• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

24/25th January 2019 East Anglia UFO & Humanoid?

Paul_Exeter

Justified & Ancient
Hi fellow Forteans
I’m finding references to an incident earlier this year In East Anglia, UK with sightings of a triangular ‘blimp’ zigzagging in the sky and, much better than that, encounters by multiple witnesses with a humanoid, which left the witnesses with flu-like symptoms akin to radiation sickness.
Clearly the best UK UFO incidents in nyears but I’m struggling to find the original source, just lots of internet articles repeating the same ‘facts’. Can anyone help?

Hi fellow Forteans
I’m finding references to an incident earlier this year In East Anglia, UK with sightings of a triangular ‘blimp’ zigzagging in the sky and, much better than that, encounters by multiple witnesses with a humanoid, which left the witnesses with flu-like symptoms akin to radiation sickness.
Clearly the best UK UFO incidents in nyears but I’m struggling to find the original source, just lots of internet articles repeating the same ‘facts’. Can anyone help?
Any idea where in East Anglia?

• 24/25 January 2019: over East Anglia a triangular blimp like aircraft spotted flying in a zigzag pattern along with over 100 people reporting strange symptoms after the first day of sightings. A strange figure was also seen with glowing orange eyes, a pale red skin tone and large hands
Thats all i got so far

I can ask my SiL for local scuttlebut too :)

Shad
  • 24/25 January 2019: over East Anglia a triangular blimp like aircraft spotted flying in a zigzag pattern along with over 100 people reporting strange symptoms after the first day of sightings. A strange figure was also seen with glowing orange eyes, a pale red skin tone and large hands
Thats all i got so far

Where did you get this from, Shady?

Thanks,

Rusty

The wikipedia article doesn't give a source for the report, but reads like it was lifted from the spookyisles piece. Which also doesn't name a primary source or a single witness or any of the doctors supposedly diagnosing radiation sickness.

East Anglia is a pretty big region, covering Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. There's nothing in the EDP or the EADT which are the two major regional papers, or in the Cambridge News. None of which are adverse to publishing UFO stories.

So with no provenance there doesn't seem much to go on. Also 100 witnesses and not a single photo? Or direct quote?

This site: https://www.revolvy.com/page/Reported-UFO-sightings-in-the-United-Kingdom

Also reports the following, almost verbatim from the others:

I was looking last night when this post first appeared and have just spent some time searching again, but cannot seem to locate the original source. I shall keep looking as with 100 or more witnesses, there has to be something to this unless the story was bogus from the start.

A small aside:

However in my search, I did come across this report of UFO's over Cromer :
https://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/...of-possible-alien-sightings-released-1-817598

I am now looking forward to a thread on Cromerian (?) anal probings from years gone by.

However in my search, I did come across this report of UFO's over Cromer :
https://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/...of-possible-alien-sightings-released-1-817598
This made me laugh;
In October 1988 a man from south London told the MOD he feared he had beamed up to into a large cigar shaped object which flew over his home.
The man claimed he may have been abducted after he had mysteriously gained an hour of time. But MOD investigators pointed out the clocks had gone back the night before.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, and yes Shady has found the same sources as me.

I spent a few months working in Norfolk, and so can attest to how large an area East Anglia is. Furthermore, there are a number of military airfields, including the US Air Force.

Sadly, it seems that we have reached a dead end and, given this case is so recent, I have to wonder if it is perhaps a mistranslation of a foreign language article or sightings report...?

Hi fellow Forteans

This might provide a link to where it may have originated: https://www.spookyisles.com/2019/03/england-ufo/

Thanks, Sid. It seems to be Source Zero...!

However, the actual description of the UFO and the humanoid etc ring a bell with me, and I do think this was reported somewhere in the non-Western world and that East Anglia is a typo/mistranslation

Thanks, Sid. It seems to be Source Zero...!

However, the actual description of the UFO and the humanoid etc ring a bell with me, and I do think this was reported somewhere in the non-Western world and that East Anglia is a typo/mistranslation
"Ah!" :died:

Bump...!

Found this:

Rugby Ball​

Location: Ramsden Heath (Essex) - Skies over Hanningfield Reservoir
Type: UFO
Date / Time: February (?) 1985
Further Comments: A zigzagging rugby ball shaped object, larger than an aircraft, was reported by a witness. The ufo was surrounded by red and orange lights

https://www.paranormaldatabase.com/reports/ufodata.php?pageNum_paradata=5&totalRows_paradata=196

Not a date match and it's debatable if Essex is in East Anglia but may be relevant

Back