• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

1940s Alien Account Near Newcastle (Gateshead Grey)

thethingishere

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
richplanet.net/detail.php?dbindex=206
Link is dead. No archived version found. See later post for current version.

Just came across this video footage on richplanet.net about an alien sighting in newcastle in the 1940s.

Last edited by a moderator:
richplanet.net/detail.php?dbindex=146
Link is dead. No archived version found. See later post for current version.

here is a video from the same site that goes into more detail about what happened.
Interestingly I can remember about 5 or ten years ago hearing on a local radio show about an incident in which a alien was attacked and killed in the north east of england in the forties and then the body was stored in a underground site along the coast line near to south shields.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the video. Quite nice.

But now I want the whole incident made into a movie with Simon Pegg playing the military officer or the constable.
;)

thethingishere said:
Interestingly I can remember about 5 or ten years ago hearing on a local radio show about an incident in which a alien was attacked and killed in the north east of england in the forties and then the body was stored in a underground site along the coast line near to south shields.

Marsden Grotto!?

McAvennie_ said:
Marsden Grotto!?

:lol: That's exactly what I thought when I read that too.

i think it was just along from the grotto. What I can remember from the show the person phoning in said that their father had been based there and the place had very large metal doors then large rooms and passageways inside with a medical room deep inside.

thethingishere said:
i think it was just along from the grotto. What I can remember from the show the person phoning in said that their father had been based there and the place had very large metal doors then large rooms and passageways inside with a medical room deep inside.

:shock: Sounds ominous. Would be interested to know if you had any further details of recollection of where this was. From what I recall once you pass Marsden Grotto and before you get to Whitburn there is something on the right hand side [heading south] that my memory is telling me fits that bill. But then I doubt a secret underground base would be just sat on the roadside...

McAvennie_ said:
But then I doubt a secret underground base would be just sat on the roadside...

Might be hiding plain view (there's a Quatermass movie based on that idea, isn't there)?

But doing that would take imagination. And, at least an electrified fence.

I'm actually quite heartened by that account. If Uncle Ernie can take out one of the little grey buggers armed only with a coal shovel then we have nothing to fear! ;)

danny_cogdon said:
I'm actually quite heartened by that account. If Uncle Ernie can take out one of the little grey buggers armed only with a coal shovel then we have nothing to fear! ;)

somehow I don' see the aliens from Independence Day or V being put off by Geordies wielding spades but it'd be a sight to see ;)

Mighty_Emperor said:
danny_cogdon said:

somehow I don' see the aliens from Independence Day or V being put off by Geordies wielding spades but it'd be a sight to see ;)

If the secret base is south of Marsden Grotto and the aliens referred to the locals as Geordies I would think even the 'Alien' would be running in fear shouting in its alien dialect 'game over, man!'

McAvennie_ said:
Mighty_Emperor said:
danny_cogdon said:

If the secret base is south of Marsden Grotto and the aliens referred to the locals as Geordies I would think even the 'Alien' would be running in fear shouting in its alien dialect 'game over, man!'

Mackem megadeath! :D

Guess where I'm from! ;)

My girlfriend's from Wearside and early on I made the mistake of calling her a Geordie. I didn't make that mistake again.

Just watching the video, one thing that really bugs me is when TV subtitles people from the North-east or Scotland.

Fair enough if they are using lots of colloquilisms but when they are just speaking English with an accent... :shock:

Really grinds my gears.

McAvennie_ said:
Fair enough if they are using lots of colloquilisms but when they are just speaking English with an accent... :shock:

Really grinds my gears.

I would have agreed until I encountered the new boss who nobody could understand. Of course, she could understand us, and we knew she was speaking in English, but...

On the other hand, perhaps it's less a matter over there than here in California where we don't hear these accents often. The subtitles really help us.

McAvennie_ said:
From what I recall once you pass Marsden Grotto and before you get to Whitburn there is something on the right hand side [heading south] that my memory is telling me fits that bill. But then I doubt a secret underground base would be just sat on the roadside...

Masden%20Lime%20Kilns02.jpg

That's what's left of a brickworks (i.e. where they make bricks) by the look of it....not really your secret base...

What an absolutely intriguing tale! The thing that bothers me though, is the fact that no one there, can corroborate any of it. There were girls there, so why didn't anyone try to trace them? Something like this, especially with millitary and police involvement, would leave a ton of footprints in the snow, yet, the excuse is that he was threatened with murder, if he spoke about it. Why? He sounds convincing, but I don't know the man. Everyone who lives round there might know of him, but he doesn't appear to know anyone. Maybe they all think of him as a nutter etc! I'd love to hear more about it, but it does put me off, when the source of things like this, come from ufo sites that actively promote a lot of bunkum. :(

Timble2 said:
That's what's left of a brickworks (i.e. where they make bricks) by the look of it....not really your secret base...

That's what they want you think....

bigphoot1 said:
Timble2 said:

That's what they want you think....

No, that's a brickworks all right. What you want to ask is: of what ingredients are the bricks comprised? (Or, even, what fuel is firing the kilns? Blue light is a tad unusual.)

as I said before the story of the base I heard on a radio show and it was right on the coast the lady said that her father showed her it at low tide.

I've watched the RichPlanet video several times and this case really intrigues me. It sounds too good to be true, but the witness himself strikes me as being sincere. It's a pity that so much time passed before it was properly investigated or it may have been easier to track down other witnesses.

Can I also say how much I love the matter-of-fact way that Mr Hall said 'my uncle smashed its head in with a coal shovel'.

Does anyone know if Mr Hall (the witness, not the interviewer) is still with us, or if he's talked any further about his experience? A quick Goggle search didn't turn much up for me.

This YouTube video appears to be the current / surviving version of the videos associated with the dead links cited above.

Wow just wow as I have been going to Marsden Grotto since 1993 and also pass that brick work when I do a Coastal Bike ride from South Shields to Roker as I'm from North Shield I love South Tyneside but wasn't aware of any Gateshead Alien story just the stories about Marsden Grotto being haunted and there used to a old mug that was put out for the ghost at night.
Back in 2009 I was having a pint at the Grotto outside and saw 2 moving objects in the sky with one much higher up then the other one and then it stared to move down towards the lower object and then both faded but I think it could of been satellite's ?

When I hear an "alien being captured in 1940s" story I have to say my first thought is "garbled, fourth-hand memory of wartime incident". As far as the Whitburn area goes a German bomber ditched in the sea in 1940 which resulted in the crew being taken into custody.

As for Mr Hall, no idea. Childhood dream, tall tale, screen memory for something unpleasant but non paranormal?

Back