• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

‘Proof’ Of Cannock Chase Bigfoot (UK)

Paul_Exeter

Justified & Ancient
Here:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/bigfoot-hunter-says-proof-7ft-25452721

“Lee Brickley found tracks and claw marks after a decade searching for the ape-like beast.

The 33-year-old says the print was a terrifying 41cm from toe to heel – nearly twice the size of a man’s size eight.

Lee knows people will think he is “mad” but he hopes to prove them wrong. He said: “When I show them the pictures they’re amazed."

Lee has written several books on the paranormal goings-on at Cannock Chase, including a short but interesting book of (alleged) witness accounts of the British Bigfoot .

F**c me, f**k me ragged. This is the kind of cr*p that kills real research. This is the kind of cr*p that makes people think real cryptozoologists are nutbags. Publish a lost book on the findings of a Soviet government backed project to search for relic hominins and nobody in the media is interested. Make up a story about 7 foot hominins living in a wood ten miles from Birmingham and they are all over it. Maybe i should sell them a story about living plesiosaurs in The Leeds and Liverpool Canal!

Last edited:
Hes mad.

But maybe not as mad as whoever prints his books.
It seems he prints his own books, hmmmm…..

I wish he would come and chat to us and justify his claims. Would also be nice if one of his witnesses would go publicly on the record, rather than “anonymous“ and pseudonyms.

I agree, Lord Mongrove,. Every time an article appears in the media that mentions water on Mars or speculates on life elsewhere - the biggest single question facing mankind - the comments fill up with morons banging on about Trump, Brexit, MPs and the House of Commons etc….

Sorry, there is no chance of a bigfoot in the UK. There are no vast unpopulated areas like North America.
I agree without reservation. So then its either misidentification, hoaxes or a paranormal entity. Having read the work of Linda Godfrey and Nick Redfern, I personally believe some reports are of a paranormal entity, likewise the 'alien' big black cats of the UK which reports are many but little of the way in physical evidence besides two escapees being recaptured/found dead (there were Eurasian lynx being held captive in a wildlife park near Lenwade, close to where the Norfolk lynx was found in a gamekeepers freezer).

I agree without reservation. So then its either misidentification, hoaxes or a paranormal entity. Having read the work of Linda Godfrey and Nick Redfern, I personally believe some reports are of a paranormal entity, likewise the 'alien' big black cats of the UK which reports are many but little of the way in physical evidence besides two escapees being recaptured/found dead (there were Eurasian lynx being held captive in a wildlife park near Lenwade, close to where the Norfolk lynx was found in a gamekeepers freezer).

I agree big wild cats can exist in the UK.

There is a fair bit of physical evidence for UK big cats, hair positively identified as leopard, bite marks on bones likewise identified as big cat, a full grown puma captured, a lynx captured and several jungle cats knocked down and killed on roads. Recent trail cam photos from Gloucester have been identified as puma by a former game warden. Just how many there are and how much they are breeding is an open question.
As for UK not a shred of evidence. Some of the witnesses sound like attention seeking loonies, other may have witnessed something, for want of a better term, 'paranormal'. The thing Jon Downes saw at Bollam Lake seemed to be 2D. He described it as like a 7 foot cut out that ran at an impossible speed forwards and backwards. 'A man shaped hole in reality' This phenomena has nothing to do with relic hominins.

Lee Brickley - should team up with McGrath, and they can keep one another company while the rest of us get on with having integrity.
(Jon Downes) described it as like a 7 foot cut out that ran at an impossible speed forwards and backwards. 'A man shaped hole in reality' This phenomena has nothing to do with relic hominins.
I'm still working - very slowly - on something about this. Biological? No way, at least not without giving Occam attacks of the vapours with quantum theory stuff however in vogue it is, but it doesn't alter the fact that people are seeing something, which I am convinced is the same big black shape they've been seeing for centuries, it's just now they interpret as a Bigfoot rather than a giant phantom monk, etc. There are many correspondences, and never forget in American First Nation lore there are two types of Bigfoot - the animal and the spirit. The animal can't reasonably exist on these shores, but the spirit is a different kettle of ballgame altogether.

Lee Brickley - should team up with McGrath, and they can keep one another company while the rest of us get on with having integrity.

I'm still working - very slowly - on something about this. Biological? No way, at least not without giving Occam attacks of the vapours with quantum theory stuff however in vogue it is, but it doesn't alter the fact that people are seeing something, which I am convinced is the same big black shape they've been seeing for centuries, it's just now they interpret as a Bigfoot rather than a giant phantom monk, etc. There are many correspondences, and never forget in American First Nation lore there are two types of Bigfoot - the animal and the spirit. The animal can't reasonably exist on these shores, but the spirit is a different kettle of ballgame altogether.
This description has just reminded me of something I get just prior to a migraine. When I go out walking in the dark, I can see 'shapes' in the darkness. usually rectangular block-like shapes that are darker than the dark and 'flicker' very quickly from side to side, often as I blink.

You need to talk to Steve Jones about this.

I've heard that from people with epilepsy, too, and when my own insomnia is particularly bad I get similar in my peripheral vision. There's a definite perception/neuro combination in there somewhere.
In this case it becomes less 'what are people seeing' and more 'why are they seeing what they are seeing?'

In this case it becomes less 'what are people seeing' and more 'why are they seeing what they are seeing?'
True, but doesn’t work with the many multiple witness cases (see Linda Godfrey’s research).

Also the majority of even single witness cases - that pass scrutiny - include fine details of the ‘creature’ including hair, teeth, claws/fingernails and eyes

Last edited:
True, but doesn’t work with the many multiple witness cases (see Linda Godfrey’s research).

Also the majority of even single witness cases - that pass scrutiny - include fine details of the ‘creature’ including hair, teeth, claws/fingernails and eyes
But then it could be said that 'something' is interfering with neuron activity, which produces visions. What people see could be influenced by what they believe they are seeing. I know my black rectangles are an effect of my brain when a migraine is approaching. If I didn't know this, then I may well believe that my area is haunted by a 'something' that produces dark shapes in the night. If, for example, an electrical sub station produces a field that makes people see things, then what they see may be different depending on their influences. And, of course, it wouldn't be a bar to multiple witnesses, as it would affect anyone present in the field at the time.

But then it could be said that 'something' is interfering with neuron activity, which produces visions. What people see could be influenced by what they believe they are seeing. I know my black rectangles are an effect of my brain when a migraine is approaching. If I didn't know this, then I may well believe that my area is haunted by a 'something' that produces dark shapes in the night. If, for example, an electrical sub station produces a field that makes people see things, then what they see may be different depending on their influences. And, of course, it wouldn't be a bar to multiple witnesses, as it would affect anyone present in the field at the time.
Then why aren’t these experiences more prevalent in cities that are by their nature full of manmade electricity…? Why aren’t multiple witnesses reporting shared hallucinations in London offices…?

I respect your position but from what I have read on this phenomenon I have to fundamentally disagree with this scenario

Then why aren’t these experiences more prevalent in cities that are by their nature full of manmade electricity…? Why aren’t multiple witnesses reporting shared hallucinations in London offices…?

I respect your position but from what I have read on this phenomenon I have to fundamentally disagree with this scenario
I'm using electricity sub stations as an example. I don't really think it's a product of them. But it could be something else - underground water, geological anomalies, energy fields - I don't have a definitive answer, obviously, but I do think these 'things' people are seeing is a product of the brain and nervous system not an external artifact.

Is this the guy who runs the Facebook Uk Bigfoot group? He claimed he had "incontrovertible" evidence of it's existence. when I asked him if he'd care to publish this evidence he stated that "the world isn't ready for it yet" I was then removed from the group and blocked, ah well, social media eh?

All my visits to the Chase (its a few miles up the road from here) were notable only for the complete absence of bird song which while quite weird isn't a hairy biped.

The Cannock Pigman on the other hand ... (there's almost certainly a thread around about him)
When we went cycling there the only weird occurrence was that we rode round a few times and I fell off at the same junction each lap.

All my visits to the Chase (its a few miles up the road from here) were notable only for the complete absence of bird song which while quite weird isn't a hairy biped.
I suppose you know that many of the eye witnesses on 'Sasquatch Chronicles' mention this as a feature of their experiences (in America that is... not Cannock Chase)? Sort of like Jenny Randle's Oz Effect.

But it could be something else - underground water, geological anomalies, energy fields
None of those things cause hallucinations though. They have been proposed by pro-paranormal people because they sound sciencey and reasonable but the world doesn't work that way. People describing what they are prone to believe, however, does result in strange reports. The brain, as you said, can create/enhance the weirdness. If people believe there is something weird going on, they will see lots more things to interpret as "weird".

None of those things cause hallucinations though. They have been proposed by pro-paranormal people because they sound sciencey and reasonable but the world doesn't work that way. People describing what they are prone to believe, however, does result in strange reports. The brain, as you said, can create/enhance the weirdness. If people believe there is something weird going on, they will see lots more things to interpret as "weird".
Yes, again, I'm not really proffering those as realities. But there can be all sorts of things that DO affect mental states - some of which we aren't sure yet, like electrical fields. I'm not trying to do a handwavy 'oh that could cause all these things' but equally I don't think that they should be done away with in an equally handwavy fashion. There is a LOT we don't know about the natural world, and its effect on brain states could be one of them.

Back