• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

3-Billion Year Old Manufactured Spheroids?

It came to prominence via Cremo's book and then into the MOM.

I seem to remember it being dealt with by a South African geologist on a TV show and obviously JerryB's link is the definitive resource for this issue. Paul Heinrich is a veteran on various Usenet groups and is very knowledgable on various claims that come up a lot - his home page is:

www.intersurf.com/~chalcedony/wildside.shtml

Sorry...OT.

drjbrennan, I can't help but notice that your sig is the motto of my state: esse quam videri. I congratulate you on your taste!

Minor Drag said:
Sorry...OT.

drjbrennan, I can't help but notice that your sig is the motto of my state: esse quam videri. I congratulate you on your taste!

North Carolina IIRC?

Some have a thin shell about a quarter inch thick, when broken open are filled with a strange spongy material that disintegrates into dust upon contact with air.

Fossilised Malteasers?

Mad theory time! :D
You've all heard of panspermia?
Perhaps these spheres were sent out in all directions by some long-dead civilisation, in order to seed the universe with life? Perhaps the dust is some kind of spore?

Mythopoeika said:
Mad theory time! :D
You've all heard of panspermia?
Perhaps these spheres were sent out in all directions by some long-dead civilisation, in order to seed the universe with life? Perhaps the dust is some kind of spore?

If life were to arise on Mars or Titan billions of years from now what would it make of the remains of our space probes?

Back