• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. henry

Bizarre Voice In Mississippi

i was able to go back to the location april 19th, taking same waitress from the evening of the last time i retraced my steps and took audio recordings everything re the building was broadly as the first time, vent at front still kicked in, and i immediately started to hear the sound of the...
  2. henry

seemed a lot longer at the time, but timestamp on first photo was 16.19 last photo was 16.25
  3. henry

im wondering if this guy was the type to rig up some crazy homemade security system complete with zany recordings to scare off casual intruders ... from an online tribute to the last listed owner : "JF went home to be with his Lord, Jesus Christ, on Thursday, Feb. 9, 2006 ... he graduated form...
  4. henry

a little real estate research shows current details as a mr JF of athens TN, who appears to have passed away nearly 20 years ago following a cellphone tower fall, seems he was an amateur radio enthusiast with FCC call sign, who (in TN) provided building space and transmitter equipment to amateur...
  5. henry

if you zoom on the last photo i took, of the building square on from the grassed area, to the left of the beautifully rusted out door you can see half a low vented panel, which i referred to as having been kicked in, i did stick my head in but was just a dark dirty floor and standing water in...
  6. henry

couple of things occurred to us as i was telling her the story as we drove around ... the voice felt like a recording, it was so clear and bright and perfectly delivered, but i cant see how it couldve been anywhere near me ... i did have two phones with me, and i took photos with them, but i...
  7. henry

later that evening, circa 10pm, i was back in that area, in the town of lexington with a waitress friend of mine, we had gotten something at sonic in lexington and were driving around in my truck in the dark kind of recreationally ... i related the story of the building from earlier that day and...
  8. henry

this happened a couple of weeks ago, on afternoon of sunday 12th march in fact ... and not far from the locus of the bizarre night in mississippi i have been gradually exploring backroads of the mississippi delta by car over the last period, stopping and checking out historic blues places and...
  9. henry

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

should unlock the door then
  10. henry

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

different key
  11. henry

Hearing Voices

or a simple case of auditory pareidolia
  12. henry

Solstice (Movie)

shame about the flick
  13. henry

Solstice (Movie)

spinning this teen horror disc now courtesy oxfam on oldham street, very happy to catch FT all over the opening scene
  14. henry

The Transdimensional Gas Station

well that was a couple of hours well spent
  15. henry

its probably responsible for a few burnage bowl cuts, d you know what i mean
  16. henry

i think i recall that barber
  17. henry

fairly unadorned simple youtube retelling here interesting comment :
  18. henry

Bizarre Bath In Mississippi

im thinking it could have been something like that somehow, only i was fully sitting up and torso out of the water when i felt it ... the impression i got, and obviously it wasnt this, was of a huge invisible leach unsucking itself from my upper back and dropping into the water
  19. henry

Bizarre Bath In Mississippi

this was a little strangeness from recently ... as part of my 1940s bluesman-style existence at the gateway to the delta (greenwood MS) my apartment has a small bath and no shower, and ive got used to lazing around listening to Pat Novak - For Hire on vinyl while i soak midweek a couple of...
  20. henry

Bizarre Night In Mississippi

having just returned from a few months in the MS delta, i took that same route several times most weeks ... ive even come off at pickens northbound for no other reason than to pause at the top of the ramp ... nothing to report sadly
  21. henry

Phone Weirdness

agents operators or subcontracted call centre or messaging handlers selling lists of customer details out the back door
  22. henry

The End Of The World '92/'93

the crux of this thread for me is the playground rumour aspect of it, rather than any serious or published attempts at pinning down a date for the extinction of mankind/all life ... as someone who attended a uk primary in the 70s and grammar school in the 80s i reckon 2 or 3 times during then...
  23. henry

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

interesting website here with photos of the original station, it seems the station was redesigned and rebuilt in the thirties to cope with increased footfall, the old station is still there, or parts of it, heres a quote from someone who was part of the hidden london tour of the old station...
  24. henry

by way of escher
  25. henry

theres the rub
  26. henry

entrance E / subway 1 is the locus note F and G also and an indicated shop entrance
  27. henry

not intended as a theory, just noting where i saw a degree of congruity with my own memory of @regentpalacehotel ... but its those weird little details that dollface fixates upon that make the story a great read, and of course the contemporaneous letter is gold ... didnt see this image on the...
  28. henry

The End Of The World '92/'93

understatement of the decade !
  29. henry

there were also a couple of subterranean bars with street entrances that led off to one side or other of the street between the hotel and piccadilly circus entrance in the nineties, who knows what they were before the bar culture explosion ... onesuch definitely used to lead to a lower level...
  30. henry

had to re-remind myself of some of the details of this thread since rejoining (piccadilly circus cafe account) ... i did spend a fair bit of time @regentpalacehotel in mid-late 90s it was a riot, i did a few days in the city here and there each month for 4 or 5 years with work, always liked the...
  31. henry

Mince Pies

possibly the space rocket conifer had been decorated as a garden christmas tree at some point in the recent past, seems to be a xmas axis to this ihtm
  32. henry

In The Shadow Of A Plane

a plane at a higher altitude will appear to take longer to cross the sun from a given point on the ground, versus a plane just taken off for instance ... wont this influence the perceived size of shadow also what about the poster who saw the model aircraft sized shadow on his carpet ... was it...
  33. henry

re the "bridge out" scenario, my old man always keeps his cool behind the wheel, but i vividly recall the moment during one summer holiday when he stopped the car and got everyone to put their seatbelts on before undertaking some manoeuvre he wasnt confident about, this was pre-seatbelt laws in...
  34. henry

In The Shadow Of A Plane

this happened again a couple of weeks ago, in the car this time ... on road back from Leek to the A34, felt the shadow go across windscreen and so leaned out, kind of recognising the feeling ... plane had just passed the disc of the sun, roughly same width maybe every 16 years ...
  35. henry

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

set up a camera maybe ?
  36. henry

this guy has started using the #transdimensionalgasstation tag on instagram, seems to have cooked up his own one-man show !
  37. henry

The Buzzing Misty Entity At Helen's Bay Beach

gets the day in = gets you through the day ?
  38. henry

"Meeting Nicola"

im all about the evidence
  39. henry

Cheating The Ferryman

if you were heading out from shaw on driving roads chances are youd be motoring towards the pennines ... there are certainly some hairy corners but generally they look and feel scarier than their objective reality and in fact cars have a habit of making it through every curve with minimum of...
  40. henry

"Meeting Nicola"

41. henry

"Meeting Nicola"

they were sirens, they were just called mermaids
  42. henry

"Meeting Nicola"

im getting a hagrid vibe reading this ... arent there also sirens in harry potter
  43. henry

Black, Swirling Mass

im getting a static electricity vibe reading this
  44. henry

The Buzzing Misty Entity At Helen's Bay Beach

as i read it there was a disconnect between the momentarily visible cloud and the buzzing noise ... bit of stray coastal fog ? sometimes only takes a couple of insects to get a buzz on, on a quiet night, thinking of how sound of crickets/cicadas also almost seem to follow you
  45. henry

The Mysterious Case Of Elisa Lam

cf. madeleine mccann
Back