• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Well Ronnie Jersey,

I feel your pain.

I never convinced anyone I saw an UFO, so I gave up trying before people would think I was crazy.

I also believe dimensions bump into each other.

It's painfully obvious this is a yarn. Small town newspapers were full of them in the 1800s and early 1900s, along with a lot of trash talking of neighboring towns, their newspapers and editors, especially in the western US. Sam Clemens became famous as Mark Twain by engaging in such activities. People who are not familiar with the realities of the newspaper business back then tend to think fluff like this was serious reporting, when they were really just humorous pieces, often poking fun at local worthies.

Back in the 70s, there were some people around the area who were alive at the time the story hit the paper. They had either heard nothing of it, or knew it was just a tall tale. The "facts" given in the story don't match reality either. OK, some people swore it was all real. They were in the minority, and I know people who swear to the truth of all sorts of nonsense.

There were some actual investigations done by competent people over the years, and no one found any reason to take the story seriously. I'm sure there are some bloggers and Reddit fans who have done "investigations" and "research" and, well, all bets are off when that crowd joins the circus. For some sober examination of the reality, Kevin Randle has a fair bit about it in several posts on his blog. (I do not consider him a "blogger" since he is an accomplished author, and has done more actual research than twelve dozen posers.)

Well Ronnie Jersey,

I feel your pain.

I never convinced anyone I saw an UFO, so I gave up trying before people would think I was crazy.

I also believe dimensions bump into each other.
Oh it's not pain, LOL - just kind of odd that people will believe, for instance, your report of a traffic accident, but suddenly you are either blind or crazy or seeing things when the subject is UFOs. All four of us saw exactly the same huge thing hovering above us, there was no mistaking it for a helicopter or anything normal. We didn't try to convince anyone, but I recall telling my Dad about it, and he just blew me off saying, 'I don't believe in such things'. Well, maybe I didn't believe in such things either, until I saw it with my own eyes.
Yes, could be dimensions occupying the same space. There's that man, Harry Martindale, who saw Roman soldiers in the basement of The Treasurer's House in 1953, in York, England - and he wasn't the only person to see them. And those soldiers were dead centuries ago, but still marching on...........

I wasn't aware that there have been many UFO crashes, but in any case the Aurora Texas crash of 1897 certainly didn't copy any of the twentieth century incidents.
And that particular vehicle was reported as 'trailing smoke' and flying erratically, ending up crashing into a windmill and exploding:

1659117517584.png

So you don't think it a bit odd that the townspeople simply buried a Martian in the local cemetary, then forgot all about it? It's hardly as if Martians fall from the sky every day.
They didn't forget about it. There was a marker at the grave until someone stole it in the 1990's. My friend was aquainted with the people who stole it and saw it in their garden. Years later we took a field trip to the grave yard (we lived about 30 minutes away) and had fun wandering around looking at grave stones. There must have been a bad virus or disease in 1890's because there were whole families buried together within weeks. We found an unmarked grave and took some pictures making jokes that it was the alien's grave. Sometime later we saw a television show (probably discovery channel) that had a story on the Aurora incident. We laughed so hard because the grave that they kept filming was the same one we had picked out and photographed.

Back