• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

1. S

Expedition X [Season 3, Episode 6]: Aliens Of The Deep

Watched this interesting ("if factual") TV programme last night, was impressed in particular with the static video view of the night sky - which supposedly caught a UFO doing some crazy stuff above them. The main gist of this it was catching a supersonic craft flying above the waters off...
  2. S

Seeing People Just As They Die

Sorry if this is covered in another thread. Two years ago, on a Saturday afternoon, I had one of those phone calls from my oldest friend that no one ever wants to get. She was calling me to tell me that her husband had just died there in front of her (in the last few Minutes) and could I get...
  3. Paul_Exeter

Todmorden, UK (2020) Calf Mutilation With Photos

Warning: graphic images of the deceased calf as found by walkers: "Sunday, the 5th of July 2020, was a beautiful day in West Yorkshire. Albert Tyas and his girlfriend, Hannah Firth, decided to spend the day out walking in Todmorden. They parked close to the Shepherd’s Rest Inn, on Lumbutts Road...
  4. Amergin

Hiroshima Memorial Paper Plane Attack

Found this curious bit of news on the Boing Boing website: “Hiroshima police are on the lookout for the person who threw a paper airplane into its atomic bomb monument” “The paper airplane, which was taped shut carried a message on the outside that read, "Great Hiroshima Earthquake 10.28...
  5. DrPaulLee

The Ghosts Of King's Lynn & West Norfolk

I've finally completed it, after two years research, comprising 306 pages. I guarantee most of the nearly 200 stories you will not have heard of before! There's a link to the Amazon page here: www.paullee.com/gbook
  6. maximus otter

DNA Tool Transforms Nature Tracking

In their search for pink river dolphins, researchers in the Peruvian Amazon scooped up river water sloshing with genetic material that they hoped could trace the elusive creatures. They found what they were looking for. And then some. The environmental DNA collected yielded information on...
  7. EnolaGaia

New Zoonotic Human Pathogen: Canine Coronavirus (Malaysia; 2021)

A new coronavirus that can infect humans has been identified in samples from sick children in Malaysia. This one appears to be a mutated canine coronavirus. FULL STORY...
  8. CharmerKamelion

UFO Over Edinburgh On ITN News? [5 May 2021]

Hi guys. Did anyone see the ITN News at Ten tonight? That is on Wednesday 5th May. I ask because a few minutes into the programme (just moments after the headlines and title music) they cut away from the newsreader Tom Bradby (live from Edinburgh) to pan across the night sky above Edinburgh and...
  9. maximus otter

Monkey-Human Embryos Created In Lab For First Time

In a move that some scientists say raises serious ethical questions, researchers have for the first time embryos that are a hybrid of human and monkey cells. Juan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte, a professor in the Gene Expression Laboratories at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla...
  10. GNC

'Monoliths' Found In Utah & Elsewhere (2020-2021)

A monolith of unknown origin has been found on the Moon in the Utah desert: News story There's a video of it at the link, if you're interested. See if you can think up a 2001: A Space Odyssey joke for it.
  11. Ogdred Weary

Villeneuve's Dune Films

Probably deserves its own thread, the trailer leaked earlier but has since been taken down. It was in poor quality and didn't give much away. The Fremen looking pensive and many shots of Arakis, there was a fat bloke in mud, Barron Harkonen perhaps? It'll probably be properly released in the...
Back