bits and pieces that come to light, but are not much use alone. You can find these on William Corliss website and a correlation would be valuable, but no one...
  45. A

Hi many_angled_one nice to hear from you What you say is basically true. There is a problem however in that what constitutes evidence to one person is not evidence to another and I find myself in the position of attempting to be all things to all men. This is clearly absurd. If you find a...
  46. A

I can see what you're saying, but I can't see the logic involved. What exactly is feeding back from what in order that 98pc gets warmed from 2pc. What you seem to be saying is that the CO2 acts as some kind of heating element for the rest of the atmosphere. This could easily be checked in the...
Back