• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

★ ~ The David Bowie Thread ~ ★

Been meaning to get this book for ages. Must do. Here's the chapter on Bowie's magical attempts in (Excerpted from Season of the Witch: How the Occult Saved Rock and Roll, published by Tarcher/Penguin, 2014. Used with permission). Get it while it's hot. I suspect the 'permission' granted here isn't and the link will die at some point.

https://medium.com/@kidamazo/the-magic-and-mystery-of-david-bowie-455f1edffa0f
1*xjGPIDk61UgDjzA-q9R5XQ.jpeg

The workout mix I use at the gym - whenever I go back to it - has Suffragette City, Holy Holy, Modern Love and Scary Monsters on it, Bowie being the biggest presence on the mix (followed by Led Zep, Floyd and PIL.)
:pcheers:

And Starman is Dame Dave's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

And Starman is Dame Dave's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
I wonder if it's still playing on the stereo in Ellon Musks Tesla car floating off up there? .. unless he arranged some sort of extra battery back up, I expect that car is in silence now ..

I'd forgotten about that - is the car even still up there?

I wonder if it's still playing on the stereo in Ellon Musks Tesla car floating off up there? .. unless he arranged some sort of extra battery back up, I expect that car is in silence now ..
It is. He's stepping through the door. And he's floating in a most peculiar way.

The David Bowie/Frank Sinatra's My Way connection .. this is actually pretty cool and not just some internet nutter invented thing ...
Would you believe, if I had thought about this exact same thing today (well, that would apparently be yesterday now, seeing that it's evidently nearly two in the morning next day).

Trust and believe, because it's true.

Let's see... be back in a moment...

From my Bowie collection, the original front and back covers for, 'The Man Who Sold the World' album.

Was it not replaced because of complaints?

2019428_2281224_compress_52.jpg
2019428_22621634_compress_53.jpg

Was wondering if there was a live version of, 'Kooks' and discovered this was now online.

Only listened to the first few seconds, so this will be a new revelation to myself as well!

Was browsing YouTube there, looking for any rare footage from the German, 'Rockpalast' broadcasts.

Stunned to come across this - Bowie live, 1996, full concert.

Consummately, somehow, entirely oblivious to same - never seen it before and apparently includes:

2019429_23632996_compress_40.jpg

There seems to be rare, live, footage of Bowie from around that era and this is just...

Well... you can be the judge.

Perhaps best accompanied with a beer, glass of wine, etc..?

Enjoy.

Bowie is in this, though difficult to spot:

Certainly sounds like his voice at the end (he didn't do the song).

Back