• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

The Walking Dead

Lotsa behind the scenes drama on this show. The main guy behind the show, Frank Darabont, was fired early into the second season's filming and was replaced. AMC also cut the per episode budget drastically. They guy who wrote the books, whose name escapes me, is still with the show.
  2. S

District 9

Enjoyed the hell out of it, the best sci fi actioner I've seen since Starship Troopers. I loved the gratuitous splatter and the character arc of the protagonist. I also liked that they didn't beat you over the head with the social commentary either.
  3. S

'Drood' by Dan Simmons

I tried reading Hyperion but I just couldn't get into it. I've never read any of his crime-noir books either. I think his best 2 are Carrion Comfort and The Terror. I don't think Drood is as compelling as The Terror, which I found I couldn't put down once I started it, but I love his use of...
  4. S

Day Of The Triffids

I recently watched the original bbc mini series, finally available over here in the states, and loved it. So much better than the horrible movie version.
  5. S

'Drood' by Dan Simmons

Anyone read this one yet, I'm about 200 pages in. I loved Simmons' last one, The Terror. From the book description:
  6. S

The Wicker Man Remake

I thought for sure that they would change the ending and have him escape somehow. This movie was pretty bad.
  7. S

United 93 movie internet forum pulled.

I've seen it. Over half of the movie doesn't even take place on the plane, instead dealing with the air traffic controllers, the FAA, and the military and their collective confusion and struggle to try to figure out what is happening. The parts on the plane are intense and even though I knew...
  8. S

V for Vendetta

I'm big fan of the book and I thought it was pretty good. It was as good as Hollywood could have done with a book like that. I went in with very low expectations and ended up enjoying it. Hugo Weaving was effing great as V.
  9. S

The Da Vinci Code

Is this the rumoured sequel to The Brown Mile? :shock:
  10. S

Munich

One Day in September is the name of the great documentary on this. Everyone should check it out before seeing Munich. It's really good.
  11. S

Oldboy

The statement was that hypnosis solves all your problems. :lol:
  12. S

Masters of Horror: The TV Series

From fangoria.com: http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5428
  13. S

I finally caught Carpenter's Cigarette Burns and I think it's the best that I've seen of the series so far. I still haven't seen Coscarelli's entry though. I can't believe Cigarette Burns was written by 2 of the guys behind Aint-it-cool-news.com.
  14. S

Watched the episode entitled The Fair Haired Child. I thought it was on par with Dreams in the Witch House. Solid but not outstanding. It was directed by William Malone, whoever that is.
  15. S

Hostel

Saw Hostel last nite. It delivered the goods. It is a huge step up from Cabin Fever. I knew I was in for something when I noticed that they were actually checking ID's to see if people were really of age. I read that there was an alternate ending but tests audience found it so upsetting...
  16. S

The Warriors

I love this movie. I used to watch it a lot back in the 80's when it seemed WGN used to show it every weekend at midnight. I still watch the dvd a couple of times a year. The new dvd has an hour long doc on the making of that's really good. A little trivia, the only female in the cast, who...
  17. S

Best and worst Fortean films of 2005

I walked to the ticket booth and admitted my shame: 'One ticket for The Cave, please'. Yes, it was a real hoover.
  18. S

Wolf Creek

Saw this last Tuesday. I thought it was good but not great. Everyone that I went with complained that it took too long for the nastiness to begin. There was even a few walkouts. The guy that played the psycho was very good. It's not as gory and violent as the ads would lead you to believe...
  19. S

Best and worst Fortean films of 2005

The best I saw this year: A History of Violence ~ not his best but still the best I saw this year Grizzly Man ~ Herzog delivers another great doc The Devil's Rejects ~ pure trash, but damn good trash Batman Begins ~ they finally got it right Sin City ~ loved the books so of course I loved...
  20. S

King Kong

It was good. Not the best I've see this year, but still very good. Kong looks very realistic, especially in the close-up scenes of his face.
  21. S

Short piece about Lucky McKee's Sick Girl: http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5267
  22. S

That was the first one, right? Coscarelli? I've yet to see that one.
  23. S

David Cronenberg

The best movie I saw this year. Cronenberg's take on Norman Rockwell America is a harrowing one.
  24. S

'The Descent' ~ new film from the director of 'Dog Soldiers'

I've had the distinct pleasure of seeing both The Descent and The Cave, and I have to say the former is the better of the 2. Marshall takes a worn out premise and turns it into a visceral horror experience, never skimping on the gore, while the latter is a by-the-numbers, PG13, Hollywood...
  25. S

I've seen episodes 2-6 so far and my fave has been Argento's entry. Gordon's wasn't bad either. Hooper's was the worst of the bunch. I'm looking forward to the Lucky McKee and Miike entries.
  26. S

'In The Realms Of The Unreal: The Mystery Of Henry Darger'

Anybody seen this one yet? IMDB entry: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390123/
  27. S

David Cronenberg

Cronenberg is my favorite living director. I think Videodrome is one of the most prescient movies ever made. I'm sure somebody has had to tell Rupert Murdoch, at least once, that he can't air a channel based around torture, rape, and murder. My other faves of his are Scanners, The Brood...
  28. S

V for Vendetta

Comic Con Panel There was a Comic con panel on the upcoming film. From Aicn:
  29. S

When I went to see Land of the Dead, they showed the trailer for The Cave, which looks identical to this movie except for 2 things: it's a coed spelunking party and the monsters look like giant bats.
  30. S

Romero's Dead Films

I finally got to see this one this past weekend. I liked it quite a bit, I found it to be better than Day of the Dead, but not as good as the first 2. I liked how Romero set up the whole 'have and have-nots' scenario. You get to see the zombies eating people. The vehicle 'Dead Reckoning'...
  31. S

Uwe Boll's Thread Of Eternal Shame

You are a true masochist! :D If you want to hear some really funny stuff, listen to some of his commentary on his dvds.
  32. S

Uwe Boll's Thread Of Eternal Shame

This may be my favorite thread title of all time on this board. :D
  33. S

Batman Begins

I would love to see Johnny Depp put his always original spin on the character of The Joker.
  34. S

Review Screening Review from AICN:
  35. S

'The Historian' by Elizabeth Kostova

Creepy! There wasn't any old books left on your doorstep were there? :twisted:
  36. S

Batman Begins

Finally got to see it yesterday, and I thought it was great and I will echo the sentiments that they finally got the character right. Ok, so who's going to be playing the Joker? I've read 2 names bandied about, Crispin Glover and Sean Penn. What about Mark Hamill? He did the great voice for...
  37. S

'The Historian' by Elizabeth Kostova

Anybody read this one yet? It just came out here stateside. Publisher's Weekly says: I just finished it and thought it was great. I had a hard time putting it down. This is a must read for fans of Dracula folklore. I read the other day that Sony Pictures paid seven figures for the movie...
  38. S

The Family A.K.A. The Children Of God

Rolling Stone Article There is a great article in the new issue of Rolling Stone about this cult and the suicide of their 'messiah'. Very compelling reading. The writer states that when they got wind that there was going to be an article, Rolling Stone got bombarded with emails from around...
  39. S

Romero's Dead Films

Box Office It's box office will probably drop this week, since War of the Worlds is opening Wednesday.
  40. S

Zatoichi - The Blind Swordsman

The original series is great! They've been airing them the past 3-4 years, every Saturday morning on IFC, complete and uncut. I don't know how many I've watched but it's been quite a few. I would also recommend the Hanzo the Razor series. They contain more blood, violence, sex, and humor...
  41. S

Romero's Dead Films

'Dream of the Dead' Watched Dream of the Dead the other nite on IFC. This was a half hour doc about the making of the film done by the same guy that directed, Document of the Dead back in the 70's. There was a short interview with Romero, where he talked of his dislike for CGI(using Van...
  42. S

Frank Miller's "Sin City"

The studios make more money on dvd sales now than box office receipts. The window between theatrical run and dvd release is becoming shorter and shorter with 3 months being close to the norm now. There was a recent Time/AOL poll that showed that most people would rather watch a film at home...
  43. S

Fulci's Zombies

The guy that did the makeup FX for Zombie also did the FX for the recent French slasher, Haute Tension.
  44. S

Spielberg's War Of The Worlds

Review! Short review here: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20487
  45. S

Batman Begins

A review from AICN's most esteemed reviewer, Neil Cumpston: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20467
  46. S

Romero's Dead Films

Thanks, I found it on your favorite website, Aint-it-cool-news.com. :lol:
  47. S

Romero's Dead Films

Unrated Trailer Unrated Trailer here: http://www.lotdunseen.com/#.
  48. S

Trailer here: http://thehollywoodnews.com/article/10060502.php. Not to be confused with the upcoming The Cave.
  49. S

LOST

Well, there were hardly any mysteries solved during the first season so you're pretty safe on that one.
  50. S

Carnivàle

Cancelled!!!! :cry: This has been officially cancelled by HBO after 2 seasons. I'm gonna miss it.
Back