• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

2000AD

Here's an original piece by 2000 AD artist P J Holden, he signed it for me, JJ from PJ! :D

12642903_10153303930756994_1640047058322267702_n.jpg

12654468_10153303932616994_9194541247052023960_n.jpg

When I first watched this rather good Outer Limits episode I wondered if it might have inspired Rogue Trooper. I shan't include any further spoilers regarding the similarities.

Robert A. Heinlein's Starship Troopers may also have been an influence.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I loved the PS2 / PC Rogue Trooper game. It's about twelve years old and so it may appear dated in some ways but it's gorgeously atmospheric and has recently been tarted up with more up-to-date HD graphics.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7020/Rogue_Trooper/

When I first watched this rather good Outer Limits episode I wondered if it might have inspired Rogue Trooper. I shan't include any further spoilers regarding the similarities.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I loved the PS2 / PC Rogue Trooper game. It's about twelve years old and so it may appear dated in some ways but it's gorgeously atmospheric and has recently been tarted up with more up-to-date HD graphics.

Good episode, screenplay by Harlan Ellison based on a short story by him.

Really? I didn't notice that and I usually pay close attention to the credits!

I managed to get a copy of the Redux version in a giveaway. Graphics-wise, I couldn't tell the difference between it and the original, to be honest. Still a jolly good game though.

It really is, although I found the Hovertrain level a massive pain in the arse and it took me ages to get through the final battle. But then I'm not much of a gamer, so that's my excuse.

That's the episode that led Harlan Ellison to sue the Terminator producers for plagiarism, as the plots are rather similar (also his 'Demon with a Glass Hand" episode looks like it might have been an influence as well).

Last edited:
I don't think Ellison actually sued them, he just threatened them and they put his credit on all subsequent releases of The Terminator. It was because Cameron said in an interview around the release that to write the script he just ripped off a couple of Outer Limits episodes. Methinks Cameron is not as smart as he'd like us to think.

Back