• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. B

Catherine Crowe

I have at last reclaimed my copy of " The Night Side of Nature " by Catherine Crowe ( Under odd circumstances - but that's on a different thread ). I have vol 1 3rd edition, published 1852, but originally published circa 1840's. Her introduction is a gem, in which she criticises scientists for...
  2. B

The Aura Mill

Has anyone heard of the aura mill? I think I read about it in a book of parlour tricks and experiments years ago. Recently a friend of mine has really refined this device. He cuts a circle out of cooking foil, then scores the radial lines with a pointed object without cutting through the foil...
  3. B

Parkinson's disease

Did anybody see the interview on the Richard and Judy show today in which a doctor who suffers from the disease demonstrated a neural device which stops the shaking more or less completely? Implanted electrodes in the lower part of the brain have fine wires routed under the skin to a position...
  4. B

Elective Affinity: Simultaneous Events Without Joint Cause

anyone know of any events, happenings etc. that always appear together, but cannot be shown to have a common cause, or do not have a causal effect upon each other?
  5. B

Alternative Medicine: Hypnotherapy

I have seen minor surgery performed under hypnosis and have used the technique in the past to remove the fear of visiting the dentist for one friend, and also to assist in pain relief in chidbirth for my ex. and some of our friends. I learned 'how to do it' about 40 yrs ago and used to put on...
  6. B

Springs & Wells (Holy, Sacred & Healing)

Springs,wells, rivers, lakes etc. all have significance in early religions.We all come from the primordial ocean, we're told.. so no water - no life. Around my area there are many springs bearing a saint's name since the christianisation of pagan worship and local and visiting pagans leave...
  7. B

Dowsing

Any recommendations on getting started with dowsing. I had read books about dowsing and never got it to work. When I saw it being demonstrated at a country fair I had another go with the help of the demonstrator. He gave me metal rods to hold bent to an L shape about 10" x 6" along each arm...
  8. B

The Mirror

I think the mirror has become significant in folklore as a natural progression from celtic lore where the boundary between air and water represents the joining point of the material and the spirit world. Pools and lakes held sacred signicance for early celts, and the fracturing of the...
  9. B

Astral Projection / OOBE

astral projection Years ago I was given a book called "astral projection" by Muldoon and Carrington, I would be about 15 at the time. It contained explicit directions on how to develop the technique, and I followed these for a time without success. Eventually, I managed to apparently lift my...
Back