• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

The Madeleine McCann Disappearance

I think you're onto something there Quake - If the 'parents' (using the term loosly considering) left their children every night, it's easy to imagine a scenario where some sicko's taking note & spotting an opportunity. Jesus f**king Christ.
  2. D

What's The Most Extreme Film You've Ever Watched?

BlackRiver.. it was a pig wasn't it? under the sheet? unless there was another disturbing scene that I missed.. Lindsay Anderson eh? I see he did a follow up called 'Britannia Hospital'. I think i'll give that one a miss Lindsay, thanks all the same. ya c**t. :laughing: re: the 'gun to...
  3. D

What's The Most Extreme Film You've Ever Watched?

well you were free to turn it off at any time (or did someone have a gun to your head) one filum that disturbed me as a kid was 'oh lucky man'.. one scene in particualr actually.. it was just ambling along as some mildly entertaining surreal filum then.. BLAM! bloody hell.. it seems these...
  4. D

Crackdown on Lunar-Fuelled Crime

5. D

I Saw Something Yesterday

maybe it was a sock puppet.
  6. D

Ghosts Online: The Haunted Internet

(Adjective) Marked by or exhibiting a lack of reliability, due to questionable existence of source material.
  7. D

My Mum's Weird 666 Experience

he should've appeared & took her soul. satan, you're a bloody washout.
  8. D

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

melody in a dream..a fragment yes but have you ever woken up with a tune in your head you've never heard before? it's happened to me more than a couple of times; the last of which left me humming it all morning.. and then.. before it dawns on me (slight pun there) 'hey I should pen this'...
  9. D

Tattoos

:lol: - watch it, they'll have you up against the wall for saying things like that around here! ..and dont even *think* about saying what I think you're going to say..
  10. D

Lion Hugs & Kisses Saviour

that's right - they use their rough tongues to lick the meat from the bones. your bog-standard garden-variety moggy's tongue is coarse enough, I dread to think what a lion's feels like :shock:
  11. D

C*nt originally a term of endearment?

I seem to remember the director's commentary on The Tailor of Panama DVD mentioning this. The director has a little moan about it now being an offensive word.
  12. D

Useful Applications

Re: Something I discovered yesterday.. I'm in the midlands too (Nottingham) & images around the area I live are around 2 years old. Considering it was shot by plane i'm not complaining. Over 5 years old is probably not so good though.
  13. D

Argh ye beat me to it Frobush. Still, it's worthy of a Fortean news item methinks :)
  14. D

Cosmic ordering...

& don't forget the hardback edition of '101 Things to do with a Closed Mind'.
  15. D

Cosmic ordering...

& when you grow into a big boy, try & learn how quantum physics & the law of attraction relate to each other :)
  16. D

I can't quote it due to copyright issues, but here's the link :- http://www.local6.com/news/10726779/detail.html There's a video on there too. Heartwarming story! We need more of these!
  17. D

Cosmic ordering...

Thing is, despite all the jewellry/talismans, I believe you have to stay focused 100% of the time & not let any thoughts of failure enter your mind because it's supposed to derail you from your goals. You haven't just got to want something badly, you've got to believe it's already yours. If you...
  18. D

Cosmic ordering...

I'm workin' on it!
  19. D

Cosmic ordering...

Sounds similar to The Law of Attraction which has cropped up before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Attraction Basically the theory is that like attracts like. Sounds quite crackpot.. But if you adopt that attitude & pass it off as such, then it won't work anyway because you're...
  20. D

Useful Applications

Something I discovered yesterday.. Microsoft Maps Live :- http://maps.live.com/ Similar to Google Maps / Google Earth but much better for UK peeps - A lot of the UK is on there already. You can zoom in closer too. Go into 2D - You get presented with an aerial view at a slight tilt, not...
  21. D

Useful Applications

Protect your email from spam with spoof addresses :- http://sneakemail.com/
  22. D

Hospital Happenings Of The Supernatural Kind

i'll relay some of her accounts later on, probably tonight. i've asked her to post herself, but this board's not really her thing (or the internet in general, besides ebay :)) stay tuned - it's some weird shit!
  23. D

Hospital Happenings Of The Supernatural Kind

My sister's a nurse & she's seen more than her fare share of the ghosties..
  24. D

The Perverse Delights of You Tube.

this one's damn funny :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAuMYQN9gA ..and this is pretty mental but I love it :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy_efKAvFnQ&eurl=
  25. D

Black Stick Man

I'll take a look at that, thanks.
  26. D

Black Stick Man

Interesting OTR.. Source?
  27. D

Competitions and Positive Thought...

Mattattattatt, google 'law of attraction'.
  28. D

Black Stick Man

here's your original post ms carparts :- http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1788&highlight=shunter
  29. D

Gathering Of Cats

Sounds like Nottingham on a Friday night.
  30. D

Angel of The Thames

jeff & timble, your detective work's proving really interesting reading - carry on! :) i'm all for fundraising for honest charities though, no matter how insidious. heh.
  31. D

Angel of The Thames

jeff, the registrar is the same for both domains which I reckon is suspicious. does anyone remember a year or two back a thread on here regarding a web-page reporting a camera found in suspicous circumstances with a mystery film? the page held some form of diary of events that were supposed...
  32. D

Angel of The Thames

are you sure those domains don't tie up?
  33. D

Yellow Rain?

Well it's always pissing it down in this neck of the woods.
  34. D

Angel of The Thames

I don't think there was anything prior to a single news item (at least on the web to my knowledge) which some monkey has taken & ran with. A number of the supposedly independant sites were registered using the same registrar, a couple even on the same day. The ones that can't be tracked are...
  35. D

Angel of The Thames

..and the author will undoubtedly try & capitalise on this hoax by way of a book in the not too distant. :evil:
  36. D

Joe Kittinger's 1960 Skydive from an Altitude of 31 km

http://www.warprecords.com/dayvancowboy/ ..part of the footage was used in Boards of Canada's 'Dayvan Cowboy' music video, which suits it rather well imo. Follow the above url to download (various formats)
  37. D

Strange happenings in my 'new' flat!

Yeah, the more opinions the better really.. I'll shut up! :)
  38. D

Strange happenings in my 'new' flat!

pazza, with all due respect, if you're so blatently skeptical, why are you here? you're entitled to your opinion of course, but I can't help but think that you're giving your ego a boost. try that infidels site or something.
  39. D

Weird Personal Names

I missed that escargot, what exactly was she banging on about? ps: jan glasscock.. lol.. why do I find that amusing.. guess i'm just an immature bast.
  40. D

The Ship

Stop bumping this thread & let it die like the death it deserves!!
  41. D

Noises Off

I think Mr.Bentine had a point actually, you do go on a bit :) no offence, was interesting really..
  42. D

Noises Off

Elidorius should've gone back & said something like "Michael, I just wondered if you're doing anything tomorrow evening as I feel I haven't quite finished what I wanted to say.. Tell you what Mike you're not busy are you..Stick the Kettle on, I mean i've got all night.. Peter Sellers wasn't...
  43. D

Noises Off

next time indeed, he died about a decade ago. oh & emps, it looks like another wardrobe incident!
  44. D

The Burning Man on the Clifftop

Re: trigger happy tv? practical jokes exactly.. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5921244627589859819 the series of clips in question relating to this features a train ride with the camera pointing out of the window at the passing scenery. suddenly it'll pass 'the grim reaper'...
  45. D

What Really Scares You?

no no no.. live life like you're gonna die, because you're gonna. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're gonna die.
  46. D

What Really Scares You?

they've got a point though..
  47. D

The Burning Man on the Clifftop

sounds like someone's a fan of trigger happy tv, jouweleen (the UK version at least)
  48. D

Precognitive Mundanity

what if his day job is writing crap poetry?
Back