• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

3 Is The Number Of The Beasts

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Owner Thinks Cat's Marks Honor Earnhardt

Jan 13, 2:34 PM (ET)

DELAND, Fla. (AP) - First it was the Dale Earnhardt goat, now it's the Dale Earnhardt cat.

David Albury was at home recuperating from surgery several months ago when he noticed the black fur on his cat's back was shaped in the number "3." The fur screamed "Dale Earnhardt" to Albury.

He told his wife of 30 years, "Valerie, we're rich."

Albury, a NASCAR fan who regularly watches the races on television, called up the Daytona International Speedway to see if officials there were interested. The Speedway officials suggested he call Dale Earnhardt Inc. based in North Carolina. He hasn't gotten a reply.

Earnhardt died in 2001 during a crash in the Daytona 500. The legendary driver's car bore the number 3.

Albury is adamant that he doesn't want to sell the black and white cat named Romeo, and more recently called Little E or Kitty 3 after Earnhardt.

"But I wouldn't mind if he became a celebrity," Albury said.

This isn't the first animal born in Florida bearing the number 3 since Earnhardt's death.

In 2002, a brown Nubian goat was born in north Florida that had a white "3" on its side. It was promptly named Lil' Dale and several Earnhardt fan's went to its farm to see it.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040113/D8024GDO0.html

What really gets me is that this isn't the first time this has happened!!

Emps

I wonder how often it happens, numbers, letters, symbols, whatever, in general. Everywhere. Also, there has to be a name for this.

I'm pretty sure the goat has been in FT but here is the story (and an attached picture of said goat):

Goat's birthmark seen as Earnhardt tribute

Associated Press
July 03, 2002 08:45:00

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - A 4-month-old goat with a curious birthmark has fans of the late racing star Dale Earnhardt flocking to a north Florida farm.

The brown Nubian goat, named Lil' Dale, was born with a distinctive white "3" - Earnhardt's number - on her right side.

"It's weird," said her owner, Jerry Pierson. "I've seen people take pictures and get tears in their eyes."

"One woman said, 'Man, she gives me chills,' " Pierson said.

Although she was born on a meat and dairy farm in Interlachen, about 50 miles south of Jacksonville, Pierson says Lil' Dale likely has a career in advertising.

"How couldn't she be something to NASCAR or auto racing?" Pierson asked. "All you have to do is put an oilcan in front of her and it'll sell."

http://www.czabe.com/backup/vol14_jun10/Goat's birthmark seen as Earnhardt tribute.htm

Emps

Found a picture of the puddy (attached).

How famous is this Dale? If people just think dale when they see the number 3............

Emps

Back