• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

2014 Telepathic Golden Disc UFO Reconstruction

Worth a watch:

That's an amazing reconstruction, you almost feel like you're there experiencing it with him. I wonder if the telepathic message prompting him to have another look actually came from the object and those beings supposedly associated with it. We assume it did, but could it have come from another source, perhaps from some higher/hidden (more aware) part of himself that didn't want him to miss out on seeing this amazing thing?

You see this occasionally in UFO reports, where people have had thoughts suddenly come into their mind like telepathic messages telling them to go back (to a window or back outside) to have another look, or telling them not to be afraid, or (in one case) that it's not safe to pull over yet (when a witness was driving on a busy road). It's always assumed that the 'message' came from the UFO, but that's not the only possibility.

I know that takes us into the realms of metaphysics and spirituality, but is it anymore implausible than the idea that the object was 'piloted' by telepathic aliens who were just passing and thought that Mr McCabe of Peterborough might like to see them leaving!

On the other hand, there's been plenty of cases where UFOs do seem to interact with people's minds and respond to their thoughts so I guess we can't rule anything out.

UFOs, as ever, keep us endlessly guessing!

I think an exact date would be good to rule out space debris burning up or a bolide, also to see if there were any other reports from that area on the night, but you can't take away that it was his own fantastic experience and I know I am jealous

Without much more info there isn't much one can say about this.......my first reaction was someone made a fun video.

The person who experienced this incident is cited as Max or Maxwell McCabe.

This story seems to have surfaced in May 2021 (circa 7 years after the incident), when it was the subject of interview podcast(s) still available at a number of sites. I don't know whether all the podcasts are derived from a single interview.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...o-sightings-that/id1529523686?i=1000521780867

A Google search will turn up additional podcast sources.

Something about the circumstances of the sighting, particularly the fact that the witness was apparently primed by having his daughter relate her own experience of the previous night to him, makes me wonder if this isn't a form of dream imagery projected onto a fully conscious state. It seems very dreamlike.

Having said that, it's interesting to see a CGI reconstruction developed closely with the witness - I think it's hard to visualise what the witness thought they saw and experienced from the average drawing or written account, given we have to imagine something by definition outside ordinary experience.

I think an exact date would be good to rule out space debris burning up or a bolide, also to see if there were any other reports from that area on the night, but you can't take away that it was his own fantastic experience and I know I am jealous

This is an interesting point actually - do those of us who are not close quarters UFO experiencers envy those who are?

It seems to me that many who have these almost visionary types of experiences are permanently marked by it - whatever kind of message they receive. This is before you even consider the impact of not having your story believed, or being laughed at. As I've mentioned elsewhere I have seen, and even photographed, things I'd classify as a 'UFO' but I'm not sure I'd want to see something like the witness above did - something that seems to bring into question certain basic assumptions and above all which very much seems aimed at you, specifically.

It does also seem to be the case that once the 'Phenomenon' has taken an interest in you, as Keel might have put it, it doesn't go away so easily. This has disturbing implications even if (as I often suspect) the UFOs come from within our own consciousness somehow.

The same bloke has made a couple of reconstructions earlier than that, again working with witnesses. Here's one - a classic sighting on a dark, lonely road, from California:

Quite nice to see reconstructions unencumbered by dramatic music and scenery-chewing acting. They do hint at some of the sheer strangeness of the UFO experience, whatever the cause.

Edit to add there is a Reddit thread with comments from both the maker of the reconstruction and the witness:

Last edited:
The same user has since added three more reconstructions. There's clearly a lot of effort gone into these.
I love to be able to do stuff like that not only for my own experiances but also other peoples be it Ghosts, Time Slips, Ufo's and Aliens.

I suppose the reconstructions have the disadvantages of anything else based purely on a witness account, but they do capture some of the high strangeness factor of these experiences really well.

One thing it's not at all easy to imagine from a witness description is exactly how the object moved. We're so used to seeing static witness or investigator drawings it is easy to forget how important this is. Some of these (particularly the 'teardrop', 'lava orb' and the most recent 'morphing' disc) move very oddly indeed.

The same user has now added a few more reconstructions, including a 1973 case from Connecticut and this black triangle from Germany:

Back