• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

★ ~ The David Bowie Thread ~ ★

There was a Ziggy's cafe in Aylesbury which is where he got the name from.

Same video with an extra pre-track. The Last Thing You Should Do
Smith's vocal and Bowie's lyrics are an alchemical marriage. Like Robert's shredding too.

hee hee ..

aLowLower.jpg

Same video with an extra pre-track. The Last Thing You Should Do
Smith's vocal and Bowie's lyrics are an alchemical marriage. Like Robert's shredding too.

I had no idea he'd performed with 'Uncle Bob' .. amazing track ..

Bowie was a great admirer of Brel and covered at least two of his songs - the acerbic 'Amsterdam'

Oh yes, 'Amsterdam'. First heard that on the Pin-Ups album as a young teenager. It didn't sound like a Bowie song, too much detail! It's like a Breughel painting.

The first time I can remember seeing David Bowie would've been on Top Of The Pops in 1979 performing 'Boys Keep Swinging' with the video of him in drag.
Never seen that. Can't find it yet. This version is pretty bloody good too.

That's a actually a nice interview, Planks. I like the bit where he talks about how his Spiders band were all from Parky's neck o' the woods and he gasses on about how they turned their noses up at wearing dayglo jumpsuits and mascara until they found out it got them shag on tap, whereupon they'd argue over who had first go at the pancake in the dressing room.
Men.

Another nice interview. 1977

A good quality face cast of David Bowie, $80 + shipping .. I bought a cool one of these of Bruce Campbell a few years ago, if you're into having famous people's heads lying around your house, I recommend it. They serve no practical use whatsover (unless you want to sculpt over them to recreate the prosthetics they were built for), they're just cool things to own.

abowie.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Bowie-1-1-Life-Mask-The-Hunger/142708887960?_trkparms=aid=444000&algo=SOI.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=51915&meid=3dd9f261690f4dfea0a2286f0e7c9a57&pid=100752&rk=6&rkt=6&sd=142740853323&itm=142708887960&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

Sounds like fun!
It's very satisfying, especially when you've taken a cast of a friend's face and you're sculpting over that. It takes a lot of prep to do it properly and you can't just stop half way through ... which is why my jaw once hit the floor when an unpaid assistant suddenly announced that her Mum had come to pick her up and just walked off once half way through a casting about 18 years ago. I could have murdered her, luckily someone else in the room jumped in and helped me finish the job. You make a positive from the negative, sculpt on that then make a negative of that and pour in your liquid or foam latex to make bespoke appliance that fit perfectly to you subject once they've all dried. Those appliance actually got mailed to America for a low budget amateur horror film to be glued onto someone over there, it wasn't affordable or realistic for me to fly over and make a cast of their actor so I chose a mate with roughly the same sized face and head in England instead. :)

You can see a bit of the make up here, the green demon on the right (I've only got printed pics of it unfortunately). F/X legend Tom 'The Evil Dead' Sullivan sculpted that Chalice of the Dead prop for us for free as well as shooting a cameo for us ..

aRTTWbar2.jpg

Anyway .. sorry .. David Bowie ..

Been listening to my all time favorite Bowie tune, Station to Station. It didn't get that much air play in it's day, likely due to it being a 10 minute song.

Back